A Pathetic democracy!!! (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Altair said:
you should stick to the house music thread.
and please stop speaking for me
I don't recall ever speaking for you, and I'll post where I please, thanks. If I weren't on here it would just be a bunch of arabs slagging off the west. Someone has got to stick up for the other side of the debate.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
ReBeL said:
Tom,

I really want to talk to you logically. So, I will talk about the Palestinian issue only because I may not have the whole facts about Iraqi issue because simply I didn't live it...

Now, assume you're a Palestinian father sitting in your house where Israeli helicopters came and gifted some missiles to your kids... What will your reaction be?? You may say that he can use diplomatic ways to solve it, but Israelis don't want to talk to anybody and even today they said that te whole Paletinian authority is isolated...

So, he may go to UN... But he goes on a regular basis there and has a balance of over than 30 decisions that weren't implemented since 60 years, and more than another 15 decisions that were met by American veto...

So, his options are limited now...

He can call his Arab brothers for help... But what if his brothers can't help??

He has nothing but to fight by his own bare hands...

You tell me that he may use a gun...

But using a gun against F16 isn't a satisfying reaction, and he may be captured carrying his gun before reaching his target and then his whole village will be punished severely...

So, he has to use a way that he won't be known for a while in order to avoid punishing his family, and he has to find a solution that makes big harms in the opponent's side...

So, he doesn't have anything but his flesh, and so, he goes to the closest camp and bomb himself in order to make the lives of his relatives better after he couldn't do anything to protect his own kids...

That's it, mate...
A valiant effort, but blowing yourself up can never be justified imo, you've got to have some sort of problem to even consider it. People are murdered all over the world, race hate crimes happen all the time in the UK - can't think of one time where the victim's dad has blown himself up as a revenge thing.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
hambon said:
well obvioulsly the media your tuned into is not really that high in factual detail.....since you still think arabs just want to kill any organism alive for the sake of allah.......come on now ...give me a friggin break...

they are not like that.....islam is a peacfull religion and condone's all acts of violence..... Islam the word means "to make Peace" look into it...and get your facts straight....

again and this time for real....goodnight...
Its VERY high in fact, I'd wager much more so than your own in any case. Yes, I do happen to believe that arabs (not all, but more than you are willing to concede) are willing to blow themselves up in the name of allah.

People go on about how its a peaceful religion but there's only so many times thats going to wash. Its the ONLY religion where this happens, the minute anyone criticises the religion and you're all up in arms demanding sacrifices!

If you ask me the world would be a much much btter place without Islam, terrorism would be virtually annulled and people might just be able to get along. Its ridiculous really how a load of teachings with no grounding in reality can inspire such hatred and stupidity. Thats life I guess

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Tom said:
Its VERY high in fact, I'd wager much more so than your own in any case. Yes, I do happen to believe that arabs (not all, but more than you are willing to concede) are willing to blow themselves up in the name of allah.

People go on about how its a peaceful religion but there's only so many times thats going to wash. Its the ONLY religion where this happens, the minute anyone criticises the religion and you're all up in arms demanding sacrifices!

If you ask me the world would be a much much btter place without Islam, terrorism would be virtually annulled and people might just be able to get along. Its ridiculous really how a load of teachings with no grounding in reality can inspire such hatred and stupidity. Thats life I guess
I don't think it's that religion specifically Tom. Five hundred years ago, heck two hundred years ago, you could have made the same case about Christianity's effect on Europe. The problem is deeper than religion. It's down to people who are poor and pissed off turning to the only outlet available to them, and certain people being willing to manipulate them.

Put it this way: "Thou shalt not kill" didn't save people from the Spanish Inquisition, or the crusades, or the witch hunts, yet all of those things were done in the name of Christianity.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #65
    mikhail said:
    I don't think it's that religion specifically Tom. Five hundred years ago, heck two hundred years ago, you could have made the same case about Christianity's effect on Europe. The problem is deeper than religion. It's down to people who are poor and pissed off turning to the only outlet available to them, and certain people being willing to manipulate them.

