Alvaro Morata (85 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
But that can't be it then. We'd have no #9...except for Milik, who should be a backup only.
Don't worry, max is going to figure all out.

- - - Updated - - -

It's probably all about buyout vs another loan... I guess Atleti won't mind extending it, they don't need him anyway.
The problem is that wxtending him means .
10 mil. + 10 gross salary = 20 million/year
Milik with 12 million quoted price + a 4 year contract of 4 million (8 gross )= 44 million in 4 years => 11 million/ year.
We save a few bucks if it happens, but we would get a weaker player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Don't worry, max is going to figure all out.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that wxtending him means .
10 mil. + 10 gross salary = 20 million/year
Milik with 12 million quoted price + a 4 year contract of 4 million (8 gross )= 44 million in 4 years => 11 million/ year.
We save a few bucks if it happens, but we would get a weaker player.
I think Milik is a better player. It's just that I rather see Milik on Ronaldo's place rather than Morata's.

But yeah, if anything, Milik is a nice buy. I still can't believe his figures are so low after his seasons at Napoli.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I think Milik is a better player. It's just that I rather see Milik on Ronaldo's place rather than Morata's.

But yeah, if anything, Milik is a nice buy. I still can't believe his figures are so low after his seasons at Napoli.
I'm not to thrilled if it happens but not because of his qualities. His former injuries make him a questionable buy, if it happens.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Milik is rubbish. He’s a one-dimensional striker who gets about 2-3 assists a year and hasn’t scored more than 20 goals in a season at Napoli.

You talk about Morata being inconsistent but his goals+assists/90 are way better than Milik’s lol. So how exactly is Milik a nice buy?

Milik’s best season at Napoli was 18-19 with 20 goals-4 assists in 3153 minutes in all comps. Goal or assist every 131 minutes.

Morata this season has 16 goals-12 assists in 2322 minutes in all comps. Goal or assist every 83 minutes.

It’s not even close man. Morata is twice the player. Not sure why some of you bitch so much about him and act like he’s not productive on the pitch at all. He has consistency issues, but he’s definitely produced for us this year.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Milik is rubbish. He’s a one-dimensional striker who gets about 2-3 assists a year and hasn’t scored more than 20 goals in a season at Napoli.

You talk about Morata being inconsistent but his goals+assists/90 are way better than Milik’s lol. So how exactly is Milik a nice buy?

Milik’s best season at Napoli was 18-19 with 20 goals-4 assists in 3153 minutes in all comps. Goal or assist every 131 minutes.

Morata this season has 16 goals-12 assists in 2322 minutes in all comps. Goal or assist every 83 minutes.

It’s not even close man. Morata is twice the player. Not sure why some of you bitch so much about him and act like he’s not productive on the pitch at all. He has consistency issues, but he’s definitely produced for us this year.
Another 5 G+A will see him end this season matching Dybala's best season at the club. Sure he could be more consistent, but so could almost everyone not named Ronaldo at this club. We don't have the money to splurge on a striker, we barely have any to buy a good midfielder. Renewing his loan is a no brainer really.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Morata on his bad day is painful to watch and to him it's for at least half a season every time. Plus I think we are looking for a cheap option and rotation for Ronaldo, bench player, he won't surely play on Morata's place. It seems our staff doesn't want to give 10mln on and 10mln for wages for one year loan.

I think you focus on numbers too much while too many factors are in the game. You always mention goals and assists like that only defines players. I remember when Milan signed Nocerino. I always thought he's shit, but Milan fans were wanking over his amount of assists and goals in that season. They said they signed a WC player. Look how that turned out. Not relative here but you always bring up numbers, it's like you only follow those sites about stats and decide who's good based on that.

