Zlatan Ibrahimovic (7 Viewers)

Ibra to Juve again, yes or no?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
because in my definition from now on, gypsy means annoying little norwegian truckdriving idiots I stumbled upon too often nowadays in diners. The fucking idiots are unbearable. Zingaros!!
In my definition a gypsy means an American. Burke, you're a Zingaro.
In another definition a gypsy is someone who study or studied history. Dom, Osman, Seven....you're sooo Zingaros. Hey, i'm the biggest zingaro.
In the third definition a gypsy is someone who lives in Ireland, Indonesia, Alaska and says that he lives just outside Turin. Hey, half of the forum are zingari !!

Seriously, you must take the environment into consideration if you want to judge Rab or anyone else. If i'm not wrong Rab lived in the last years in Romania and if you know how do the Romanians treat the zigani, the "surrogate folk" that give their country a bad name, you'll understand Rab. Maybe you won't justify his opinion, but you'll understand him.
As a historian you may know how did everything start over there and what's the current situation.
http://www.signandsight.com/features/1624.html ( interesting article)

I spent a big part of my childhood in Macedonia, in a town with lots of gypsies. I met the lowest caste and i met lots of rich gypsies. I've traveled to many other places where a big number of gypsies live. By default, the people who live alongside the gypsies share the same opinion about them no matter if they talk about a gypsy millionaire or someone who eats from the garbage. You could call them xenophobic or racist but it's the environment that made them like that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
"Gypsies are persons of nomadic habit of life whatever their race or origin."

- English Law
Ha ha ha ha!

What magnificiently senseless and vague definition, bureaucracy at its best.

Just because the letter of the law lables it so, doesn't make it any less convenient nonsense that just want to categorize as they see the easiest (reminds me of the racial categories of the US. Spanish people are deemed non-Caucasian "Hispanics" :D Due to their culture and language).

So if you move to England this very moment, and starts living aimlessly as a vagabond nomad, you would see yourself as gypsy? (And a gypsy who lives in a house is suddenly not a gypsy? :D) Because the "law" says so?

Somehow they taken the very general meaning of nomads, to mean gypsies. I mean, BIG BIG parts of africa is filled with nomadic people. Does that make them gypsies, hehe.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ha ha ha ha!

What magnificiently senseless and vague definition, bureaucracy at its best.

Just because the letter of the law lables it so, doesn't make it any less convenient nonsense that just want to categorize as they see the easiest (reminds me of the racial categories of the US. Spanish people are deemed non-Caucasian "Hispanics" :D Due to their culture and language).

So if you move to England this very moment, and starts living aimlessly as a vagabond nomad, you would see yourself as gypsy? (And a gypsy who lives in a house is suddenly not a gypsy? :D) Because the "law" says so?

Somehow they taken the very general meaning of nomads, to mean gypsies. I mean, BIG BIG parts of africa is filled with nomadic people. Does that make them gypsies, hehe.
:lol2:

Man, that's a good one. I thought I'd throw the English law definition out there for you, considering you used the law of the land in Italy to prove a point. It's a nice discussion. :D

But seriously, I don't consider gypsy to be a racial slur. It really does depend on the context in how one uses the word and who uses the word. Never have I seen such sheer outrage in it's usage than I have in this thread.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That wasn't the legal definition but Andy's point is still valid.

Legal definition of Gypsies and Travellers and context

Race Relations Case Law recognises English Romany Gypsies, and Irish Travellers as ethnic minorities. These do not include New Age Travellers.
-----------------------------------------------------
Planning guidance definition

The planning guidance definition is different to the legal definition of Gypsies and Travellers, and is used for planning purposes:

* "gypsies and travellers" means:
Persons of nomadic habit of life whatever their race or origin, including such persons who on grounds only of their own or their family's or dependants' educational or health needs or old age have ceased to travel temporarily or permanently, but excluding members of an organised group of travelling show people or circus people travelling together as such.

Note the use of lower case 'g' and 't' for gypsies and travellers. In this definition it refers to a wider group than just those who belong to the ethnic groups mentioned in the legal definition.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Meaning that, if I were to start my own nation, I could implement my own law regarding the definition of various words. I suppose I'd write in my constitution, "Religious People are freaks who destroy the world, and any use of the word religion will result in fines or potential eternal damnation through the death penalty." Therefore, in my country, anybody who uses the word religion will either be fined or killed.

Hey, the law is the law afterall.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Just keep digging, attention-whore. There have been numerous great arguments in this thread from many posters on why it is offensive to call Zlatan a gypsie, but you just managed to ignore all of them completely. Never respond, just keep being a stubborn bigot.
Maybe because I have answered the same questions for several times, and I don't feel like repeating them again?

Maybe because you also don't understand from the first post??

Or maybe because you're a donkey after-all trying to play on a Piano?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Meaning that, if I were to start my own nation, I could implement my own law regarding the definition of various words. I suppose I'd write in my constitution, "Religious People are freaks who destroy the world, and any use of the word religion will result in fines or potential eternal damnation through the death penalty." Therefore, in my country, anybody who uses the word religion will either be fined or killed.

Hey, the law is the law afterall.
You could do that but if Marx and Engels were alive they'd have accused you of plagiarism. :p

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What is our nationality going to be ?
Are we going to be called Zingari di merda ?
God damn Alen, you're smart. Spot on.

This way, once we're all rich and famous, people will hate us even more. Other nations will find it absurd a nation full of Zingari now has more wealth than they do, thus wanting to become Zingari themselves. That way, in a seemingly absurd/weird ploy for justice, we turn Zingaro into a compliment.

And then maybe we could launch nukes over to Milan and blow them all up.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Interesting way to put that. Just like how the Germans laughed placing the fanzone at the Euros right in front of the bank they were routing the money to, seeing it broadcasted on TV their wonderful plan, sticking it to everybody who thinks the Euros were clean, we order our country's animal to be the weasel. So not only did others get owned by Zingari, they also got owned by weasels. Pure genius.

Sep 1, 2002
If it is all just a word, why then bother to discuss within these threads?

At various pints we have had it suggested that gypsys: do not exist, do exist but are too wide spread and diverse to be consider a race, have themselves to blame (by implication they dress badly and are all thieving bastards), are hated and deservidly so, are just the same as Americans in that they are both disliked.

We should also be nice to those who use derogative language because we haven't been through what they have. Ah, I could cry for them.

Racists, bigoted, xenaphobics the lot of them.

Hey, these are only words and you don't know what "I" mean.
Ipso facto we are all free to call each other anything we choose to with immunity of
sanction.

I love you all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)