Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (169 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'd take Fabiano over Amauri without even thinking. It's obvious Amauri has issues, he's just thinking of the national team call up and it's getting to him.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
No one yet answered me, what does Amauri add to our game that the midfielders are not already doing?

And I know now why Dunga chooses Fabiano over Amauri.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
No one yet answered me, what does Amauri add to our game that the midfielders are not already doing?

He's just out of form. He adds a lot, he should be benched but we shouldn't give up on him.

You do? Because of a bad start? When he was good last season no one knew the answer.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008

never been a fan of Amauri he is a good player but not for us and i said that before we bought him..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Amauri deserved to be in the Brazilian team last year, no doubt about it. Doesn't matter what Dunga thinks now.

This player needs to get a goal, and fast. His confidence is hurting, and you can even see it when he holds the ball and runs with it. Nothing like last year. :(

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
JCK perhaps we should put a midfielder up front instead then? I'm sure they could run the channels, try assists, miss headers and the hold the ball up whilst running all game, right? That's after we give Trez another go of course.

In my opinion Amauri is not a proper striker and never will be, he is not a player who particularly looks for goals but when he is in better form he will finish the odd headed chance or chance around the area. I think the biggest problem he and the team have is that he and Iaquinta both do the same things, but Iaquinta gets into the better positions and right now is certainly shit hot.

May 22, 2007

Today Amauri really didn't do anything at all apart from miss easy chances. Most of the dribbles he tries end up with the other team, and he fouls players trying to reach the ball. He has seen a lot better games, and he is easily capable.

I never really rated Fabiano below Amauri. The scoring record for Brazil is impressive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 168)