Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
An art museum in my city was showing "Zidane; A 21st Century Portrait" and I went to see it the other day. It was footage of him during his Madrid days but it was great nonetheless. Has anyone else seen it before?

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
An art museum in my city was showing "Zidane; A 21st Century Portrait" and I went to see it the other day. It was footage of him during his Madrid days but it was great nonetheless. Has anyone else seen it before?
Is this the one where there's like 50 cameras all on him for the match? Haven't seen it personally, but I did see him live in the Delle Alpi back in the day :cool:

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
JFG™;4048871 said:
Is this the one where there's like 50 cameras all on him for the match? Haven't seen it personally, but I did see him live in the Delle Alpi back in the day :cool:
Yeah that's the one. The whole thing was really immersive, and even though most of the time I wasn't sure what was going on in the match, I could still feel the emotion of it in Zidane's face and stuff.
It's cool you got to see him live. I wasn't a huge football fan when he was in his prime so I've only gotten to see him play on tv in the World Cup final of '06 and maybe a few other times with some friends.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Yeah that's the one. The whole thing was really immersive, and even though most of the time I wasn't sure what was going on in the match, I could still feel the emotion of it in Zidane's face and stuff.
It's cool you got to see him live. I wasn't a huge football fan when he was in his prime so I've only gotten to see him play on tv in the World Cup final of '06 and maybe a few other times with some friends.
He really was something else :agree: This is gonna make me sound like one of those old folk who bang on about Georgie Best, but I'd still take Zidane over Messi or Ronaldo. There was just something about his style of play, it just left you in awe of the man. Broke my heart when he left for Madrid. That was the last time I put a footballers name on the back of a shirt :sad:
I started watching that film. Really boring. I'd much rather just watch the match.
This :agree: I'm still vexed by people who refer to him as a Real legend, he made his name at Juve as far as I'm concerned :stuckup:

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
He really was something else :agree: This is gonna make me sound like one of those old folk who bang on about Georgie Best, but I'd still take Zidane over Messi or Ronaldo. There was just something about his style of play, it just left you in awe of the man. Broke my heart when he left for Madrid. That was the last time I put a footballers name on the back of a shirt :sad:
I've heard so much about him, and even though not seeing him makes my opinion a little invalid, I still consider him better than CR for sure.

I started watching that film. Really boring. I'd much rather just watch the match.
I can see how some people would find it boring, but I like how it focused on all the little things in a football match.

Paradise Bhoy

Feb 10, 2013
How do you guys compare him to Platini?

Im old enough to have seen both, and I've heard (especially the younger) Juve fans believe ZZ tops? (sorry)

I think Platini at his peak, was the most complete midfielder/playmaker/finisher I've seen.

Sorry ZZ but Platini was the man. IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)