Alvaro Morata (44 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Jun 6, 2015
Players on that list with more assists than Morata.

——————

A big zero. Which makes him a pretty good partner for a forward like Ronaldo.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/1...8873/PlayerStatistics/Italy-Serie-A-2020-2021

Also, lol at only including one competition.

Morata has 16 goals - 11 assists in all comps. Hardly trivial, especially when he is costing us very little and we have no obligation to buy him in two years. We have much more pressing needs than upgrading a striker who has produced just fine for us this year, especially considering he isn’t meant to be our main goalscorer. When Ronaldo leaves, that’s when we need to upgrade on Morata. Not this summer. Lol
The one minor criticism I would have towards Morata is that he has been bit of a flat track bully his season. The goals against Lazio are the only ones he has scored against a quality opposition. It's of course also important to score against the Crotone's and Spezia's but would also like to see him score more regularly against the better sides.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The one minor criticism I would have towards Morata is that he has been bit of a flat track bully his season. The goals against Lazio are the only ones he has scored against a quality opposition. It's of course also important to score against the Crotone's and Spezia's but would also like to see him score more regularly against the better sides.
Fair point. His last spell here he mostly scored against top sides. This one it’s somewhat the opposite.

I would argue that this in part because we’ve been badly outplayed by quite a few better sides and don’t create a lot of chances for the forwards. But I’d still like to see him do better too.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
another 10m for alvaro plus 5-6m salary. We would have paid 30m in 2 years for morata when we could maybe buy Moise Kean for 30m
Kean>morata for me anyday.
:lol:

He has 1 more goal and 10 less assists. A forward with zero passing ability is not a good partner for Ronaldo.

I wish we still had him here. Having him as rotation with Alvaro would be great. Would allow us to rest both Alvaro and Ronaldo more. And he could grow into something special over the next couple years for the post-Ronaldo level. But he’d be a terrible partner for Ronaldo up front.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Players that have scored more than the CF of Juve:
Ronaldo
Lukaku
Muriel
Zlatan
Immobile
Lautaro
Joao Pedro
Insigne
Simy
Vlahovic
Belotti
Berardi
Caputo
Zapata
Veretout
Quagliarella
Kessie
Mkhitaryan
Lozano
Destro
Nzola
Soriano
Gosens
Luis Alberto
Politano
Same goals with less minutes:
Caicedo
Mertens
Dzeko
Morata

I think we will renew the loan, but its clear we can improve on him.
this list isn't too fair. as others said, let's not ignore all competitions. i think that virus infection broke his momentum very badly, without that, he'd be much higher on this list too.

the biggest issue with morata is his fluctuating form. he's a moody little snowflake, but when in form, he's a level above most players on that list. considering strikers only, i'd take lukaku and muriel over him, and that's all.

i think that extending his loan for an additional 10m would be a very good and obvious move by juve.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
the main issue here is his facial hair.

he needs to grow a proper well groomed beard and we will see amazing consistency from him.

laugh all you want, but a well groomed beard can increase your confidence by a lot. same with as a fresh hair cut or new clothes.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Why are there rumors about him leaving or us not wanting to continue? He's scored 16 goals this season, top scorer in Champions League and surely isn't why we're not doing well at the moment. Unless we're getting Haaland then I'd be more than happy to keep him.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
So no morata...dybala most likely sold or swapped. Leaves us with ronaldo only in a summer where midfield was meant to be the focus.

Very confused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)