Would you leave? (2 Viewers)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++
how about a reverse question...
would you stop supporting a team if a certain player joins it????

i think it's still depends on the surpporter... wether you are a player surpporter or a team surpporter....certain people focus alot on individual playes while others looks at the whole team.

So for fans that surpport the player.... no i don't think that they have a reason to stop surpporting a team because a certain player has joined it

For the club surpporter.... it will depend. Manypeole surpport clubs because of things like team sprit for eg..... so if this undesiable player comes along and does not affect the team sprit....most probaly you will sill remain a fan... but if this newbie causes the team to [/exagertion] bemone arrogant, than yeah.... you might stop liking this club

do you get what i mean???

generic answer.... you'll stop surpporting a team when what you love about it dissapperas. So.... what do you love about Juve extacly???

Tacca03

May 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

It doesn't really matter why you start supporting a club, but that if you really call yourself a supporter that you continue to support it. But, in my opinion that doesn't mean that you should always support a club no matter what. For instance, if a multi-billionaire came in and bought Juve and turned the club into Real Turin, I'd leave, because that's not the type of club that I want to be associated with or find satisfying to support, but I can't really see myself leaving just because a player would leave.
I agree with you 100% Rickenbacker2

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i know this guy who loved juve all his life until they sold Baggio. he got that emotional that he didnt watch Serie A anymore and followed United and the EPL.

personally, its the team you go for...not the players. only band wagoners ditch their clubs when a player leaves.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

personally, its the team you go for...not the players. only band wagoners ditch their clubs when a player leaves.
i still tinks it depends.... cos some people just like the skill of an individual player. I mean there must be tones of Zizou, Baggio, DP..... fans out there and these people just adore watching them play so they will follow them where ever they go. It doesn't make them any less of a football fan. It's just that their main priority is the player and not the club and they are very faithfull to the player.

Do you get what i mean??? It's different from club hopping.... there are also people that tend to surpport which ever team wins the championship for eg....... those are the band wagoners

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
sounds like a certain political ideology that gained power during the second world war in italy :D
The only political ideology that arose in Italy during the second world war was republican democracy...

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
How about Juve? :undecide:

Are you a fan (if yes, because of what player?) or a supporter?
I'm a fan of Juve, but not because of an individual player. By a fan, I mean someone who likes the club, follows the results, watches the occasional game. A supporter has to really care about the club, and its ups and downs. I only feel that for my local team.

Why Juve? Why not? I mean, who'd support a Milan team? :p

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
that backheel goal in the european cup final of 98 ...
Damn i remember that goal!!! I almost didnt mind lossing the final!!! Crespo did it again against Bordeux in the 1999 Uefa cup. That made me a Crespo fan too

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
I started supporting Juve because i hated Milan!!!!!!!!!!! I support Barca too because i hate, really hate Real Madrid. Some people like me start supporting because they cant stand the arrogance shown by others. I am a Juve fanatic thats for sure. 100% anti Real, 100% anti MILAN and 200% anti Man U. They get too arrogant the minute they win too trophies!

Aug 1, 2003
i started supporting juve when i saw inzaghi's goals against united (we lost 3-2) and i was 10. pippo left, but i loved juve much more. its too bad he went to a shitty place like milan. ugh. the thought still makes me sick.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by jamaliano ] ++
Some people like me start supporting because they cant stand the arrogance shown by others... 100% anti Real, 100% anti MILAN and 200% anti Man U. They get too arrogant the minute they win two trophies!
Milan and Real earned their status a long time ago. Real have the record for most European Cups, including a four or five in a row run in the 50's, while Milan dominated Italy and Europe during the late eighties and early ninties.

Milan have since declined, despite their CL win last year, but their fans retain the arrogance earned during their dominant spell. In England, Liverpool are similar, though they earned their arrogance longer ago (70s and 80s) and have fallen even further. I disliek teams like this, who live on past glories, and shove them in other peoples face.

Real are the flare team of Europe, and despite the fact that they lost a game last year, theya re probably the best of all the teams going. Maybe Makelele's loss will prove too weakening, but they deserve their reputation, and their arrogance is justified.

Similarly, Man Utd have won the EPL something like 8 times out of the last 11 seasons, and a CL to boot. That really give them bragging rights too, so their supporters are deservedly arrogant too. I don't see the point of complaining of such arrogance.

