Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (100 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I watched the game on TV and also didn't see Amauri being angry at Trez. It's reasonable he was disapointed because the ball went to Trez instead of him, he needs the goals even more than Trez. It did look "ugly" when he didn't ran after Trez immediately, but Amauri is just bitter at himself, not Trez.
If he was (at Trez), that would be cause for permanent dismissal to the club doghouse for a while to make him think about what he's done.

But my suspicion, like you, is more that he's frustrated with himself. That's actually not too much better, IMO. We cannot afford to have a player who is grading himself so intently on his own performance to the point that he totally neglects to recognize the successes of the broader team around him.

As such, it's still a form of very selfish play. If Amauri cannot shift his own attention to his teammates instead of himself, it may be a while before I think he's ready to start in a key match.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I t seems he needs some time on the bench to think about things. Not because he is being a disaster but it seems that pressure and lack of goals are really taking the best of him, now in a psychological level.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
If he was (at Trez), that would be cause for permanent dismissal to the club doghouse for a while to make him think about what he's done.

But my suspicion, like you, is more that he's frustrated with himself. That's actually not too much better, IMO. We cannot afford to have a player who is grading himself so intently on his own performance to the point that he totally neglects to recognize the successes of the broader team around him.

As such, it's still a form of very selfish play. If Amauri cannot shift his own attention to his teammates instead of himself, it may be a while before I think he's ready to start in a key match.
Considering the competition in attack, Amauri is just desperate to score. Here we are now at round 6 and while Iaquinta and largely rotated Trez have both already 3, he still hasnt opened his account. Its def as simple as that. And since his a striker there comes the desperation.

And as the gap continues Amauri might become even more selfish if those two continue to score and he still fails.

And while i think he should therefore sit on the bench (since Iaquinta and Trez both have in the past), i also feel that this could turn slightly ugly for Amauri. With his SA temperament i could see him start accusing someone or something if he will be dropped to bench. Dont want to make up some fuss here but seeing the way he sometimes acts here and there with his temperament getting the better of him, i feel it could only heart.

Amauri should realize that his not a instant starter anymore, in the form he is now. Lets see how it will develop out. There is def enough games for all the strikers to get their playing time. Amauri just has to be patient.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Considering the competition in attack, Amauri is just desperate to score. Here we are now at round 6 and while Iaquinta and largely rotated Trez have both already 3, he still hasnt opened his account. Its def as simple as that. And since his a striker there comes the desperation.

And as the gap continues Amauri might become even more selfish if those two continue to score and he still fails.

And while i think he should therefore sit on the bench (since Iaquinta and Trez both have in the past), i also feel that this could turn slightly ugly for Amauri. With his SA temperament i could see him start accusing someone or something if he will be dropped to bench. Dont want to make up some fuss here but seeing the way he sometimes acts here and there with his temperament getting the better of him, i feel it could only heart.

Amauri should realize that his not a instant starter anymore, in the form he is now. Lets see how it will develop out. There is def enough games for all the strikers to get their playing time. Amauri just has to be patient.
Amauri being a starter for 6 months despite not scoring a goal says something about the lack of competition in the squad that we had back then. Trez wasn't fit, DP wasn't scoring much. Had things been different, he would have been benched already in March in the absence of goals.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Amauri being a starter for 6 months despite not scoring a goal says something about the lack of competition in the squad that we had back then. Trez wasn't fit, DP wasn't scoring much. Had things been different, he would have been benched already in March in the absence of goals.

Yep.

It seems that now he will forcefully hace to sit down some time. Who knows maybe this will do him good.

And better for him to not make a fuss about it, because it will take a lot of the respect i have for him. Credits when its due and right now he does not deserve a starting spot, not because of the lack of goals only, but because it seems that it is taken the best of him.

puzzu

Jun 15, 2007
I agree with you. Amauri should be benched for a long time. But its not only his fault. This year with the system we are playing, the 4-3-1-2, we are noy creating many open chances like last year. Last year we used to score much more. Many palyers cant adapt to this system. We score one goal, then we are happy with it and try to win with it. We employed an inexperienced coach, and with the players we bought we didnt improve on last year, instead I am seeing the team playing much less better than last year. Agaianst Livorno we were lucky we won, so against Lazio. In 3 days we told Inter: " We dont want to win the league, take it." Because throwing away 4 points in 3 days I am sure we are not going to win the league. Drawing home with Bologna will not win any leagues. So the CL. We drew home with Bordeux playing very badly. Another year wasted as how we are playing we are a 4th table place.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Just for the record, back in 2005-06 when DP scored his 179th goal for Juve (equalling Boniperti), against Brügge at home,
Trez made the most PMS face of all time.
Anyone remember this?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Sell this piece of shit!! Is it the bad match? no! just see his reaction after Trezeguet scored the goal. I don't want these reaction in Juve..

You're not very intelligent. And the fact that you got owned and refused to admit it for the sake of your ego shows how much of a little man you are.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Oh, drama.

Like he screamed "NOOOO" when we scored. He'd probably love to score now and break the bad streak so he might be frustrated already. Guy is off-form and he should be benched, taking his chance in the last 15 minutes or so for start. Stop making drama over stupid and pointless things. You made it sound like he hates Trez but it's actually you that hate Amauri.
:tup:

The thing is: he is too arrogant, he complains about everything. Cristina ronaldo is arrogant too but, he scores he does things which people forget about her arrogance, but amauri, he is doing nothing, and still arrogant. I'm sick of him. Please play alex and Trezegol or iaquinta. We don't need to hold the ball if we are not able to win games or score. when we leading by 2 or 3 then put amuari in and ask him to hold the ball in corner cos that's all he can do. :mad:
don't forget to -rep amauri lovers.
What sort of arrogance are you talking about? Just the way he looks?

Do you support the Azzurri?

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Credit the nature of an online forum to bring out such stupidity in people, particularly when agendas/debates are involved.

Someone makes an argument based solely upon hearsay, in turn is contradicted by hard evidence (in this case, video evidence), yet, rather than admit defeat, lashes out with ad hominem attacks and baseless reaching - "oh, but it was different on television!" Curious, what source do you think these clips are ripped from? When all else fails, excuses himself from the conversation on the pretense that he's "above the argument". Hilarious.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Credit the nature of an online forum to bring out such stupidity in people, particularly when agendas/debates are involved.

Someone makes an argument based solely upon hearsay, in turn is contradicted by hard evidence (in this case, video evidence), yet, rather than admit defeat, lashes out with ad hominem attacks and baseless reaching - "oh, but it was different on television!" Curious, what source do you think these clips are ripped from? When all else fails, excuses himself from the conversation on the pretense that he's "above the argument". Hilarious.
voila, nice recap adriano

Apr 12, 2004

Great post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)