Alvaro Morata (122 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hope Beppe drops €50M on him.His commercial value is too good to ignore.
Already has a massive following on social media and was on the cover of PES last yr as well.Plus he's handsome to boot and he ain't half bad of a footballer .Equaling DP's record of scoring in 5 consecutive CL games is a feat in itself.
I want to believe in that '50% chance'
50m on Morata? Not a 50m striker yet. Maybe in a couple years with some consistency.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
50m on Morata? Not a 50m striker yet. Maybe in a couple years with some consistency.
Rather that amount right now on Morata than using that to buy Berardi and Jesus(who i still think is an unlikely target)

He may not be a 50M striker yet but i'd see him as an investment for the future.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Rather that amount right now on Morata than using that to buy Berardi and Jesus.

He may not be a 50M striker yet but i'd see him as an investment for the future.
Agree with the Underlined but unsure about the bolded. :tup:

He has flashes of brilliance especially in year one. Fewer moments in year 2 and I think its because he didn't know how to respond to the competitive nature of fighting for a spot. Not sure what he thinks is going to happen at Madrid if that's the case.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Agree with the Underlined but unsure about the bolded. :tup:

He has flashes of brilliance especially in year one. Fewer moments in year 2 and I think its because he didn't know how to respond to the competitive nature of fighting for a spot. Not sure what he thinks is going to happen at Madrid if that's the case.
I'd like to see him get a string of starts(which he dint receive last yr) before coming to the conclusion that he cant respond properly to competition.Lets not forget he was used as a LW this yr where Allegri was tinkering with the starting lineup all over the place earlier on which obviously dint help his cause.

Though if he runs away to the EPL this summer,then i'd wholeheartedly agree with your above assessment.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'd like to see him get a string of starts(which he dint receive last yr) before coming to the conclusion that he cant respond properly to competition.Lets not forget he was used as a LW this yr where Allegri was tinkering with the starting lineup all over the place earlier on which obviously dint help his cause.

Though if he runs away to the EPL this summer,then i'd wholeheartedly agree with your above assessment.
Good point about playing him as a LW. :tup:

I've always liked him, don't wanna lose him for sure but I don't think he is irreplaceable.

One of the things I love most about him is how well he can turn a defender and suddenly be at lighting speed. Hard to find that these days.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Good point about playing him as a LW. :tup:

I've always liked him, don't wanna lose him for sure but I don't think he is irreplaceable.

One of the things I love most about him is how well he can turn a defender and suddenly be at lighting speed. Hard to find that these days.
No he's definitely not irreplaceable.

But for our immediate CL aspirations,i'd rather have him over some new arrival(s) who's most likely going to be a downgrade on him albeit initially.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
That just means Real will buy him back regardless and we'd have to negotiate with them for probably a much higher fee if we want to retain him. Those rumors about cancelling the clause surely must be B.S.
Imo it's better this way that Madrid buy him back first for €30m and then Juve figure out if it's worth it to buy him back or get someone else. Rumours of Juve willing to pay €15m~ extra to remove the clause would be the same as Juve willing to sacrifice €45m~ (30+15) to sign Morata. I doubt Juve would do that when we already have 3 other strikers; especially if Juve wants to continue with Zaza and thinks Dybala and Mandzukic are the current 1st choice strikers.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Imo it's better this way that Madrid buy him back first for €30m and then Juve figure out if it's worth it to buy him back or get someone else. Rumours of Juve willing to pay €15m~ extra to remove the clause would be the same as Juve willing to sacrifice €45m~ (30+15) to sign Morata. I doubt Juve would do that when we already have 3 other strikers; especially if Juve wants to continue with Zaza and thinks Dybala and Mandzukic are the current 1st choice strikers.
Well if rumors of Juve wanting to replace Morata with Batshuayi,Lacazette or Cavani for example persist who would all cost us a fee higher than 40M anyway,then it'd probably be better to make a similar level of investment on Morata no ?

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Well if rumors of Juve wanting to replace Morata with Batshuayi,Lacazette or Cavani for example persist who would all cost us a fee higher than 40M anyway,then it'd probably be better to make a similar level of investment on Morata no ?
Martial and Sanches's fees may have completely changed the market expectations; people are now fully aware of the financial strength of EPL's new tv deal. So yeah getting Batshuayi or Lacazette for less would be near to impossible. But the thing is about paying that much for "1st choice" strikers, if Juve pay up I would assume that Juve sees him as a starter since he already played 2 years at the club.

Jul 2, 2006
lemme check

- - - Updated - - -

It says that something on this lines:

"Juventus and the player are obliged to add a rescission clause of 80 million euros in case the player chooses to rescind his contract "ante tempus" (before the contract expires). In case that resolution is executed by the player during the duration of the contract which concedes the buyout right to Real Madrid, Juventus will be obliged to pay 80 million euros cited in the clause to Real Madrid as indemnization."

- - - Updated - - -

There are some interesting tips on that contract. For example..we still havent paid the whole 20 mils to real. We have paid more or less 10 mils to date... other 5 mils will be paid next month.. and the last 5 mils will be paid in 2017

- - - Updated - - -

Madrid can exercise the buyout clause in 2 windows:
from July 1 to july 16, 2016.
The next window to exercise the clause is the same dates but in 2017

- - - Updated - - -

In case that real madrid doesnt exercise the clause in any of those 2 periods..........Juventus and Morata can receive offers from other clubs, BUT, Juventus needs to inmeditely notify real amdrid about that offer, and real amdrid has 72 hours to decide if they will match the offer or not. They ahve priority if they match the offer of the third club involved. After that, the player needs to pass the medicals at real madrid to continue the process it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

Buyout clause:
If the player played 25% of matches the previous season (2015-2016) , without being officialy injured,,Real madrid must pay 20 mils. IN case of 50% games played, 25 mils. In case of 75% or more...30 mils.
Let's just call it a mess.

Fuck this contract, fuck everbody who has a share in this mess.

Apr 29, 2006
He is a one of the poster boys for our new jersey. His likelihood of leaving just took a small dive, lets hope he stays here. I just can't understand what people are blabbering about - he is a gem we must hold even at 50M. I want to see how many goals would Mandzukic get playing as a LW.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Promotion for new jersey means squat. Departing players will be used in any capacity during their contract. The fact is we have zero ability to stop Real if they want him back.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Coman leaving was a late development for August probably. And promotion pics taken in early spring at latest.

But I recall Milan using around 3 players that we're leaving as face of of ads few years ago.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
We don't have many Adidas players in our team. Morata, Pogba, Hernanes might be the only ones. That's why they're in the pic.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't see Morata playing for Real next season. If he leaves, it'll only be to play as a starter.

Something to note: EPL suits him better than Serie A.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Marotta said he wants to keep him and will do what he can. The chance is at least 50/50.

If we really want we can easely keep morata. Just match the highest bidder -30. million. We can do that. No one is going over 70.
Player wants to stay and madrid isnt going to squeeze it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)