Amantino Mancini (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
He has gotten lots of chances, and he has shown zilch. You know it, we all do. He is about to finish his second season with the team, and has shown he is not good enough. We all wish he did well and prove himself, but he is NOT.

And Ranieri has ZILCH blame with Palla not being good enough. I know everyone likes to blame him for the worlds problem, but you should sacrifice to your Gods Ranieri doesnt only consider him only as a striker, because he had, Palla would have been permanently heating the bench until he is shown the door head first. Palla as a striker is nowhere NEAR getting any minutes with DP, Iaquinta and Trez all beyong way beyond him (just like Mancini is). He would have had to compete with them if was only a striker, and we all know he wouldnt come anywhere for a mere second.

He is played on the wings because firstly even if Palla is a forward first, he is more of a side striker, like Di Natale, who can roam to the sides. Play wing isnt that alien to him. But most importantly, he is played in midfield and in the wings, to FIND space and time for Palla in the team. As said he has no hope in our attack.

If we now have come tot terms with why he has zero hope in the attack, the two wings he has played in, right and left. Well lets just say the right was because we had no options and it was desperate measure to fit him in because we had no one else. But Palla on the right is the place he is virtually nonexistent in, he is totally useless there more then he is in the left or forward (and he hasnt performed anything the others, but much much less so in the right). While in the left is his natural side because can cross there, and as a forward its his favoured side. Actually seen him in the Azzurrini play left win in a 4-3-3 formation (much like Giovinco is now). Its not alien to him. But he has failed to impress there to.

So at the end of the day, who is it to blame for not being good enough? No one else but the player who has done crap despite ample chances to prove himself. And please dont come with age, the dude is 24 frigging years old.

We would have given up on him way long time ago if he was someone we bought, and not a primavera player. Even if he isnt good enough, still wouldnt say sell him. Despite not being good enough, give him a last and 3rd season of showing himself worthy from the bench. Otherwise, can be not good enough elsewhere.
i think he should get another chance next season as a striker, when there will be time for him. im just saying ranieri can clearly see it isnt working for palla at RM but does he move him? no he doesnt.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Where does he move? The only other place to move him is to the bench.

Because you arent suggesting you play Palla ahead of our 3 great strikers do you? (Palla played striker from the start in 3 games this season I remember, he has been USELESS in them).

Palla doesnt work anywhere to start, thats the issue, not Ranieri, but Palla not being good enough. And there wont be much time for him next season as off the bench striker (if he is restricted to that), but he will have to prove himself in the little time he gets, unlike this season. And with CL play, he will get more room to showcase himself, if he fails terribly again, then thats that.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Where does he move? The only other place to move him is to the bench.

Because you arent suggesting you play Palla ahead of our 3 great strikers do you? (Palla played striker from the start in 3 games this season I remember, he has been USELESS in them).

Palla doesnt work anywhere to start, thats the issue, not Ranieri, but Palla not being good enough. And there wont be much time for him next season as off the bench striker (if he is restricted to that), but he will have to prove himself in the little time he gets, unlike this season. And with CL play, he will get more room to showcase himself, if he fails terribly again, then thats that.
quite clearly not htis season, palla is a benchwarmer this season. but next season there will be a lot of games so he could get his chance if he doesnt take it next season then sell him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Exactly, its that simple. If he was a player we bought, and one who isnt pampered with the italian primavera talent treatment, we would have sold him without any hesitation (or loaned til he doesnt come back) after dissapointing this much.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
How has Mancini been below average? Roma are the second team in the league, and besides Totti, he is their best weapon. How can they be 2nd when their second best attackers are below average? (so you say him scoring and deciding games for them, with performances like against Lyon, is nothing? Below average?).
Just because Roma are 2nd doesn't mean Mancini automatically did well. Same can't be said about Inter's Burdisso or Juve's Nocerino.

What do you mean he is their best weapon? To me, Vucinic has been performing better than Totti and any other player, Guily has also scored goals in couple of decent matches and I wouldnt consider him as one of their best weapons. Or It depends what do you mean by best weapon.

Against Lyon he wasn't below average.....And for the record, against Lyon he didn't do anything special apart from the goal. He had couple of good moves and the goal. I wouldn't give him over 7.5 unless this was match of his life.