I never said Morata had a bad season here. I even said I'm surprised we don't want to keep him. But no, I don't think he's a great player nor a consisent one.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Another 5 G+A will see him end this season matching Dybala's best season at the club. Sure he could be more consistent, but so could almost everyone not named Ronaldo at this club. We don't have the money to splurge on a striker, we barely have any to buy a good midfielder. Renewing his loan is a no brainer really.
Unless we are getting a world class striker like Haaland, Kane, Mbappe, Lewandowski, etc... it would be beyond bizarre to send him back and waste funds on a forward of a similar level (Icardi, more one-dimensional and worse fit with Ronaldo) or worse (Milik).

- - - Updated - - -

Morata on his bad day is painful to watch and to him it's for at least half a season every time. Plus I think we are looking for a cheap option and rotation for Ronaldo, bench player, he won't surely play on Morata's place. It seems our staff doesn't want to give 10mln on and 10mln for wages for one year loan.

I think you focus on numbers too much while too many factors are in the game. You always mention goals and assists like that only defines players. I remember when Milan signed Nocerino. I always thought he's shit, but Milan fans were wanking over his amount of assists and goals in that season. They said they signed a WC player. Look how that turned out. Not relative here but you always bring up numbers, it's like you only follow those sites about stats and decide who's good based on that.

I never said Morata had a bad season here. I even said I'm surprised we don't want to keep him. But no, I don't think he's a great player nor a consisent one.
Dude. Goals and assists are literally a center forward’s job. 99% of the bitching about Morata is that he doesn’t produce. That he wastes chances, etc. But he has produced this year, and lots. Until recent weeks he was also one of our hardest working players even when out of scoring form, still ran and pressed hard, still gets himself into good positions and goalscoring opportunities. That’s actually what has disappointed me most about Morata in the past few weeks since Porto loss where he worked his ass off and gave his all even if his finishing let him down there. He’s let his head drop since then and isn’t putting in his usual effort which is super disappointing.

And no, I don’t judge a midfielder based on their goals and assists. It’s a different position, demanding different skills and qualities.

You said Milik is a better player. He’s a CF who scored less, assists way less, creates less... so how exactly is he better?

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Unless we are getting a world class striker like Haaland, Kane, Mbappe, Lewandowski, etc... it would be beyond bizarre to send him back and waste funds on a forward of a similar level (Icardi, more one-dimensional and worse fit with Ronaldo) or worse (Milik).

- - - Updated - - -

Dude. Goals and assists are literally a center forward’s job. 99% of the bitching about Morata is that he doesn’t produce. That he wastes chances, etc. But he has produced this year, and lots. Until recent weeks he was also one of our hardest working players even when out of scoring form, still ran and pressed hard, still gets himself into good positions and goalscoring opportunities. That’s actually what has disappointed me most about Morata in the past few weeks since Porto loss where he worked his ass off and gave his all even if his finishing let him down there. He’s let his head drop since then and isn’t putting in his usual effort which is super disappointing.

And no, I don’t judge a midfielder based on their goals and assists. It’s a different position, demanding different skills and qualities.

You said Milik is a better player. He’s a CF who scored less, assists way less, creates less... so how exactly is he better?
First off check my posts on the previous page.

Simple. When you play for a worse club, you get worse results, players score less and lose more points, esepcially when almost every player can score a goal, which is not the case here. Also, Immobile is a better player? No, he isn't. Belotti is also not a good player imo. But judging by your logic you would being them here instantly because stats are great.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
First off check my posts on the previous page.

Simple. When you play for a worse club, you get worse results, players score less and lose more points, esepcially when almost every player can score a goal, which is not the case here. Also, Immobile is a better player? No, he isn't. Belotti is also not a good player imo. But judging by your logic you would being them here instantly because stats are great.
C’mon dude. That’s not true at all. Tons of strikers score more at smaller clubs where they are the focal point of an attack and then flop at big clubs where they aren’t and have to work with other top attackers. Like Dybala and Morata having to tailor their games to suit Ronaldo here.
Also, Napoli has almost always played more attacking, higher scoring footie than Juve. Milik just isn’t very good. He doesn’t offer anything aside from his goals and he’s never been prolific like say Icardi of years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)