Zlatan - Best in Italy (3 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
@TonyMontana:

1) A lot of people in Italy support Juve, and thus it's more than likely a lot of those reporters support Juve as well.

2) Tifosi who cheer for Juve are likely to overrate Zlatan, simply because he's Juve's. Calling Zlatan a better player than Totti for example is a joke.
Remember this principle: Toni is great when playing for Fiorentina, but huge when playing for Juve.

3) Embracing Zlatan as the Serie A's best makes Serie A look more like a spectacular competition, which is a good market move. We all know Zlatan pulls a fancy trick every once in a while and that's what gives him the oppurtunity to make Serie A look nice.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Seven said:
What's most annoying though is that Zlatan has only played a few alright games thus far. He was worthless in the beginning of the season but apparently most people here forgot that. I even read someone saying he'd give Zlatan an assist for that "pass" to Trezeguet on sunday. I mean HUH?
I believe that you are referring to my match report Seven. Quite frankly I see it that Zlatan meant to pass the ball to Trezeguet, true it is not the most beautiful pass, he just seemed to kicking the ball to Trezeguet's zone. Regardless, Zlatan had a great match on Sunday. Anyhow you bringing my opinion into your post just doesn't make much sense, because I was perhaps the first person to critisize the outcome of this survey on this thread!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Rami said:
I believe that you are referring to my match report Seven. Quite frankly I see it that Zlatan meant to pass the ball to Trezeguet, true it is not the most beautiful pass, he just seemed to kicking the ball to Trezeguet's zone. Regardless, Zlatan had a great match on Sunday. Anyhow you bringing my opinion into your post just doesn't make much sense, because I was perhaps the first person to critisize the outcome of this survey on this thread!
It's just that the general consensus towards Zlatan has gone mad.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Seven said:
It's just that the general consensus towards Zlatan has gone mad.
Very true, people seem to have memories of goldfishes these days. Was it you who mentioned that it could be just a marketing technique? Well I must say good observation:agree: IMO it could be very well the case.

As for Zlatan I could count on one hand the good matches he had this year, and I might not even get to the fifth finger. But TBH the past two matches Zlatan is very different, as mentioned in the match reports, he seems more intent on getting the team a goal instead than getting the goal himself...which is for me a very good sign, I am really optimistic.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
Seven said:
@TonyMontana:

1) A lot of people in Italy support Juve, and thus it's more than likely a lot of those reporters support Juve as well.

2) Tifosi who cheer for Juve are likely to overrate Zlatan, simply because he's Juve's. Calling Zlatan a better player than Totti for example is a joke.
Remember this principle: Toni is great when playing for Fiorentina, but huge when playing for Juve.

3) Embracing Zlatan as the Serie A's best makes Serie A look more like a spectacular competition, which is a good market move. We all know Zlatan pulls a fancy trick every once in a while and that's what gives him the oppurtunity to make Serie A look nice.
I dont want to discuss whether or not Zlatan is best in Serie A, It would be a waste of my time. I just want to stress the fact that it IS a matter of opinion. You should know this considering you believe Del Piero to be the greatest player that ever lived, which is concidered as ten times more of a stretch then that of Zlatan being best in Serie A right now. I have never read in any newspaper or heard someone whos opinion i respect make that claim.

Many people would take that comment as an insult to great legends like Maradona, Van Basten, Pele and etc. I do not, because even if i dont agree at all i realize its a matter of opinion and you are entitled to one without having to be belittled for it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
TonyMontana said:
I dont want to discuss whether or not Zlatan is best in Serie A, It would be a waste of my time. I just want to stress the fact that it IS a matter of opinion. You should know this considering you believe Del Piero to be the greatest player that ever lived, which is concidered as ten times more of a stretch then that of Zlatan being best in Serie A right now. I have never read in any newspaper or heard someone whos opinion i respect make that claim.

Many people would take that comment as an insult to great legends like Maradona, Van Basten, Pele and etc. I do not, because even if i dont agree at all i realize its a matter of opinion and you are entitled to one without having to be ridiculed for it.
I'm going to have to report that post.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
TonyMontana said:
Was that a joke? or are you still pissed i ratted you out? Or maybe both.
It wasn't a joke. I'm sick of you twisting other people's words and then using those twisted words as arguments. You're destroying any possibility on a constructive discussion. I don't see how I would be biased and you would be objective. Quite frankly the mere thought of you calling me biased is ludicrous.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
Seven said:
It wasn't a joke. I'm sick of you twisting other people's words and then using those twisted words as arguments. You're destroying any possibility on a constructive discussion. I don't see how I would be biased and you would be objective. Quite frankly the mere thought of you calling me biased is ludicrous.
Sigh, how did i twist your words?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He enforced a certain reputation on me by using so called earlier statements of mine. I never said anything of the sort, yet now he's using that as an argument. There's plenty wrong with that.

Akerman

Oct 20, 2005
Zlatan might be the best player or he might not. I'm quite in the middle because he mixes great performences with bad performances. I'm afraid that Zlatan is getting too much media attention here in Sweden because for our newspapers Juventus seem to equal Zlatan. For example, when the police fired teargas onto the crowd in Coppa Italia the frontpage said "Gas attack against Zlatan". They always twist everything around to make it seem like Zlatan is always in the middle of attention. In the match reports they mostly just comment on Zlatan's performance. This is what I hate. I'm a Juventus fan and want to read about Juventus, not only about Zlatan! He's still one of eleven players out on the field.

I must say that he's very overrated, but still a great player. He might become a Van Basten in the future, something that I hope and think he will, but he has a long way to go.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Akerman said:
Zlatan might be the best player or he might not. I'm quite in the middle because he mixes great performences with bad performances. I'm afraid that Zlatan is getting too much media attention here in Sweden because for our newspapers Juventus seem to equal Zlatan. For example, when the police fired teargas onto the crowd in Coppa Italia the frontpage said "Gas attack against Zlatan". They always twist everything around to make it seem like Zlatan is always in the middle of attention. In the match reports they mostly just comment on Zlatan's performance. This is what I hate. I'm a Juventus fan and want to read about Juventus, not only about Zlatan! He's still one of eleven players out on the field.

I must say that he's very overrated, but still a great player. He might become a Van Basten in the future, something that I hope and think he will, but he has a long way to go.
good post !!!

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
Seven said:
He enforced a certain reputation on me by using so called earlier statements of mine. I never said anything of the sort, yet now he's using that as an argument. There's plenty wrong with that.
Stop posting bullshit about how i twist peoples words. It makes you look like a sore loser.

Seven said:
True, and he never fulfilled his potential. I think he's likely to be forgotten very soon, while in my humble opinion he's one of the greatest players, if not the greatest that I've ever seen. I never witnessed such style and passion. The fact that Del Piero was and ,for now is, stylish in EVERYTHING he does is just so...
That wasnt even the post i was refering to, i couldnt find the one where you said Del piero had more technical skill then Maradona and that you thought he was the greatest ever. This one will do just fine though.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So I'm calling DP a great player and possibly the best I've ever seen. Where do I say he's the greatest ever?

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
Seven said:
So I'm calling DP a great player and possibly the best I've ever seen. Where do I say he's the greatest ever?
Are you blind? Eh whatever, technicalitys doesnt change my point.

Stay gold Ponyboy, stay gold;)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
TonyMontana said:
Are you blind? Eh whatever, technicalitys doesnt change my point.

Stay gold Ponyboy, stay gold;)
Ehrm of course technicalities like that change your point.

When I say A, I don't say B. So don't act as if I said B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)