You're going to hell if you __________ (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I see what you're saying, but often times the person in control is sacrificing his/her own health, pleasure, happiness for that of his/her pet. Then this feeling of power you are talking about is overturned. Instead of being in control, the owner is actually victim to his/her own love for this pet.
Yeah, that is a good observation. It can even flip to the opposite over the time. The person who was once submissive can become dominant and the person once in power can come to accept the subordinate role.

You are suggesting that altruism does not really exist. That there is always to some degree a motive for performing a good deed( making one feel better about himself etc..) I disagree, in many cases humans sacrifice far too much for the benefit of others.
I explored this topic some time ago actually. It's a bit long. :/
http://www.matusiak.eu/numerodix/blog/index.php/2008/06/02/altruism-explained-in-terms-of-egoism/

Humans do not do this for personal satisfaction but because it is actually in our nature to do good.
You are suggesting people don't know why they do things? They do good to others without thinking about it? I think that's a possibility, but I think humans spend enough time reflecting on their own situation and their own goals that in most cases they do know why they treat others as they do.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I explored this topic some time ago actually. It's a bit long. :/
http://www.matusiak.eu/numerodix/blog/index.php/2008/06/02/altruism-explained-in-terms-of-egoism/

You are suggesting people don't know why they do things? They do good to others without thinking about it? I think that's a possibility, but I think humans spend enough time reflecting on their own situation and their own goals that in most cases they do know why they treat others as they do.
I read the article and it actually favours my point. It suggests that people perform good deeds because of egoism, this is true, it makes a very good case but here's where this entire theory is falsified. Consider the following situation. (A true story).

A woman is sitting by a lake minding her own business before encountering a scorpion that is trying vigorously to escape the water and reach land. The woman extends her hand to try and help the scorpion, the scorpion bites her and her hands bleeds violently.

She extends her hand for a second time to try and help the scorpion but again is bitten violently. And this continues for a long time untill her arm is smothered with her own blood.

A stranger was watching at a distant and yells at this woman,"You fool, why are you trying to help this monster, do you not understand that it is hurting you?"

She replies, "Just as how the scorpion cannot try to hide it's nature of being violent, I cannot hide my true nature of tying to help the scorpion".

Now do you see how in this strory, she is not protecting her family's genes nor is she serving her ego. She is causing pain to herself in order to help the scorpion, why? She did not know anyone was watching so she could not have done it to receive credit or praise , in fact, people would label her as foolish and stupid. She simply did it because it is within her nature to do it. We have a universal recognition of what is right and what is wrong.

As for the last part, yes that is precisely what I'm saying. I can give you so many historical cases very much like the story of the woman by the lake and these people who have sacrificed their well-being for the well-being of others are greatly appreciated and praised by all of us.

These cases are praised because we know they are what is right. We all recognize that there exists 'right' and 'wrong' and this engineering of morality is not human but rather divine in my opinion. This universal knowledge of morality really continues to astound me. I personally see it as a reason to believe in a creator, and this is why I have chosen theism over deism. I believe that the higher power, or God is actually one that is caring and loving, not one that has gone on a permanent vacation.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I read the article and it actually favours my point. It suggests that people perform good deeds because of egoism, this is true, it makes a very good case but here's where this entire theory is falsified. Consider the following situation. (A true story).

A woman is sitting by a lake minding her own business before encountering a scorpion that is trying vigorously to escape the water and reach land. The woman extends her hand to try and help the scorpion, the scorpion bites her and her hands bleeds violently.

She extends her hand for a second time to try and help the scorpion but again is bitten violently. And this continues for a long time untill her arm is smothered with her own blood.

A stranger was watching at a distant and yells at this woman,"You fool, why are you trying to help this monster, do you not understand that it is hurting you?"

She replies, "Just as how the scorpion cannot try to hide it's nature of being violent, I cannot hide my true nature of tying to help the scorpion".
This is a very nice example. And I can think of explanations, but I'm not sure that we can explain this in a scientifically undisputed way at the moment.

Apr 12, 2004
ßüякε;1892670 said:
So they cut the woman's dick off?

And you wouldn't know, but I'm drunk (something awesome they don't allow you to do) but i love my man Bes and we roll heavy strong and without a bong because we are drugs, so is it against Islam to stick my dickballs in your mouth?

PS - your mom said no

PPS - leave the forum
:lol2:

I don't remember making this post.
"Athiest ,agnostics etc are not religions , actually they are anti-religions'

And you're against that, so stop being against them and they won't argue or fight with you all the time.

At the end of the day, it's all about being a good person so stop trying to influence them to learn or join Islam or whatever religion. That's up to them, not you
Well, they are the religion of no religion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)