Would you leave? (1 Viewer)

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
Just wanna ask something, pardon me if it is stupid, but it is just my curiosity. Will you keep on supporting a club, eventhough a player (the one that makes you interested to the club), leaves?

Or do you really love the club because you are a fan of player in the club, instead of becoming a fananatic fan directly (No fav players involved in the beginning)?

I am a fan of Juve but somehow, but it all started due to Roby. Though I am stil suporting Juve but, am I a real fan of Juve?

Plzzz, someone enlightened me.... :confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
well i guess it differs form person to person.....

Some peole are club surpporters... they will surpport the players in the club for as long as they are there...once they leave.....they will no longer surpport the player

Others will surpport thr player and folow the guy from club to club.

For me, I kinda surpport both. I like Juventus and some other clubs.... but when one of the plyers i like leaves ( eg Davids right now is the hot topic ) i will still follow him at the new club because i like to watch him play and because i feel for the guy after these yeras at Juve. And if things go well, i may end up being a fan of his new club too (if it's Roma...this ain't going to happen :D )

Sometimes also it's just that 1 player who 1st holds your interst and because of following him you end up being a fan of the club he is in. this is the case with me most of the time.

Buffon was the 1st person who amde me start looking at Juve as Roby probably did for you maybe...then from watching these players... you 'get to know' the rest of the players and the style of the team. And then.....you're hooked :LOL:

I am a fan of Juve but somehow, but it all started due to Roby. Though I am stil suporting Juve but, am I a real fan of Juve?

Plzzz, someone enlightened me....
you almost seam confused about wether you're a juve fan here. If that's what's confusing you, here's my opinion

Do you still feel happy when the club wins?

Do you want them to win?

If the answer is YES the you are a fan......big fan or small fan is another matter....but definately a fan :)

OP
desireless

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    well put it in this way, you can stab my heart if Juve lost in a crucial match, and I will go berserk if they win.

I am just wondering ppl who loves DP so much, what will they do when he is not in Juve anymore? Don't get me worng though, I really like him, especially when he brought Juve to CL trophy against Ajax, the best moment ever... :)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    that backheel goal in the european cup final of 98 is very much responsible not only making me a Juventus fanatic but also a total football maniac ... changing mylife forever..

so it wouldnt be wrong to say that the reason i support Juve was Alessandro Del Piero... :somehowproud:..

but all the years that have gone by i think my interest to the club has grown on its own ... eventhough deep in my heart i knew a big test it will be come the day Ale leaves..

whereever that may be, from Qatar to America, hope it wont be anywhere in Manchester...

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Well.... the ManU fans just went through such a drama :LOL:

for me..... i know what will happen if DP, or actually Gigi in my case were to leave the club. But i think those 2 won't leave just as yet..... more likely Mr Lippi may go :touched:

i'd still be a Juve fan for sure but i'd also follow these guys to which ever team they may go to and most probably become a small fan of that team even if it's some :yuck: team.

This is just what i think :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I agree with what Ivy and Aressandro10 said....

to add my 2 cents, i think it depends on how much you grow to like the team itself when the player is there.....
    For Example,

1)
    I've Suppoted Milan because of Baggio and Maldini. i still want them to win (except when it's not in Juve's favor). If Maldini leaves, i'd probibly stop supporting them, but i'd never hate them......so i'd say in this case, it's really because of the player.
    same goes with Aimar/Valencia, Baggio/Bologna, Baggio/Inter, Parma/Cannavaro.
    It's hard to continue to support a team that rivals your fav team or a spanish team :D

2)
    I started supporting River Plate because of Aimar, but then came Saviola, then D'Alessandro and Cavinaghi. Although i started supporting them because of a player, i've become a fan of the club itself.
    The same goes with Zola and Chelsea.....
    This is because i've grown to like the team itself.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by desireless ] ++
    Just wanna ask something, pardon me if it is stupid, but it is just my curiosity. Will you keep on supporting a club, eventhough a player (the one that makes you interested to the club), leaves?

Or do you really love the club because you are a fan of player in the club, instead of becoming a fananatic fan directly (No fav players involved in the beginning)?

You're on Juve forum, so I find it hard, that someone could say, that they support only particulare players, and they will stoppped, after such players leave th club :)

I support 4 clubs as clubs: Juve, Valencia, ManU and Milan, no matter what players play there.

But I also support some clubs, cause of their players: like Liverpool cause of Dudek and Owen - so they leave, I guess I will start support them.

But sometimes I support just a player, like Becks, so I dont wish Real as bad as I did before :groan:

But here on the forum are people, who support Juve and only Juve. So if some player leave Juve, they will now care about him anymore.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002

I'm a juve fan, so it doesn't matter if a player leaves. i'll still be a fanatic juve fan

about your case, I think that it doesn't matter how you started supporting Juve. if you'r still love juve a lot, even though baggio left, then I'd say you'r a real fan. of course it's all depends of how much you like juve. if you'r stil like them, but much less than the way you like them with baggio, then... :undecide:

but it doesn't matter how you started!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    My only 'true' support lies in Juve, no matter which players come and go... we could get relegated to the lowest point possible, but I'd still try my best to follow Serie C3 (i know it's a huge exhaggeration but yeah...)

The only other clubs i monitor (different from 'follow' methinks) for personal reasons are Feyenoord, PSV, Anderlecht and Real Sociedad (figure it out) :p

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    well put it in this way, you can stab my heart if Juve lost in a crucial match, and I will go berserk if they win.

I am just wondering ppl who loves DP so much, what will they do when he is not in Juve anymore? Don't get me worng though, I really like him, especially when he brought Juve to CL trophy against Ajax, the best moment ever... :)

Well, judging by your reactions to Juve's wins and losses, you seem to be a fan of the team first, players second.

And when DP leaves, the team and it's fans move on.

It's happened with Bettega, Platini, and all the great ones, the team still stays as strong as ever.

Personally, I'll be very disappointed when Nedved finally decides to hang it up, but I'll still be a Juventini Tifoso 'till the end.

Coming soon to a board near you...............an avatar with me and my buddy Nedved at a Juve practice in Rhode Island. (If I can figure out how to get my digital camera to work)

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    I like DP.....but when he plays a bad game I always swear my head off at him in front of my TV....

Probably Dp got me to know Juve better and now I put Juve way above him.

If he ever leaves one day....probably I'll pay more attention to his new team for a while...but my heart would stay with Juve....

I think.....:D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Hey, maybe someone can help me.

I have a digital camera that's full of photos from Juve's practice for the Barcelona game this summer in the US.

What I would like to do is be able to post some of them on this board to show you guys.

How do I do that??

Let's just say my luck with computers lately has been less than spectacular.

And it's not as if I'm computer illiterate, it's just that every time I load something into my computer, it crashes.

Keep in mind that I have a Dell, and let's just say that I would rather use it for an expensive coaster more than anything else.

Any help would be appreciated, because I think you guys (and ladies) would really like these photos.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    I have a digital camera that's full of photos from Juve's practice for the Barcelona game this summer in the US.

What I would like to do is be able to post some of them on this board to show you guys.

How do I do that??
    Well, if you have them on your harddrive, you could post a thread about it in the Multimedia forum and attach the pictures with posts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)