zalyate leaving juve (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++

Nein, from Penarol.
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
yep, we took him from Penarol and a year or 2 later we loaned him to Sevilla before taking him back again.
Good to know someone here remembers it :strong:

I still remember trying to find out all I could about him back then, wasn't much to dig up about Penarol in English so I just found some old pictures. :touched:

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

I still remember trying to find out all I could about him back then, wasn't much to dig up about Penarol in English so I just found some old pictures. :touched:
lol when I search for "Zalayeta Penarol" in google images, I find a pic of Pete Sampras :wallbang:

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Personally, I remember watching him at the Youth Championship in Malaysia in 97, later on I read about him joining Juventus in some France Football issue. There was a hot prospects article featuring him, Riquelme and Montano, a dude who never really made it.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i still remember the first game he was on the bench, Thinkn "who the fck is that!?!?" Juventus had no coloured players in the team at that point so i was shocked, coz he immediatly stood out and i had no clue who he was.

i can also still remember seeing highlights of him playing for Empoli.

How i miss not being able to watch live italian footy

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by bringhomedavids ] ++
"He cost us €30 million so we would probably only consider a loan and sale."

Did we really pay that much for him!
no way.... Moggi is not stupid to pay 30 millions for zalayeta..

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

Yep, From Sevilla.

Nope, from Penarol.

++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
yep, we took him from Penarol and a year or 2 later we loaned him to Sevilla before taking him back again.

Actually, Sevilla released him from his loan contract, and he had been training with the Uruguayan NT and Penarol I think when we recalled him, due to Salas' injury. We saved him from unemployment :D

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Guys, how about a little more respect for Zalayeta. He is probably the best fifth striker in Europe. And to be honest, he's way too good for that position. Like Gray said, he never complains, and when called on to play, he has always done so, and at times done better than some of our star strikers. This season, again he proved to be useful with some really valuable contributions. So yes, maybe he would leave, and personally, i think he should, because he would do better for himself elsewhere. Even still, Forza Zalayeta.
I agree.he's playing good when he gets a chance.but he deserves more.he deserves to get more chances and playing more.so it's better for him to leave Juve.he himself wants it and it's his right.though it would be a real miss for Juve.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
I think the total amount spent on salary,accuistion and all that other stuff amounted to 30 million....our best bet would be to loan him for a year and watch him sprout into "The Black Panther
" that he is mabey then we can keep him or sell him for more....Forza Zalayete...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)