World Cup Lounge (2 Viewers)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Morra10 said:
ya but then if fifa thinks the incident is bad they can hande it after the match, like they did de rossi.

the ref didnt handle figo's situation because if he did figo would of got a straight red and been sent off. the ref didnt see it, so i dont understand how fifa thinks a yellow card is fair justice after watching all the tapes. if you like figo great but dont stand up for him after he did that. after the netherlands game i have no respect for figo. i hope totti spits in his face :D
fifa does not think that it is a fair punishment, but if a ref or his assistents have seen it, then fifa do not handle it.
btw, I don´t like figo, and what he did was not nice and should have been punished harder, but what the dutch did was even worse, they did not respect fair play and caused all that cards in this game. they deserved to bo knocked out..

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Maresca said:
fifa does not think that it is a fair punishment, but if a ref or his assistents have seen it, then fifa do not handle it.
btw, I don´t like figo, and what he did was not nice and should have been punished harder, but what the dutch did was even worse, they did not respect fair play and caused all that cards in this game. they deserved to bo knocked out..

ok does that only involve yellow cards, and then they can suspend someone longer if they recieve a red card, because de rossi's red card was delt with by the referee but later he got suspended by fifa.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Morra10 said:
ok does that only involve yellow cards, and then they can suspend someone longer if they recieve a red card, because de rossi's red card was delt with by the referee but later he got suspended by fifa.
these are the fifa rules, a punishment for a direct red card are to be decided from fifa, but for a yellow card the fifa do not anything else, if de rossi has had a red card after the second yellow, he was gonna be suspended for 1 game.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Maresca said:
these are the fifa rules, a punishment for a direct red card are to be decided from fifa, but for a yellow card the fifa do not anything else, if de rossi has had a red card after the second yellow, he was gonna be suspended for 1 game.

ya i got ya but still the ref. had his back turned away from the play..........whatever figo is going to get his next game.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Morra10 said:
ya i got ya but still the ref. had his back turned away from the play..........whatever figo is going to get his next game.
as far as I remember the ref gave him the yellow card after he had talked to his assistent..

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Maresca said:
as far as I remember the ref gave him the yellow card after he had talked to his assistent..

ya thats what i remember too because he didnt see it, but the assistent is standing 50 m away, i know they didnt get that good a look at it seeing how he only recieved a yellow card.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
giovanotti said:
This football rest is very good at the moment...a stanstill before the storm.
it def is all the managers and teams are preparing for the real thing. all 4 games are hard and very important. i really cant imagine how argentina vs germany would look like, it will be the best game soo far.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
juve_ruler said:
it def is all the managers and teams are preparing for the real thing. all 4 games are hard and very important. i really cant imagine how argentina vs germany would look like, it will be the best game soo far.
I expect the same,it will be a great game.

England could easily pass Portugal,without all those suspended Portugal players and injured C.Ronaldo.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
giovanotti said:
I expect the same,it will be a great game.

England could easily pass Portugal,without all those suspended Portugal players and injured C.Ronaldo.

i sure hope soo i think england can make it aganist portogual, infact i would love to see portugal get knocked out i wa snever a fan for them ( def has sth to do with figo being in the team:tdown: )

as for the other games i dont think france can repeat 98 against this brazil i find it very hard specially with the idiot they have as a manager!!!!!!

italy's game is not easy but in the same time its not hard ukraine is a hard working team with good players but i some how feel they are'nt as good as australia who played superbly against italy( really loved them they r a superb team). the thing i fear reagarding this game is refreeing and the bans that can occur specially to key players who already picked up yellow cards against australia we seriously need all of the team spcially against argintina or germany. i have loads of faith in this squad i think they r doing very well so far and hopefully if all works int he right way i can see them in the finals but we just need to get thru these fixtures.

argenitna vs germany, i think is the hardest game to predict, argentina has been more than superb despite having trouble agianst mexico but they proved they have solutions to every problem that gets in there way.
germany to be honest has surprised me i was expecting a weak german side ( i guess i built up my theory on there opening game against costa rica i guess i was abit too fast to judge) but this team is very strong its true they play like machines they dont have a special thing that can leave a different imperssion in yr mind but they know who to finish off games and relief the pressure being put on there shoulders.
in the end both teams are very respected and will give tough competition to the italians.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
juve_ruler said:
i sure hope soo i think england can make it aganist portogual, infact i would love to see portugal get knocked out i wa snever a fan for them ( def has sth to do with figo being in the team:tdown: )

as for the other games i dont think france can repeat 98 against this brazil i find it very hard specially with the idiot they have as a manager!!!!!!

