you hungry for love? failed with your own species? try a pet instead (2 Viewers)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Nedvěd;2929186 said:
Monkeys > Cats + Dogs + Del Neris+ Marottas + All other pets

I prefer cats, dogs and horses! Monkeys may look cute but they can turn on you in the blink of an eye! They are wild animals and should remain as wild animals.

Nedvěd

Awww ok I like monkeys again.

Just not chimps.
Chims are our cousins, you should like them and respect them like any other human. :D

I prefer cats, dogs and horses! Monkeys may look cute but they can turn on you in the blink of an eye! They are wild animals and should remain as wild animals.
Really? I always wanted to adopt a monkey, so you advice me against it?

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Nedvěd;2929205 said:
Chims are our cousins, you should like them and respect them like any other human. :D

Really? I always wanted to adopt a monkey, so you advice me against it?
Adopt as in paying so much a week/month is ok. But I wouldn't recommend keeping one as a pet unless: -

1. Your knowledge of the type of monkey you intend to get is thorough: - what they need as per food, living conditions and enviroment and innoculations.
  2. You have the have the space that they need - and they would need a lot.
  3. You can afford the food, vacinations, time to spare, and all the stuff you would need to buy and construct to provide them a safe, stimulating and happy enviroment for them.

A lot of people think that keeping a monkey as a pet is like having a doll to dress up and expect it to live in, what is for the monkey, a confined and boring enviroment. That is not fair on the animal and could be construed as cruel to them. Also, as they are 'sociable' animals, one on it's own is not good for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)