After all, Juventus fans suffer from it too.

;)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++

i think it's still depends on the surpporter... wether you are a player surpporter or a team surpporter....certain people focus alot on individual playes while others looks at the whole team.

So for fans that surpport the player.... no i don't think that they have a reason to stop surpporting a team because a certain player has joined it

For the club surpporter.... it will depend. Manypeole surpport clubs because of things like team sprit for eg..... so if this undesiable player comes along and does not affect the team sprit....most probaly you will sill remain a fan... but if this newbie causes the team to [/exagertion] bemone arrogant, than yeah.... you might stop liking this club

do you get what i mean???

generic answer.... you'll stop surpporting a team when what you love about it dissapperas. So.... what do you love about Juve extacly???
yes I get what you mean.

what I love about Juve??? everything

OP
desireless

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #53
    Hey sorry to all of you for the late reply, wow never really think that this thread will be long.

Another question actually, I find this through a friend of mine who is supporting Barca (sorry a bit off topic here).

Luckily for him, he is enjoying the change in Barca after the era of van Gaal. But what happened if the changes is doing as bad as previously (or even worse). I mean, even though as fan, you can really lose your patience.

Something like the case of Fiorentina, will you continue to support the team? La Viola was allready at the downhill, and yet came the word of bankcruptcy.

Well for me, I would say it is difficult. It is hard enough to accept the fact that your team is crushed, but to accept the fact that everything become worse later on, is too much painful to see, what about you guys? :)

Aug 1, 2003
    i was born a juve fan, lived as a juve fan, will die as a juve fan. does that answer your question? heh.

i'll go as low as bankruptcy with juve (god forbid that happens!) but lets hope no such thing will happen.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I can say right now (I don't know what the fickle human mind can do though) that I would continue supporting Juve even if we went bankrupt (touch wood) and became FC Turin Biaconeri. Though I'd really be hoping that we'd be granted a quick entrance into Serie B like Fiorentina were :)

++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    I disliek teams like this, who live on past glories, and shove them in other peoples face.

Yeah, u gotta hate those damn Nottingham Forest supporters :LOL::LOL:

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by desireless ] ++
    Something like the case of Fiorentina, will you continue to support the team? La Viola was allready at the downhill, and yet came the word of bankcruptcy.
    What a huge and heavy word you used to explain your case, but with Clubs like Juventus this isn't even possible to happen. because of many different financial matters and other stuff i won't be going through it.

For me I won't quit supporting Juventus No matter what happens.:)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    The bottom line is that a lot of people have strong opinions about what other people should be doing and how others should be expressing their support for the team. Some people seem to think that since they support a club and have done so for years and expect to do so in the future, it gives them the right to look down on others who don't match that profile and think it makes them look good among others who also stay faithful to the club. While in fact there are no rules for being a fan, everyone can be one and do so with any motive they choose and noone is a "better" fan than anyone else objectively speaking, any assessment is merely based on people's subjective opinions and carries no great value IMO.

I can understand how one could like someone for being a passionate supporter or how one might dislike someone for not staying with the team, not staying in the group, but we all disagree on various levels and we don't castigate each other for that, so why do it in this case?

That's not to point a finger at anyone, just a general expression of my opinion. :)

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by desireless ] ++
    Just wanna ask something, pardon me if it is stupid, but it is just my curiosity. Will you keep on supporting a club, eventhough a player (the one that makes you interested to the club), leaves?

Or do you really love the club because you are a fan of player in the club, instead of becoming a fananatic fan directly (No fav players involved in the beginning)?

I am a fan of Juve but somehow, but it all started due to Roby. Though I am stil suporting Juve but, am I a real fan of Juve?

Plzzz, someone enlightened me.... :confused:
    I also started to support Juve because of a player, who already left the team. But I still like Juve and if it was possible even better! :)

Sep 28, 2002
    i started supporting juve because of del piero. no secret about that. now he's not even my favourite here. it's ferrara. but i've turned from a fan to somewhat relatively close to true supporter. i mean, i don't go top games. that's it. i buy merchandise, i get into fights because of my team. and can sacrifice a lot. why don't i go to the matches. paul said it's not that expensive. well, for the money that i'd spent to come here i could pay my rent for 3 months, or live very good for a month. besides, i'd have to take that money from my mother and during university i don;t really have time for that which is a lame excuse and if i had that money i would leave the university.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)