italy's game is not easy but in the same time its not hard ukraine is a hard working team with good players but i some how feel they are'nt as good as australia who played superbly against italy( really loved them they r a superb team). the thing i fear reagarding this game is refreeing and the bans that can occur specially to key players who already picked up yellow cards against australia we seriously need all of the team spcially against argintina or germany. i have loads of faith in this squad i think they r doing very well so far and hopefully if all works int he right way i can see them in the finals but we just need to get thru these fixtures.

argenitna vs germany, i think is the hardest game to predict, argentina has been more than superb despite having trouble agianst mexico but they proved they have solutions to every problem that gets in there way.
germany to be honest has surprised me i was expecting a weak german side ( i guess i built up my theory on there opening game against costa rica i guess i was abit too fast to judge) but this team is very strong its true they play like machines they dont have a special thing that can leave a different imperssion in yr mind but they know who to finish off games and relief the pressure being put on there shoulders.
in the end both teams are very respected and will give tough competition to the italians.
Germanny surprised me too,and I expect them to pass Argentina.
Argentina showed how a single quality player can solve the game,and they have 10 of that kind,except Abondanzireri whom I don't regard as a great one.
Anyhow I expect Germany to win the game ,they are hosts and high working team...Klose Podolski seemed like a great combination and with Ballack and Frings,they can score by the long shots.Also,German side is stronger in the air duels,in my opinion.

I agree 100% that we must be careful with the yellow cards,Gattuso,Zambro and Grosso alredy have one...Barzagli will play against Ukraine,but after that game we would have(if we pass them) 3 more days to wait untill the 1/2fin,and I expect Nesta to recover.

France-Brazil,that's a hard one,but yes,Domeneceh is an idiot,that's for sure.That game depends on the ref decisions,because I have a feeling that they are favouring Brasil.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
well maxi rodriguez has already said germany will have to play alot better for them to beat us. and i think this wont be the best game of the quarter finals, argentina will win 2-0. france and brazil will be the game to watch in this round......

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Morra10 said:
i dont understand fifa.......de rossi gets 4 games for the intent of elbowing someone and figo gets nothing for the intent of headbutting someone.....

someone explain that to me
Let me explain it to you if the explanation given by Maresca, which is 100% correct, did not satisfy you. A red card is a ban, with any federation, be it fifa, uefa or the country's FA. Now the punishment depends on the crime, DDr case it was deemed ungentlemanly conduct and so was given 4 matches. A yellow card is a warning, and the referee has made a decision, so the football authorities cannot do anything to the player as in double jeaopardy, you cannot try someone twice for the same crime. If the referee did not give Figo a yellow then the authorties would have had the power to ban him for more matches. Its like going to court for a crime, if the jury finds you guilty, then the judge will sentence you appropiately and thats how a red card works. If the jury finds you not guilty, the judge has no other choice but to let you go whether he agrees with the decision or not and thats like a yellow card

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Erik said:
Rule Brittania is a good second. I know the lyrics to both (of course :strong: ). Lyrics might play a part in this perhaps. God save the Queen is easier to sing when you're slammin' drunk and trying desperately not to fall face forward and full frontal off of a balcony in a German stadium :D
Definitely. Its easier in pubs too when you've had 4 hours drinking before the game. Land of hope and glory would be a bridge too far :D

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
England are very lucky. Beckam fluke goal, then another goal again all by freekicks. Crouch scores a goal IMO which was a foul. None of the tactics of the squad are working.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
denco said:
Let me explain it to you if the explanation given by Maresca, which is 100% correct, did not satisfy you. A red card is a ban, with any federation, be it fifa, uefa or the country's FA. Now the punishment depends on the crime, DDr case it was deemed ungentlemanly conduct and so was given 4 matches. A yellow card is a warning, and the referee has made a decision, so the football authorities cannot do anything to the player as in double jeaopardy, you cannot try someone twice for the same crime. If the referee did not give Figo a yellow then the authorties would have had the power to ban him for more matches. Its like going to court for a crime, if the jury finds you guilty, then the judge will sentence you appropiately and thats how a red card works. If the jury finds you not guilty, the judge has no other choice but to let you go whether he agrees with the decision or not and thats like a yellow card

i understood him but i dont think the referee made a correct decision seeing how he needed help from his linesmen who stand 50 feet away to make the call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)