Amantino Mancini (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
stupid rumor give Iaquinta + 5m € for Mancini. F*ck off!

Iaquinta is a warrior and will get some playing time next season with all the cups and sh*t.

Mancini is a great talent but under-performed too much lately. He makes a dribble here and there and scores a nice goal and people go nuts about him. I would prefer getting a less flashy but consistent player.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
stupid rumor give Iaquinta + 5m € for Mancini. F*ck off!

Iaquinta is a warrior and will get some playing time next season with all the cups and sh*t.

Mancini is a great talent but under-performed too much lately. He makes a dribble here and there and scores a nice goal and people go nuts about him. I would prefer getting a less flashy but consistent player.
It`s +6mln euros.

And they would invest that money to buy J.Mathieu.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
It`s +6mln euros.

And they would invest that money to buy J.Mathieu.
I doubt theres any truth to that rumour.. The only situation i'd take Mancini is for a stupidly low price or better yet free as he's so inconsitent it's not funny.. He plays 5 shit games and then puts out 1 good display and suddenly hes world class.. Mind you i'm comparing him to world class players when i say this

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I like Mancini (when he's on his game)... but I like Iaquinta more. No way I make this deal unless Vincenzo is actually really pissed off about being third choice striker.

Why not sell Almiron or someone like that to someone else, and use that money as makeweight to Roma for Mancini.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I like Mancini (when he's on his game)... but I like Iaquinta more. No way I make this deal unless Vincenzo is actually really pissed off about being third choice striker.

Why not sell Almiron or someone like that to someone else, and use that money as makeweight to Roma for Mancini.
Because Roma wants Iaquinta.

And plus,if we sign Amauri(and we will),Iaquinta would get much more playing time in Roma.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I'd prefer to keep Iaquinta, as I really like him and he's been excellent, but am I the only one seeing sense in this deal? It's probably the best move for all parties involved.

Amauri's arrival, even though we'll be playing a lot of matches, will really limit Iaquinta's playing time. Iaquinta will be fourth choise, one could argue undeservedly so, but that's just how it is. At Roma, he'd find his old coach(Spaletti again) and there aren't any players with characteristics similar to him. He's also a good fit for Spaletti's module. The black and white colours suit him better though..

About Mancini.. I agree with all that say he's been unperforming this season and that he's terribly inconsistent. He's still really talented though, and in a team where he might feel less like the man(cause frankly after Totti, Roma do look to Mancini to lead their attack) he might work harder. Though he doesn't contribute continuesly in a match, he's a matchdecider and he can play both flanks. He scores a lot of goals from the left and he was Serie A's topassister in his first season in Serie A (!) when playing from the right. Our midfield is getting on somewhat, age-wise, and this season has proved that we lack in depth. We really suffered when Nedved and especially Camo was out. Nedved might retire anyway(i dont think so, but stil..), and he isn't exactly the same anymore. Also, extremely talented he may be, we don't know what the future has in store for Giovinco. Mancini will give us a lot of options in midfield, for example:

Mancini - MidfielderX - Sissoko - Camoranesi

Nedved/Giovinco - Midfielder X - Sissoko - Camoranesi

Nedved/Giovinco - Sissoko - Camoranesi - Mancini

..Some food for thought.

OP
Stefanjuventino
May 19, 2007
  • Thread Starter #294
    if we trade Iaquinta for Mancini then we should keep on to Palladino.
    i think it will only happen when the Amauri transfer is sealed
    our attack should look something like:

Trez / Del Piero - Amauri (still hoping on his arrival)/ Palladino

Palladino is someone who is young and who we can use in a long term.

i see someting good in this transfer but only when the transfer of Amauri is sealed.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I'd prefer to keep Iaquinta, as I really like him and he's been excellent, but am I the only one seeing sense in this deal? It's probably the best move for all parties involved.

Amauri's arrival, even though we'll be playing a lot of matches, will really limit Iaquinta's playing time. Iaquinta will be fourth choise, one could argue undeservedly so, but that's just how it is. At Roma, he'd find his old coach(Spaletti again) and there aren't any players with characteristics similar to him. He's also a good fit for Spaletti's module. The black and white colours suit him better though..

About Mancini.. I agree with all that say he's been unperforming this season and that he's terribly inconsistent. He's still really talented though, and in a team where he might feel less like the man(cause frankly after Totti, Roma do look to Mancini to lead their attack) he might work harder. Though he doesn't contribute continuesly in a match, he's a matchdecider and he can play both flanks. He scores a lot of goals from the left and he was Serie A's topassister in his first season in Serie A (!) when playing from the right. Our midfield is getting on somewhat, age-wise, and this season has proved that we lack in depth. We really suffered when Nedved and especially Camo was out. Nedved might retire anyway(i dont think so, but stil..), and he isn't exactly the same anymore. Also, extremely talented he may be, we don't know what the future has in store for Giovinco. Mancini will give us a lot of options in midfield, for example:

Mancini - MidfielderX - Sissoko - Camoranesi

Nedved/Giovinco - Midfielder X - Sissoko - Camoranesi

Nedved/Giovinco - Sissoko - Camoranesi - Mancini

..Some food for thought.
    No. :p

It possible IMO.Iaquinta would get more playing time in Roma plus they always wanted him
    Iaquinta is in good relationship with Spalletti also. :D

He wanted to sign him for Roma.
    And I agree about Mancini`s part.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
    I would only agree to this deal if after getting Mancini we would swap with Lyon for Ben Arfa. Lyon was interested last year and might be tempted giving up Ben Arfa for Mancini. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't Ben Arfa & Benzema don't get along?>

Apr 19, 2007
    Does anyone think we could pe possibly about to run a 4-3-3 next year which we will need 2 good backups dp------trez--------amauri with palla and Iaquinta as backups. Camo could play a pirlo role with Sissiko ond gio sitting in front of them

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)