Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (25 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
life is so much better when you are optimistic i think:) just makes things more pleasant...the goals will come for Amauri...i am confident in this.

i can't wait to hear the haters when he starts climbing up the charts.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Whats up with this Amauri hating? He's excellent, I don't care if he hasn't score in the first four games I would continue to start him, he is our best forward.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
amauri's workrate is fenomenal,he plays when with iaquinta more so as a SS, when he plays with del piero in teh future you will see will sit up a bit more and play as a proper ST

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I would like to see Amauri spend more time in dangerous areas.

He is spending too much time in wide areas and not enough in goal scoring positions for my liking.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You do have a point, but right now I'm afraid he is obliged to drift out wide a lot, same goes for Iaquinta. I just don't see anyone else covering those spaces.
Last night, I would have liked to have seen Giovinco drifting wide and either Iaquinta or Amauri playing more centrally.

Then they shouldn't play together and leave the box empty.
I agree.

I've said before that I don't think the Iaquinta-Amauri partnership works.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Then they shouldn't play together and leave the box empty.
You're right about that. The only way the Iaquinta - Amauri partnership is really going to work, is if one of them can assume different role from the one they're used to. Both currently play pretty much the same game, which at times causes problems.
But if either of them is going to play a different role (thus being somewhat limited in their exploits), we're probably not going to get the best out of them. Tricky situation

Last night, I would have liked to have seen Giovinco drifting wide and either Iaquinta or Amauri playing more centrally.
Giovinco drifting wide yesterday was what I kept hoping for myself because he is best suited for the wing. Maybe he had instructions not to.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'm not saying that we should change the formation. All I'm saying is that 4-3-2-1 should be used sometimes if the team are not doing good in a game.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006

I agree.

I've said before that I don't think the Iaquinta-Amauri partnership works.
it does work for certain teams, and when you have Diego and Camo in midfield to provide more services. I don't like the fact that our Defenders who play long balls to our strikers, that's bullshit, that's why they play wide. I believe that if we have had Zanneti instead of Tiago last night our midfield would have been much better in passing, and possession!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)