Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
He isn't lucky, sure he has the squad and it helps he has so many big game players but he knows how to motivate and is tactically quite sound

He seems like he knows how to keep calm on the bench which is surprising given how erratic his actions on the field were

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I'm not doubting he's a good manager, but I mean how difficult can it be to succeed when you can just casually throw in €101M Gareth Bale from the bench in the second half?
still pretty difficult. PSG can throw in Pastore, Draxler, De Maria (sure they arent bale but still super strong bench) and yet they flop. The mental strength it takes to win 3 CLs in a row is I think his strongest asset.

- - - Updated - - -

He isn't lucky, sure he has the squad and it helps he has so many big game players but he knows how to motivate and is tactically quite sound

He seems like he knows how to keep calm on the bench which is surprising given how erratic his actions on the field were
And thats a tough Madrid bench. Pellegrini, Mou and Rafa struggled with leaks and rebellions they werent known to be a cohesive team. They were just individuals. Only Ancelotti was comfortable with them.

And you still see some cracks with Isco and James in the past demanding to be played more and Bale's first words after a win complaining about lack of playing time when he should be insanely celebrating.

He knows how to get them to perform collectively when its game time. They leave their differences outside and play like a team. Even Asensio, Vazquez, Kovacic and previously Morata he could get so much out of them.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's written history regardless what people think of him. I think he's a lot better than many consider him to be, but it's also right that he won't gain as much respect until he wins it elsewhere.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
$#@!ing lucky coach! I really hope he continues his career and we see if he's a good coach or not! So far he's been nothing but lucky!
Lucky!!! He won 3 CHL and one La Liga in 2 1/2 years as head coach. If Allegri had subbed in a player scoring two goals and deciding the game in the CHL final, he would be called the best manager in the world but Zidane is lucky.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Lucky :howler:

Some of you are just clueless, jealous haters. Di Matteo won it once, and you can call him lucky; an absolute noob of a coach.

However, to win it 3 consecutive times, in an era where cuntish nouveau riche plastic clubs like PSG, City and the repulsive United continue to fail despite spending insane amounts of money, is admirable.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
GOAT level player is slowly transitioning to a Goat level coach. You gotta admire the effortless winning drive this guy has.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Real is on pace to win a 3rd straight CL title, which hasnt happened since the 70s. but sure, any coach could do this, which is why Mourinho, Ancelotti and Benitez all did it before. Pep and Enrique as well, just with Barca instead of Real
Refs refs refs. He wouldnt even win 1 if VAR was in CL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)