Your Favourite Sitcom Character (3 Viewers)

Sep 26, 2007
No I hate that show because it is fake. Sex and the City is just how girl's are. It is a tv show so it is a little exaggerated with a fabulous wardrobe. So I don't get why all the animosity towards it. It's like you were dumped by a girl who decided to go single because of the show or something. (Which actually goes against the whole tv show because all the girls get boyfriends and husbands at the end)

I just don't get why it's not a show of which you are indifferent about.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #122
    Sex And The City :blah:

I just dislike shows.Be it Fashion House,Desperate Housewives or Sex Of The City.But at the end of the days,these shows were probably created for females so its perfectly normal for a male to not like them.The fact that half of the females id come across would like these shows makes me hate the shows even more.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    salman, to answer your question:
    http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=oDUTTRGOJdE&feature=related

No I hate that show because it is fake. Sex and the City is just how girl's are. It is a tv show so it is a little exaggerated with a fabulous wardrobe. So I don't get why all the animosity towards it. It's like you were dumped by a girl who decided to go single because of the show or something. (Which actually goes against the whole tv show because all the girls get boyfriends and husbands at the end)

I just don't get why it's not a show of which you are indifferent about.
    I'd say it's pretentious and annoying. The characters don't appeal to me in the least, except Charlotte.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    The Argument Clinic is probably the best sketch by Monty Python, especially when it was performed live at the Hollywood ball.

As for Sex and the City it is literally impossible to find any guy that likes it, I have no opinion on it because I simply can't watch it, we are just not the audience for that. I got my missus the shoebox, for those who don't know what that is, it is the box with the complete collection. Here I have an advice for other men who live with their better half, DON'T BUY THEM THE SHOWBOX!!!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    As for Sex and the City it is literally impossible to find any guy that likes it, I have no opinion on it because I simply can't watch it, we are just not the audience for that. I got my missus the shoebox, for those who don't know what that is, it is the box with the complete collection. Here I have an advice for other men who live with their better half, DON'T BUY THEM THE SHOWBOX!!!
    I had a friend who liked it (a girl obviously) and that's why I started watching it. At first I found it playful and somewhat amusing. But after a while I realized that the title wasn't a euphemism, it really is about sex and the city, nothing more. The more I watched it, the more the Carrie character started to annoy me with her dumb judgments and stupid opinions.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I had a friend who liked it (a girl obviously) and that's why I started watching it. At first I found it playful and somewhat amusing. But after a while I realized that the title wasn't a euphemism, it really is about sex and the city, nothing more. The more I watched it, the more the Carrie character started to annoy me with her dumb judgments and stupid opinions.
    That's your mistake, you simply shouldn't watch it. It's like watching a sport you don't like, simply pointless.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #133
    The Argument Clinic is probably the best sketch by Monty Python, especially when it was performed live at the Hollywood ball.

The Argument Clinic is brilliant,but nothing beats the end of the silly job interview for me.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
    Jun 2, 2007
    Joey and Chandler from friends were hilarious..
    with the currently showing sitcoms,i will have to say Barney from how i met your mother is very funny..
    I dont know if Entourage can be called a sitcom though,if it is then Ari Gold and Johnny Drama gets my vote..

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #140
    Me neither.

Coming back to Monty Python..do you people get the socio-political messages in the sketches?TBH,i had a hard time understanding those messages.To me it was only good old humour in the start,but when i read more about it..it started making more sense,and the whole concept behind their skethes became even more brilliant in my mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)