Zlatan Ibrahimovic (6 Viewers)

Ibra to Juve again, yes or no?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I get what you mean. Its more mellow insult and not as strong as it used to be back then (but still xenophobic). But lets speak in general and not this case specific, as I havent been so far anyway, very demeaning rhetorics and insults being accepted leads to eventually people seeing that group of people as less then human (thats why I really detest the notion "its just words"). And when that happens, its free fall to kill them as you see fit. I mean, we dont have to go far back in history to find notions such as (even to the point its unofficial law): "whosoever kills a Gypsy, will be guilty of no murder." And that was fucking true for a very very long time.

Why does people eventually think fucked up shit like that? Because too many idiots has reasoned its "ok" to insult them and eventually in the long rung leads to thinking they ar lesser humans, and it naturally escalates from there to the stages of direct actions like deporting them, branding them, mutiliating them, sterilizing them (this one happend as soon as few years ago, forcefully sterilized, NO ONE cared that it happend to them) and as its ignored too much throughout history, massmurdering them in gigantic proportions (only difference between the Jewish holocaust and the Gypsies in WWII, is no one cared to not only count them all, but be outraged enough to care to report it, historians has completely ignored it). Just saying, just not the most recent behaviourism towards them, and what it leads to, but in general outright systematic ethnic insults that are accepted, who deem them as lesser humans, should not be underestimated IMO. Because it has bred and nurished one of the most darker of acts of human history, how the majority of people absolutely abhorringly treat a minority of people.

This isnt really specific to the Zlatan insult at all, but just to actually think its cool to spout racist crap, in whatever degree, its screwed up (regardless of the low lifestyle of that ethnic group). And I yeah, the real issue is Zlatan isnt even a zingaro, but the fact is how pathetic isnt, in however degree, a group of people is used as the benchmark for a demeaning insult (not direct, but the fact is they are used as insult because they are thought of as lower then lowest of humans, to the point being deemed subhuman), you arent just insulting a stupid player, but a whole group of people. There is no way to justify that regardless of the negative stereotypes they uphold.

I mean, this mod actually tried to justify this ethnic insult by saying they arent an ethnic group, and they are spread out around the world, like even if it was true (the first claim...haha), that it would make it ok to constantly say constant bigoted crap abou them. He says he lives in Romania, well him thinking its totally ok to be xenophobic about gypsies is not too suprising then, considering how they treat them in Romania.
It's not as clearcut as you make it out be. Zingaro has been used as an insult for as long as I can remember. A lot of that has got to do with how zingari behave. I think that, in some cases, it's very subtle. For example, I could be badly dressed and someone could call me a zingaro, even though he doesn't think zingari are subhuman. It's just because in popular culture one likes to think zingari dress badly. That said I think it's completely wrong in this particular case. Calling Zlatan a zingaro is a downright racist and xenophobic insult, but it's not so much the word, it's the context (especially the Italian context).

Bürkε;1769871 said:
You throw around ethnic slurs and shit without remorse, and you argue that being hated against because you are American is somewhere similar to being a Gypsy, and it's not close at all.
It's not the same, but there are similarities. In all fairness I don't see what this can possibly add to the discussion. It's not important whether it carries the same weight or not.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Really weak deflective tactic you have opted for Andy. You are the one who said they are SAME, and compared them to be exact, thats what I am arguing against. Whats next, anti-americanism is EXACTLY like anti-semitism?

Just because you cant argue for your case whatsoever, doesnt mean I should do it for you word for word, what do you want? That I argue MY point of view and YOURS at the same friggin time?;) Argue with myself? :D.

Saying both are insults (well duh), hence carry the same weight, doesnt cut it at all. Extremely weak if you just state then but then run away when asked how or why. If its really the best you can do, why you are keep repeating yourself?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Really weak tactic you have opted for. You are the one who said they are SAME, and compared them to be exact, thats what I am arguing against. Whats next, anti-americanism is EXACTLY like anti-semitism?

Just because you cant argue for your case whatsoever, doesnt mean I should do it for you word for word, what do you want? That I argue MY point of view and YOURS at the same friggin time? ;).

Saying both are insults, hence exactly the same, doesnt cut it at all. Extremely weak. Its really the best you can do, why you are keep repeating yourself?
They are essentially the same thing though. They're the same in terms of why they exist. Debating which one is worse is just a waste of time. My point is that they're very similar, yet you only seem to care when the worse version is said.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Take it your way, I don't really care how you think... you think I'm a racist? Be my guest. It's not like I'm not sleeping at night wondering how/what you think of me.
You shouldn't call Zlatan a zingaro though. It really is a racist insult and I think you should refrain from using it. But it's your call.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
You shouldn't call Zlatan a zingaro though. It really is a racist insult and I think you should refrain from using it. But it's your call.
Yesterday I was just saying that I might stop calling him Zingaro just so Alen doesn't feel offended. And because I understand him and I respected the point he was trying to say/make. If I was a racist I wouldn't have really cared.