And Nedved is over the hill and shown his decline with some great moments, with some good but alot of bad in the start of the season, basically inconsistency (basically he was so bad in the first half of the season, alot of us was saying give Palla the chance to start instead, you know, before Palla showed he is total shit). But even then, Palladino is nowhere near our Nedved, he is totally useless in comparison.
I remember people criticizing Nedved for his start of the season, but same thing they did with Del Piero and many others. But that was only in some forums.... basically some fans tend to make a big fuss over couple of performances MOSTLY because the players were/are over 30 +. If Nedved doesn't perform it's because of his age, If younger players dont play well, it's due to something else.

Anyway thats not our topic, but the thing is that lot of people made a big fuss over Nedveds case when infact he wasn't bad only for 3 matches which can happen to the currently best players in the world.

The diff and the reason I can't compare Nedved and Mancini is like I said, Nedved can make a diff, you can depend on him in such a moments...Mancini isn't there to his level.

Mancini has this style "I don't run behind the ball, I wait for the ball" Zlatan style if you ask me. Nedved can run and run and run till he gets the ball himself. Thats what I call class.

So how the heck is Palladino's season even half of Mancini's, when he isnt close to our Nedveds? What are you going to say next Palla is as good as Camo too?
I said Palladino's playing out of position has given more than Mancini playing in his fav position. I wasn't talking about abilities because non of them have convinced me so far.

Both Palladino and Mancini I said aren't close from both Nedved and Camoranesi.

Btw, I just made this post before I read what you wrote to Juve Revolution. Did you just say Nedved is miles and miles ahead of Mancini? Seriously??? You should have said that way earlier, so one could understand the skewed view you have of Mancini, and why you came to say a totally useless nobody like Palladino is having a better season...
I'll say it again, Nedved is not only miles ahead of Mancini but way more.

You can call it skewed view or anything you want. You're comparing someone who hasn't achieved anything on a personal level keep aside the team level. And you're comparing someone who doesn't give 30% of what Pavel gives on the field.

Even Pavel at this age runs more if not double, so this basically says it all.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Seriously, no reason to continue this if the best you can do is Nedved is miles ahead of Mancini (wasnt just 3 games, in the fall alot of fans wanted him benched due to his poor performances, Nedved has knack for big moments, but a player like him is finished when there is ALOT of time between when those moments happen), and that when I say Mancini is second most important after Totti for their attack, you come with weird Nocerino comparisons and seem to think I automatically rate him as such when he did CARRY Roma after Totti was gone for a while (despite his poor attitudes, he is rated as important by Roma fans in XT, despite his flaws, they consider him to be their second best attack weapon for a reason).

Vuci has been topnotch for them off the bench, and starting to be good LATELY, good recent form doesnt equal to him being better then those to vital players for the entire season ( in Serie A he was lacking for a long while except few games, he mainly performed for them only in CL, but scored very little in league). He has subbed in and benched Mancini when he has been off form now and then, but in overall Mancini has been better then Vuci despite his inconsistencies. And Vuci is UNCOMPARABLE to Totti. Totti has scored 14 league goals for them, despite being Totti, while Vuci has 3 league goals.

If you are going to be that biased for no reason, then be my guest. But there is not a single credible argument you can come with to even start to compare Palla with Mancini, let alone have the nerve to say he has been better then Mancini...

P.S For general mention of this player, should make it obvious I dont want him to be signed by Juve at all, as I explained several pages back. Even if he is miles better then Palla, and is also better then our current Pavel is who quite surely declined.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I think in general he is way too wasteful. Especially when Totti isn't there he looks clueless. But without Totti, Roma look to give him the ball all the time. he might do something good eventually but against stronger teams he's exposed. He's too predictable, he just always tries to beat his player and doesn't usually succeed, or tries crappy chips into the box.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
His inconsistency is a real problem, he was fantastic until the past 4-6 weeks actually in which he has been piss poor. If he can iron out his inconsistency he will be a very good player.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Osman is a bit harsh on Palladino. Too harsh probably. But you can't deny that the guy has got a point. As much as I wanted Palladino to shine he had a poor season. He probably had 5-6 weeks in which he performed true to his potential, but that's not enough.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Osman is a bit harsh on Palladino. Too harsh probably. But you can't deny that the guy has got a point. As much as I wanted Palladino to shine he had a poor season. He probably had 5-6 weeks in which he performed true to his potential, but that's not enough.
No one said it's enough. I'm not satisfied with Palladino at all. But you can't deny that it's something when you play out of position and you performe the same way Mancini is performing.