Put it this way: "Thou shalt not kill" didn't save people from the Spanish Inquisition, or the crusades, or the witch hunts, yet all of those things were done in the name of Christianity.
    I totally agree...

About the Arabs, I tell you that frustration is their first motivation and not the religion...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    mikhail said:

That is true. Also I'd like to remind people the majority of Muslims live in Indonesia, not the Middle-East so the generalisation Arab=Muslim or vice versa simply doesn't go.

What's fascinating to witness is the different interpretations of Islam found in Indonesia. I wish I had the time to research more into that...

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    mikhail said:
    two hundred??? how about IRA, ETA, abortion clinic bombings? And I wonder what you'd say about a little something called the Bosnian ethnic cleansing.
    Wake up Europe, you have ways to go before holding the mightier than thou attitude...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Altair said:
    two hundred??? how about IRA, ETA, abortion clinic bombings? And I wonder what you'd say about a little something called the Bosnian ethnic cleansing.
    Wake up Europe, you have ways to go before holding the mightier than thou attitude...
    ETA, the Balkan wars and even the IRA have little to do with religion. Religion might be an aspect those cases but was never the driving force. The IRA's main goal is the unification of the Irish island as I recall. ETA wishes to establish their own state and the Balkan wars were mostly about ethnicity and independence.

But I agree the 'mightier than thou attitude' displayed by some Europeans makes little sense.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Altair said:
    again lemme highlight it for you, and again my question since when do you speak for me?
    oh for heavens sake.. anyone with half a brain can tell that I'm not speaking for all westerners, just offering a personalised western viewpoint on things

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Holdon said:
    Blair's Broadcasting Corperation are anything but unbiased Tom.
    so they hate the tories, big deal thats hardly relevant when we're talking about the middle east. The BBC is hardly one sided on those stories. Otherwise they wouldn't report the alleged brutalities by British soliders, you wouldn't have the regular slot on newsnight "baghdad blogger" etc..

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    mikhail said:

Yes, you're right. I know all about the crusades etc, and its true they were done in the name of god which is very much akin to whats happening now. The difference being that its a current problem. Christians have for the most part grown up, practise their faith with little fuss and certainly don't react violently to any criticisms directed their way.

This is a current problem, and as far as I'm aware only one religion has this problem.

I mean its one thing being poor and pissed off but blowing yourself up? Its utter madness, you'd have to be a certain sort of person to ever get brainwashed into believing all that jihad nonsense, you cannot just be a victim of circumstance.

At the end of the day the world would surely be a much better place without religion, can't think of a single positive thing its given this world, and so many negatives.

Sep 14, 2003
    Tom said:
    so they hate the tories, big deal thats hardly relevant when we're talking about the middle east. The BBC is hardly one sided on those stories. Otherwise they wouldn't report the alleged brutalities by British soliders, you wouldn't have the regular slot on newsnight "baghdad blogger" etc..

I don't wish to be critical of your arguements here, as I agree with some of them. Rather, I warn you not to necessarly believe what that channel's news programs tell you is fact.

Carry on, I will say no more in this thread, but I am finding it very interesting.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Holdon said:
    I don't wish to be critical of your arguements here, as I agree with some of them. Rather, I warn you not to necessarly believe what that channel's news programs tell you is fact.
    Yes, alright but I'm hardly going to be stupid enough to do that. I tend to have the opposite opinion to the majority on most issues so believing what the media says ain't on the itinerary!!

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #79
    Tom said:
    I mean its one thing being poor and pissed off but blowing yourself up? Its utter madness, you'd have to be a certain sort of person to ever get brainwashed into believing all that jihad nonsense, you cannot just be a victim of circumstance.
    Well, after I told you the reasons that forces the person to blow himself up, you come back to say these words!!!

:disagree: :disagree:

un altro alex

Jan 15, 2006
    the media can and does tend to exaggerate or diminish facts in order to suit their aims more adequately. however, I doubt their ability to completely make up facts out of the blue, as this would not be accepted. so, I don't think anyone can deny that a figment of reality does exist in the Western newspapers, regardless the issue and the country's personal involvement in it. Moreover, often newspapers have contradicting views about such subjects.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)