What some dickarms around here can't get is that, their definitions of Gypsies is different than my definition and other ppl's definition. You got this Dominc, god knows what experience he has in this life and If he has ever talked to a Gypsy or even knows what a Gypsy is.... he calls me a racist. what an arrogant prick.

You got Osman the retard, begging some of my fellow Mods and probably sending them PM's 24/7 wondering how is it normal to call Zlatan a Zingaro. And making big drama out of it.

Like I said, when I call Zlatan Zingaro, I'm not making any racist remarks/comments, I'm not pointing at Yugoslavia or Nicaragua. Calling someone Gypsy is not an insult but like I said I'm welling to stop for the reasons I gave up there and not because of the retarded Osman or any of Zlatan fans.

Each one is free to believe what Gypsy refers too.

Also, anyone calling me a racist can go fuck himself. Simple as that. You might want to excuse my language too, but calling someone a Racist isn't really that polite either.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Yesterday I was just saying that I might stop calling him Zingaro just so Alen doesn't feel offended. And because I understand him and I respected the point he was trying to say/make. If I was a racist I wouldn't have really cared.

What some dickarms around here can't get is that, their definitions of Gypsies is different than my definition and other ppl's definition. You got this Dominc, god knows what experience he has in this life and If he has ever talked to a Gypsy or even knows what a Gypsy is.... he calls me a racist. what an arrogant prick.

You got Osman the retard, begging some of my fellow Mods and probably sending them PM's 24/7 wondering how is it normal to call Zlatan a Zingaro. And making big drama out of it.

Like I said, when I call Zlatan Zingaro, I'm not making any racist remarks/comments, I'm not pointing at Yugoslavia or Nicaragua. Calling someone Gypsy is not an insult but like I said I'm welling to stop for the reasons I gave up there and not because of the retarded Osman or any of Zlatan fans.

Each one is free to believe what Gypsy refers too.

Also, anyone calling me a racist can go fuck himself. Simple as that. You might want to excuse my language too, but calling someone a Racist isn't really that polite either.
And I am entirely free to believe what Lebanese refers to. If I say it's a synonym to Chinese, I would look very stupid. Just the way you are looking right now.

Just keep digging, attention-whore. There have been numerous great arguments in this thread from many posters on why it is offensive to call Zlatan a gypsie, but you just managed to ignore all of them completely. Never respond, just keep being a stubborn bigot.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
There is a very simple question that can be asked: If it is SO OK to say something like zingaro, why were we, Juventus the club, fined for racism chants for saying exactly that? Hmm?

Should I look out for pigs flying whle waiting for your logical response to this? You wont just ignore the question like everything else right? If its not "racist" to say it, why was the biggiest club in Italy fined for exacly that?

Is there some convenient way you can justify this, that sounds clever in your little head? I mean, we wouldnt want to be robbed of gems like "gypsies arent a group of people, they are spread around the world, you see...". And now the latest, "each is free to think what gypsy refers to"? :D

How swell, I henceforth join you in the zingaro chanting camp, because in my definition from now on, gypsy means annoying little norwegian truckdriving idiots I stumbled upon too often nowadays in diners. The fucking idiots are unbearable. Zingaros!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There is a very simple question that can be asked: If it is SO OK to say something like zingaro, why were we, Juventus the club, fined for racism chants for saying exactly that? Hmm?
One can easily make an argument against that point, too. Politics and law in Italy is corrupt, so just like our punishment for supposed crimes we did not commit in Calciopoli, we could have been given a BS penalty just for the sake of it.

I'm not saying I agree with that stance, but you never know about some of these rulings.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pointless post because that would be a useless argument (Just because some things are corrupt, doesnt make EVERY ruling invalid due to being corrupt by
2association"). Italy isnt exactly one of the countries in western Europe who has the strictest policy on tolerance (Denmark being another similarily lovely country). You better believe that when they bother to give fines on racism charges, that its for real about a xenophobic chanting.

And like it would fly if it was totally bogus. Like the myriad of lawyers the club has is just for show, that they would take PR disaster punitive measures just for the heck of it.

Apr 12, 2004
And I am entirely free to believe what Lebanese refers to. If I say it's a synonym to Chinese, I would look very stupid. Just the way you are looking right now.

Just keep digging, attention-whore. There have been numerous great arguments in this thread from many posters on why it is offensive to call Zlatan a gypsie, but you just managed to ignore all of them completely. Never respond, just keep being a stubborn bigot.
Have to agree with that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Meh, maybe you're right, but I don't see what the big deal is. All this idiocy just because of a damn word. Perhaps if people didn't take stuff so seriously we would have less violence in the world.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Meh, maybe you're right, but I don't see what the big deal is. All this idiocy just because of a damn word. Perhaps if people didn't take stuff so seriously we would have less violence in the world.

Or more likely, if racist and xenophobic words are accepted and allowed to escalate&breed more and more hatred, that exactly in itself is more likely to lead to more violence.

The history books show exactly that, that "just words" lead to the advanced stages of violent actions if those words are in the nature of being strongly hateful ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)