Amantino Mancini (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

valtine

Apr 12, 2008
That's my problem too. Why do we need Mancini at all? Maybe Iaquinta hasn't got future in Juve because of our strength in strikers but it isn't the right business to sell him. Let's get Aquilani, it sounds better. :)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
To the people who say that we don't need Mancini:

Right not the only good wide player we have is Camo. Nedved is past his best and he might not even be here next season. Marchionni is never there because of injuries and he's leaving anyway. So that would leave us with Camo (great) Giovinco (unproven in Juve's first team as of yet) and Sali ( back up player and not so great)

So Imagine Camo gets one of his injuries like earlier this season, or if Giovinco turns out to be not ready yet. What will we do? Will we rely on one player in 3 competitions?

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
It doesn't mean we'll get "stuck" with the players you mentionned and won't buy a player that's more adapt to play on the left in a 4-4-2 if we don't get Mancini. A new guy will indeed be needed because we are getting old at that position.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, but think about how many good wingers are there for sale.

Now think about how many of them cost less than Mancini.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Does anyone think we could pe possibly about to run a 4-3-3 next year which we will need 2 good backups dp------trez--------amauri with palla and Iaquinta as backups. Camo could play a pirlo role with Sissiko ond gio sitting in front of them
I did think we might go 4-3-3 but, judging by what Secco has said and the amount of midfielders we have, it seems likely we will continue with 4-4-2 as our normal formation.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
My only issues with him is his inconsistency and the fact that he can't handle the pressure and step to the plate when the team needs him. I dont think hes the best option for the role we need him to play.

Juventino007

Jun 11, 2007
i think seeing as we will be in champions lge next year
if we are swapping iaquinta and cash for mancini, we have one extra winger,
but one less striker, but that place will probably be filled by amauri,
so maybe the reason we offer iaquinta is because we will have amauri.
Im not saying that i approve of this or that i like this, just trying to give reasoning

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'm sure there will be a couple available + Roma could be sold soon so they may even keep Mancini.
I doubt though.

I think Spalletti is not counting on him anymore and plus they are already searching for some players to cover that position.Now,if Soros comes they will probably go for Robinho.It`s most probably Mancini`s last season in Rome.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
keep iaquinta. dun buy amauri, use that cash for another winger. quaresma? :p
Quaresma can be explosive when on form. Other days he can be invisible - or simply ineffective.

In many respects he is similarly inconsistent like Mancini.

If we need someone wide left, it has to be Diego Capel.

Jun 13, 2007
Quaresma can be explosive when on form. Other days he can be invisible - or simply ineffective.

In many respects he is similarly inconsistent like Mancini.

If we need someone wide left, it has to be Diego Capel.
Capel would be great considering that low release clause.
Capel is not bad but I don't like his style . He just puts his head on the ground and runs like there's no tommorow , kind of like Molinaro . He is not a very intelligent player but he can sure run a lot .

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Capel is not bad but I don't like his style . He just puts his head on the ground and runs like there's no tommorow , kind of like Molinaro . He is not a very intelligent player but he can sure run a lot .
:p

Even if he do that he`s still very good.He`s very good with ball unlike Molinaro.His dribbling,crosses and shots are very good.

Come to thinking of it...you guys know that Vargas can play in middle?

Few times he played there for Catania and he was absolutely great.His crosses are perfect unlike some players from our current team.So if we buy him we could play him as DL but also in middle.De Ceglie could play also and Vargas could play instead of Nedved from time to time.
I don`t know if there`s any better player than Vargas for that amount of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)