Alvaro Morata (175 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Dont even try and blame Paratici for this move, most here actually supported the move over paying 15 mill for dzeko.
Over Dzeko? Obviously. Dzeko is old as fuck and has 10 goals - 2 assists this season.

Morata has 16 goals - 11 assists.

On a 10mil loan with only 5 mil wages, this has been a fantastic opportunity signing by Tootsie. One of his better moves of that sort. Renewing his loan is a no-brainer for next season, given that sort of production.

And then shipping him back to Madrid in summer 2022 if Atletico wants 35 mil more is also a no brainer if he doesn’t set things on fire next season.

Still a great move to free up funds for more pressing needs like a midfield and a LB.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
"I've never had depression and I hope I never do, but I came close," Morata said in an interview with El Mundo. "I don't believe it is given the importance that it should.

"When your head doesn't work well, you are your worst enemy. During those times, it doesn't matter what you do, you are always fighting against yourself. Depression is an illness just like breaking your ankle."

Morata began seeing a psychologist during his second season at Chelsea and believes he would have been better served by seeking help even sooner.

"Just as we train in the gym or on the pitch to improve our technique and our tactical abilities, I believe the mind is something you also have to train," the 28-year-old said. "You have to be ready and that [seeing a psychologist] helps you a lot.

"Even for my generation, in recent years, it wasn't seen as something normal to see a psychologist - but inevitably, it has to be something normal. Today it is more common and there will be a day when it will be compulsory. There are people that go through difficult times.

"Had I had a professional, close to me during my [first season] at Chelsea, I think it would have gone better for me."
https://www.goal.com/en/news/morata-came-close-to-depression-chelsea/1dxmupzr23tid1p6wwjxs2etj2

We all know he's mentally weak, but hats off on admitting it and glad to know he believes in removing the taboo of seeing a shrink.

As a club, we seriously need one maybe two that talks to the players changes the way they think because I'm certain and it goes without saying that half of our CL problems is as a result of our weak and under pressure mentality. We need guidance and direction to grow a cup champion mentality and there's nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I can't stop liking him as a player regardless of his struggles
:agree:

He’s got a ton of talent, and works his ass off. Just needs to work on consistently being in the right frame of mind to perform, because when he is, he’s a beast. As seen by the money part of the season in his first two spells here, and then the first 4 months of this season. If we renew his loan, which I assume we will, hopefully next year is his best one yet.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Why arent we renewing Morata?
Players that have scored more than the CF of Juve:
Ronaldo
Lukaku
Muriel
Zlatan
Immobile
Lautaro
Joao Pedro
Insigne
Simy
Vlahovic
Belotti
Berardi
Caputo
Zapata
Veretout
Quagliarella
Kessie
Mkhitaryan
Lozano
Destro
Nzola
Soriano
Gosens
Luis Alberto
Politano
Same goals with less minutes:
Caicedo
Mertens
Dzeko
Morata

I think we will renew the loan, but its clear we can improve on him.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
He is never going to be the worlds best..we know that though. As a squad player and a member of that forward group, he really is an ideal option for only 10m loan.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Players that have scored more than the CF of Juve:
Ronaldo
Lukaku
Muriel
Zlatan
Immobile
Lautaro
Joao Pedro
Insigne
Simy
Vlahovic
Belotti
Berardi
Caputo
Zapata
Veretout
Quagliarella
Kessie
Mkhitaryan
Lozano
Destro
Nzola
Soriano
Gosens
Luis Alberto
Politano
Same goals with less minutes:
Caicedo
Mertens
Dzeko
Morata

I think we will renew the loan, but its clear we can improve on him.
Players on that list with more assists than Morata.

——————

A big zero. Which makes him a pretty good partner for a forward like Ronaldo.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/1...8873/PlayerStatistics/Italy-Serie-A-2020-2021

Also, lol at only including one competition.

Morata has 16 goals - 11 assists in all comps. Hardly trivial, especially when he is costing us very little and we have no obligation to buy him in two years. We have much more pressing needs than upgrading a striker who has produced just fine for us this year, especially considering he isn’t meant to be our main goalscorer. When Ronaldo leaves, that’s when we need to upgrade on Morata. Not this summer. Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 174)