A couple things about reps (3 Viewers)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Dear Marty,

After some users have received a lot of nonsense negative rep, I think that a way to fix this is that every user should be able to see who's given them good/bad rep. That way users will think twice when giving out (bad) reps.
Also, we should be able to see every rep we've received, not just the last five.

Please take this into consideration
Thanks

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Dear Marty

just like Josh and Fab said,I have a better Idea,we remove that option so everybody goes back to their life,and we all are cool.

from Snoop

with love

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
why dont we just ignore it all together, who cares if you have 3 red blocks? just stop talking about it

OP
Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Sir Sebastian said:
    why dont we just ignore it all together, who cares if you have 3 red blocks? just stop talking about it

Im curious as to who has repped me. Thats all. Its not gonna affect anyone's life if that option is implanted

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    im not saying your idea or your case is bad, jsut people making threads askin for rep in exchange for say, eail addresses, is stupid as hell

OP
    Dragon

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    Sir Sebastian said:
    im not saying your idea or your case is bad, jsut people making threads askin for rep in exchange for say, eail addresses, is stupid as hell
    Yeah I agree with that

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Sir Sebastian said:
    the thread I opened was sarcasm

the problem is I don't like to use smillies when I do that,so they take it seriously

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    This is pretty much what i said would happen the otherday... (a post i got negged for btw)...

And everyone is guilty, we have people running around handing out pos rep like candy for no reason and we have neg reps put out for no reason as well... wheres the difference... Both are missusing the sytem...

Ive had i think 10 neg reps... Not one of them for anything that was either a good or bad post, all jus parts of conversations... funnily, the post where i called someone a c**t and expected a neg... I didnt get one...

I've also had pos reps for no reason...
    Ive given pos reps for no reason, and i admiit ive hit the neg button on a couple of occasions, once cause i genuinely didnt like the post, once cause i thought i'd try it, etc

Everyone is abusing the sytem whether with pos or neg...

Should the repper be shown... I dont think so, its quite a good system in that a person can neg rep something they dont like without having to get into a 4 page argument and they pos rep someone without sucking up to people in threads

What needs to be looked at is the way its applied...

As i said the other day, I think if a person is to get rep points, several members should have to rep the same post, not jus one person...
    So if several people like a post it will be recognised and if several people dont like a post, that will be shown as well...

If people know who repped them, chances are they will give the same back jus for the sake of it and if negged they will probably ask why and get into the argument that was avoided by using the rep button in the first place

jmo

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I agree Fabi, good thread.

I just received five negative reps in the span of about 24 hours, one for starting the NHL thread, one stating that Ibrahimovic is not a Juventus legend yet, and the rest for just usual conversation posts. I would to see who actually gave those negreps to me because I have a feeling I'm not the only one who has been abused by them.

I also think neg reps should include a reason, not just leave it blank and ambiguous.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    Layce Erayce said:
    Another thing about reps: People should stop TRYING to get good rep.

Its normal, its natural.

Exactly. Its not like you're gonna win a Nobel prize for reputation points. Just remove the reputation option.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Paul you bastard, did you give me negative rep for spelling selespeed wrong??? :D

Seriously tho, who gives a rat's ass about this? I coulndt care less.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    Zlatan said:
    Paul you bastard, did you give me negative rep for spelling selespeed wrong??? :D

Seriously tho, who gives a rat's ass about this? I coulndt care less.
    I wish i had... that would have amused me... sadly it was not me...

Jan 7, 2004
    Shadowfax said:
    Should the repper be shown... I dont think so, its quite a good system in that a person can neg rep something they dont like without having to get into a 4 page argument and they pos rep someone without sucking up to people in threads

What needs to be looked at is the way its applied...

As i said the other day, I think if a person is to get rep points, several members should have to rep the same post, not jus one person...
    So if several people like a post it will be recognised and if several people dont like a post, that will be shown as well...

If people know who repped them, chances are they will give the same back jus for the sake of it and if negged they will probably ask why and get into the argument that was avoided by using the rep button in the first place

jmo

great idea s'fax. we will put that right up there with communism and charity ;)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    RochemBeck said:
    I agree Fabi, good thread.

I just received five negative reps in the span of about 24 hours, one for starting the NHL thread, one stating that Ibrahimovic is not a Juventus legend yet, and the rest for just usual conversation posts. I would to see who actually gave those negreps to me because I have a feeling I'm not the only one who has been abused by them.

I also think neg reps should include a reason, not just leave it blank and ambiguous.
    I also got negative rep for a post in the Zlatan thread which wasn't offensive at all. Something about Zlatan's goal tally IIRC.

Have to admit I'm not a big fan of the rep system. I hardly ever use it myself. Three or four times have I given rep and that's pretty much it.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    Modo Bianconero said:
    umm maybe i missed the whole rep thing .. but what are reps .. how do i check my reps and how do i add for someone ?!?!?
    green lights in your username column.

see everything in User CP.

add rep button on every post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)