Some of us are exaggerating saying he was awesome and great. Mancini is good when he plays good, nothing more nothing less. He's no Del Piero nor Gerrard nor Ronaldo when he's in his top form. He's a good player and thats all.

I don't see the special thing that Osman sees in him.....and turning the player into a better player than Nedved is hilarious if you ask me.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

True I came off harsh in tone, but IMO my judgement isnt, I believe all of us know the obvious of what I said and agree,just that some of us are too overly optimistic and dont want to acknowledge the obvious. I was only sounding harsh to open the eyes of those who argue against reality and bend it for Palladino's sake. In no shape or form did he have anything remotely close to a good season.

I am interested in knowing when he had 5-6 week period of playing to his potential? If he ever played to his potential in this terrible season for him, then it means he is a very at the most average talent that has no bussiness in playng for a top team.

I have rather good memory, so lets say he performed well by being subbed in and scoring the 4th goal against Reggina in that game Nocerino gave him a Pirlo-esuqe pass. Now the second positive moment I remember of him is the first Napoli game, when he took part in the build up for our only goal, he made a nice flick to Del Piero outside the box, and Del Piero in turn flicked it to Trez. In general he was quite good in this game and was our whole attack (we were bad), this is IMO the only game he impressed convincingly based on his own performance.

Corious, what other moments is there? He generally has been terrible in the wings. And he has played 3 games as striker, 2 of them he was horrible self ( for exampleEmpoli coppa game, TOTALLY useless up with DP), the 3rd one is when he scored that one and only goal when he was subbed in as a striker in that game. 5-6 week period is a long time, I hardly remember him being convincing two games in a row, let alone 6 weeks. We were all positive of Palladino at start in yelling for him to start when Nedved sucked, we were all googly eyed optimists. Then Nedved was benched or injured now and then, and Camo was out for a long period, in which Palla constantly played in. And he was horrible most of the time. To the point he was subbed out in half time now and then.

I should say there is a few games I havent been able to see this season. Very few though, its the Parma game (no stream), 2 or so others who werent broadcasted either.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I live in the glorious Stenhagen. But I'm a true Storvretabo though due to living there all the time until 2 years ago.

I hope to God we dont have the same discussion we are having of Palladino next season but this time talk about Marchiso. Hopefully he breakthroughs and establishes himself instead of fail in 2 seasons time like Palla.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Actually Osman, the one and only good match i remember from Palladino is the match vs Inter in Turin.
Not only that he gets credit for the goal but i believe he was a constant threat on the wings and one of the best RB's in the world, Maicon, had a lot of problems with Palla.
Against Napoli he was solid and that's probably it.
Few more goals came from Palla but all of them from set-pieces when he was taking the corner kick.

That's too little compared to our expectations.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The Inter game...I praised him at first for his initiative, but quickly I noticed he was dancing around Maicon with his weird river dance footwork instead of actually go anywhere. He was highly ineffective, he tried and hold the ball, but whent NOWHERE.

I guess one was more impressed in the Napoli game because he was getting his first shot with the team this season, and he was resonably active and productive, atleast in the sense of not expecting anything from him. In general, these two games, and the goal against Reggina is the only time he has been worthy to be acknowledged by me. And I am a fair guy, I should check my posts in the game threads in XT, must be pretty much all about me saying how bad Palla is being in almost all of them.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Whatever anyone says, it looks as though we will be seeing the end of Iaquinta and the arrival of Mancini in June.

Having rejected a new contract with Roma, Spaletti sounds keen to accept our bid. He will no doubt use the cash wisely.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
They`ve already found like 10 of his possible replacements.

Looks like Roma is going to accept offer from Soros to buy the club so who knows.Maybe he`s going to give him that contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)