Ibra to Juve again, yes or no?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Bürkε;1769871 said:
You throw around ethnic slurs and shit without remorse, and you argue that being hated against because you are American is somewhere similar to being a Gypsy, and it's not close at all.
Horse crap. Both words are one in the same. They're both derogatory.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Bürkε;1769871 said:
You throw around ethnic slurs and shit without remorse, and you argue that being hated against because you are American is somewhere similar to being a Gypsy, and it's not close at all.
That's pretty much the core of the issue.

Way to go, Burke. :tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Okay, so who is included in the "gypsy" race?

Andries is spot on with his post, check that out.
You are so devoid of valid arguments (only thing you could offer, as you now showed with Burke too, is "they are both the same") that you are succumbing to vaguely referring to others posts? Its bit desperate, to say the least.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You have no concept of the importance of language or it's historical significance. Words carry weight for those that use and recieve them, you can not rebrand them for your convinience.
I'm not arguing for using the word.

You are so devoid of valid arguments (only thing you could offer, as you now showed with Burke too, is "they are both the same") that you are succumbing to vaguely referring to others posts? Its bit desperate, to say the least.
I don't know what you're trying to get at either. It's not like I'm arguing for people to use the word in question. But what I don't understand is why people are making a big deal about this word when others are used in a similar context to provoke or insult. Sure, there are varying degrees to what various slurs mean, but they're all derogatory. Why is this one different from others people let fly?

Sep 1, 2002
I'm not arguing for using the word.

I don't know what you're trying to get at either. It's not like I'm arguing for people to use the word in question. But what I don't understand is why people are making a big deal about this word when others are used in a similar context to provoke or insult. Sure, there are varying degrees to what various slurs mean, but they're all derogatory. Why is this one different from others people let fly?
Sorry I did miss one, "Da!"

I await an argument.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Indeed, I fail to see an argument for how being hated for being american is exactly the same as being so for Gypsies. Lots of little words, but not a single argument for that little comparison of yours.

Dont worry, not really expecting one.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Indeed, I fail to see an argument for how being hated for being american is exactly the same as being so for Gypsies. Lots of little words, but not a single argument for that little comparison of yours.

Dont worry, not really expecting one.
So what is the difference then Osman?

This is why I don't really care if someone uses the word. What you're doing is practically allowing hypocrisy to roam free. What you should be saying is discrimination against any people is wrong, but no, you are not doing that. You're dipping your toes into semantics that I don't have time for. Just because one group has been much more maligned than the other doesn't mean it's right to condone prejudice against either.

But what do I know. Let all the words you want fly and speak out only against some. I don't really care.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nice try to deflect, but I specified clearly how different the use of these two cases are in earlier posts (its not semantics to say they are ENTIRELY different ballparks), the same posts failed to come with counter arguments to. You are the one saying anti-ziganism and anti-americanism is exactly the same. While you havent said a single argument for why that would be the case, instead you just repeat your nonsaying platitudes like in the above post. I

t would be mighty swell if you could actually come even close to backing up your little comparison. You dont have time for semantics you say, I mean, its bit too obvious why you are calling it semantics, you are just avoiding to come arguments for the comparison. Its not semantics to point out the differences between anti-ziganism and anti-americanism. And the differences are so wide apart its silly.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Nice try to deflect, but I specified clearly how different the use of these two cases are in earlier posts (its not semantics to say they are ENTIRELY different ballparks), the same posts failed to come with counter arguments to. You are the one saying anti-ziganism and anti-americanism is exactly the same. While you havent said a single argument for why that would be the case, instead you just repeat your nonsaying platitudes like in the above post. I

t would be mighty swell if you could actually come even close to backing up your little comparison. You dont have time for semantics you say, I mean, its bit too obvious why you are calling it semantics, you are just avoiding to come arguments for the comparison. Its not semantics to point out the differences between anti-ziganism and anti-americanism. And the differences are so wide apart its silly.
Both are used as insults, both indirectly are the bi-product of hate, both can spur on violence. Why are you trying to deny this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)