Aleksandar Kolarov - Lazio - LB (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Oh, and money can buy you a lot things, but it can't buy you a history of excellence and an unbreakable bond of love, faith and support.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't see how people can get all high and mighty about 'mercenaries' when pretty much all of us would jump at the chance to take the highest paying job we could.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I don't see how people can get all high and mighty about 'mercenaries' when pretty much all of us would jump at the chance to take the highest paying job we could.
Then they should not come out and say they've moved for progession then.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
With average players and coaches no history in the world can make us winners again. Give Siena money and they'll create their own history and become the best bianconeri in Italy.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

that silly phrase "it's all relative" aint so silly here, if you salary is increased 100 fold almost all would jump on it, but if it's negligible and it means leaving a place where you feel home most of us wont.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
that silly phrase "it's all relative" aint so silly here, if you salary is increased 100 fold almost all would jump on it, but if it's negligible and it means leaving a place where you feel home most of us wont.
Clearly, you ain't about to up sticks and move for the sake of an extra fiver a month.

I just love how principled people are when speaking about other people's money.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Clearly, you ain't about to up sticks and move for the sake of an extra fiver a month.

I just love how principled people are when speaking about other people's money.

oh please i have just been promoting the importance of money :D and i am as capitalist as they come, but this is sport and sport is all about passion. Fans are right to call out those deprived of all sense of passion.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Then they should not come out and say they've moved for progession then.
IMO it depends, you could argue that the biggest reason is money but progression is something that can be accomplished too with the movement, depending on the club's ambitions and goals.

Take Ashley Cole moving from Arsenal to Chelsea as an example: At first you would say that he's a "mercenary" and money talks, which is indeed true. But when you have a look at the trophies he's won with Chelsea and the trophies Arsenal has won in the same time span you can say that he also progressed career wise.

If it was a move to Al Ahli or some asian league team, yes it would be entirely for the money, but i fail to see how they won't achieve progression as a part of the move granted they're still playing high level football and have team mates of a similar level of the players in question.

Mar 30, 2006
We should just pay the money for Kolarov and then we wont need to worry about LB for the better part of a decade. He is prob the best LB around atm so it would make alot of sense to get him and just put our problems with LB to bed.

If we dont get Dzeko we should just blow our money on Kolarov.. at least we still have some good Cf's yet we have really shitty LBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)