Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (109 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Amauri is potentially the most hated Juventus player after Molinaro.

Why is that the case? I don't know.

Whether it be his lack of call ups for Brazil, or him wanting to play for the Azzurri, I just don't know.

the i told you so's have nothing better going on then to come on here and say: yeah you guessed it.
Objectively hes had a few bad games this season, but for that to be enough to dismiss whats shown so far and his potential is just ridic

Aug 1, 2003
to be honest I like amauri on the pitch, he works hard and distracts the defenders - I REALLY pity him for not scoring and for everyone's sakes I wish he would. But it's been too long, and the game vs bayern is really important - I don't think we should risk starting with him anymore since Trez has been scoring despite not reaching full fitness level, but we can't afford to miss 5 chances of scoring in a game. Hopefully amauri will be strong enough mentally to go through this drought and not let it dampen his spirits.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
the i told you so's have nothing better going on then to come on here and say: yeah you guessed it.
Objectively hes had a few bad games this season, but for that to be enough to dismiss whats shown so far and his potential is just ridic
Few, he didn't have a good game this season and he played for 7 games. he didn't do any assist, he didn't score! A striker who doesn't score or assist is useless!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
There's also the small matter of not scoring for 6 months despite starting just about every match and having no serious injuries.

And when others get lambasted for less by the very same people who are now here to "stand up for common sense" the scene takes on a ridiculous character.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
There's also the small matter of not scoring for 6 months despite starting just about every match and having no serious injuries.

And when others get lambasted for less by the very same people who are now here to "stand up for common sense" the scene takes on a ridiculous character.
on the matter or amauri, you think all he needs to do to be having a good game is to score; i don't. As exhibited in trez first goal this season he did everything for that buildup.
on the matter of his bashers, it's one thing to communicate opinions based on rational progression and another to just blow off steam. The latter makes for a childish vacuous forum; i dont think we want that.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
on the matter or amauri, you think all he needs to do to be having a good game is to score; i don't. As exhibited in trez first goal this season he did everything for that buildup.
Yes, and that was a good play. And how many other goals has he assisted? Let's see..
Chievo - zip
Roma - zip
Lazio - assist to Trez goal
Bordeaux - zip
Livorno - zip
Genoa - zip
Bologna - zip

I liked that shot too, but there have been 4 matches since then. So let's not kid ourselves that he's some sort of assist man. And that assist for Trez wasn't even meant to be an assist, he made a shot and missed. Again. And Trez being Trez, was in the right place to pick up the rebound. No Trez, no goal.

on the matter of his bashers, it's one thing to communicate opinions based on rational progression and another to just blow off steam. The latter makes for a childish vacuous forum; i dont think we want that.
I didn't see you criticize the same impulses acted on elsewhere. It's knee jerk all around.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yes, and that was a good play. And how many other goals has he assisted? Let's see..
Chievo - zip
Roma - zip
Lazio - assist to Trez goal
Bordeaux - zip
Livorno - zip
Genoa - zip
Bologna - zip

I liked that shot too, but there have been 4 matches since then. So let's not kid ourselves that he's some sort of assist man. And that assist for Trez wasn't even meant to be an assist, he made a shot and missed. Again. And Trez being Trez, was in the right place to pick up the rebound. No Trez, no goal.

I didn't see you criticize the same impulses acted on elsewhere. It's knee jerk all around.

rewatch those first couple of games, he hit some bars played well made nice runs just a bit unlucky.

As for my reaction to similar instances elsewhere, it either escaped you or I wasnt in the mood to engage, both along with my general attitude towards the phenomenon itself are irrelevant.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Amauri's obviously in a slump but he's proven what a great player he is for us already. Let's just be glad our other strikers in Iaquinta and Trezeguet are in good form.

It's invaluable to have such a complete striker like Amauri on the bench.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
rewatch those first couple of games, he hit some bars played well made nice runs just a bit unlucky.
So you're saying he tried to score but he was unlucky not to. So in other words we're back to scoring, not making assists? Well in that case he has a terrible record and I don't care how many almost-goals he has. Is that why we bought him, to almost-score?

He's not scoring and he's not making assists. Which renders him useless as a striker as far as I'm concerned.

As for my reaction to similar instances elsewhere, it either escaped you or I wasnt in the mood to engage, both along with my general attitude towards the phenomenon itself are irrelevant.
In that case, perhaps others are currently out of mood to heed your advice.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
thats your opinion i dont agree with it as your view is shortsighted for only seeing him(his scoring) in the light of only that game. The equation has a lot more variables consisting of past performance and current and future potentials. I care how many almost goals he has because its an indication of things to come just him not being close to that in the past 3 games shows thats its gotten worse.

As for you confusing a mood to act the fool and another to stop such act, thats's pretty sad

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
thats your opinion i dont agree with it as your view is shortsighted for only seeing him(his scoring) in the light of only that game. The equation has a lot more variables consisting of past performance and current and future potentials. I care how many almost goals he has because its an indication of things to come just him not being close to that in the past 3 games shows thats its gotten worse.
Right, shortsighted. :rolleyes: Amauri had a hot streak last year. He scored 12 goals. Not an immense number in and of itself, but not bad for 6 months. He then went cold. Absolute zero cold. And he's now completed another streak of 6 months, but with zero goals. Now this is a player who's only been at the club for a year, he still has a lot to prove. Now if he were 24 we could say "well give it time, he'll be here a long time". But he's not. The time is now. And his record over that year speaks as much for him as it does against him.

Now tell me, how many other strikers have we had in the last 15 years who were starting every match and didn't score for 6 months? I don't remember any.

As for you confusing a mood to act the fool and another to stop such act, thats's pretty sad
For you to encourage restraint when it suits your cause and abstain when it doesn't is also pretty sad. Especially when you then preach about "we wouldn't want the forum to become like that". Opportunism.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
oh please your question is so ridiculous del piero was off form for like 4 years yet he always started

:lol: whats my cause? so wnating the forum to be better is preaching? it's not my place to roam the forums and make sure everyone behaves and acts rationally you re just so ridiculous, i think the windmill sights are making a don quixote out of you.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
oh please your question is so ridiculous del piero was off form for like 4 years yet he always started
Perfect example. Even in his worst slump DP never went 6 months without scoring. And he's the one player who's gotten the most leeway to date. Amauri is actually worse than that. It's something of a miracle that noone has really noticed this yet. But believe me, if the lack of scoring continues, they will.

:lol: whats my cause? so wnating the forum to be better is preaching? it's not my place to roam the forums and make sure everyone behaves and acts rationally you re just so ridiculous, i think the windmill sights are making a don quixote out of you.
Either you have some sort of interest in making the forum a certain way or you don't. I don't take people seriously who make an off hand criticism here and then look the other way elsewhere. That's not credible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)