A couple things about reps (1 Viewer)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
i got positve rep and just to prove my point. im going to disable it. i dont need it and neither does anyone else.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Fo shizzle...that should be our anti racism stance...we will be against judging other with useless...reps....

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
I know I am posting here less because of it( I know, I know--that's a good thing, Lou )---not because I much care what my rep is, but to be given negative rep based on my faith is kind of a bummer.

I think it serves no useful purpose, TBH. The top rep holder is Greg--which is certainly no surprise as he is a great guy.

After the top spot, and maybe the bottom, who cares, really? It serves to do nothing but generate bad feelings among the membership---and for what?

I love this place, as you all know. I owe all of you (yes Seven, etc included) a HUGE debt of gratitude for helping me to really learn the beautiful game, now that I can finally watch matches, instead of just reading about them, as I was forced to do for years.

I suggest we eliminate it....or maybe make participation voluntary.

My thanks to all of you for listening. :)

OP
Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #89
    Since being able to know who has repped us wont be done, I encourage everyone to put their names in the comment box when repping someone

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Damn guys,you taking these way too seriously,If someone gives you neg Rep,and your are pissed,just send me back one if that will chill you :confused:

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    But if it isn't "serious", then what is the point? Let me explain.

You have a bunch of positive reps. The positive ones are the "norm", so to speak.
    So a negative rep kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth. And for what? It's a forum, for gosh sakes.

I believe that a poster that shows everyone respect (an occasional bad day will happen, of course....as it has to you and me, file mou ) can be "rep'd" by the mutual respect, and yes, kindness, that he/she is shown here.

We are all brothers and sisters in Juventus (not to mention, I would argue, even more important metaphysical levels). Our mutual love for Juve is what should animate this site. :)

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Don't feel it's just you. I got a negative rep today for a post I added to a thread that was already closed by another mod. In it, I thanked Andy for pointing out to the mods that it was a duplicate thread and I added a link to the other thread.

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?p=901764#post901764

It's not sensical. So don't sweat it, really... :cool:

If you want to look on the bright side of all of this, there's also a movement of folks who give out nothing but positive rep (I for one). And some of them do so, in part, to help counter-balance the negative overkill.

Jan 7, 2004
    actually it should make you feel better. some moron gave me negative rep for a joke i made some weeks ago.

i m just curious to know who bothered so that i can tell him in the face how stupid this is

OP
    Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #98
    Don Bes said:
    actually it should make you feel better. some moron gave me negative rep for a joke i made some weeks ago.

i m just curious to know who bothered so that i can tell him in the face how stupid this is

Thats why we should be able to know who's repped us! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)