World Cup Lounge (8 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Vinman said:
I think England should beat Portugal....Deco absence will be felt

France is coming together at the right time, funny how ppl laughed at me when I rated France as the number 3 rated team in the world, back in Nick's thread 2 months ago

watch for the upset !!!
England will probably beat Portugal. I think the 80 years of mutual disappointment between the teams will raise England's game a bit, which they sorely need. All Rooney needs to do is threaten Fernando Meira, and it should be an easy goal or two for him.

Portugal has trouble not only with Deco (whom Simão might replace, but his playmaking isn't in the same league as he's better on the wing -- and no one thinks Tiago is going to fill that hole, and Maniche is far better at the deep finish than ball-handling skills), but strangely enough with Costinha. That Russian reject plays a critical destructive midfield role that Petit can only partially cover.

Portugal's best card probably comes in the form of Big Phil, who can run circles around Sven's coaching prowess.

As for France, I don't see an upset. They got a little lucky because of an incompetent, continuously offsides Henry (who hasn't had a good WC match in, oh, how long??) and coming up against the Spanish curse. They may keep the score down a little against Brazil, but it should be easy work for the Canaries.

Brazil will ultimately pound either Portugal or England.

I'm afraid we're looking at yet another Germany-Brazil final.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
i dont understand fifa.......de rossi gets 4 games for the intent of elbowing someone and figo gets nothing for the intent of headbutting someone.....

someone explain that to me

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think the FIFA officials took Big Phil's comments on Figo's foul to heart: "Jesus turned the other cheek. But Figo isn't Jesus." :p

Either that or they saw that Nethlands-Portugal game as such a refereeing blight that they'd rather not revisit it: Deco's second card or Figo's head-butt.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Tom said:
To look at yeah, it definitely is. It pisses me off though how we sing the british national anthem. I'd rather we had land of hope and glory when we walk out on to the pitch
I love Land of hope and glory; makes for a great anthem.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Tom said:
Rule Brittania is a good second. I know the lyrics to both (of course :strong: ). Lyrics might play a part in this perhaps. God save the Queen is easier to sing when you're slammin' drunk and trying desperately not to fall face forward and full frontal off of a balcony in a German stadium :D

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Morra10 said:
i dont understand fifa.......de rossi gets 4 games for the intent of elbowing someone and figo gets nothing for the intent of headbutting someone.....

someone explain that to me
tbh, italy must thank fifa, I knew that de rossi will make such a shit even before the tourement as I watched the freindly against the swiss. this is a good lesson for that romanista, he must change his behaiveur in order not to waste his talent.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Belgian ref for Italy quarter Wednesday 28 June, 2006
Italy’s quarter-final clash with the Ukraine will be officiated by Belgian Frank De Bleeckere, announced FIFA this evening.

(...bla bla bla ...)

Italian Roberto Rosetti will remain in Germany, as the group of officials is whittled down to 12. Englishman Graham Poll, who gave Josip Simunic three yellow cards before sending him off in Croatia’s 2-2 draw with Australia, has been sent home.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Maresca said:
tbh, italy must thank fifa, I knew that de rossi will make such a shit even before the tourement as I watched the freindly against the swiss. this is a good lesson for that romanista, he must change his behaiveur in order not to waste his talent.

hey im not speaking from de rossi's point of view because what he did was wrong and i think he deserves 4 games but figo getting off clean is suspicious. if portugal beat england by some stupid ass call i will go nuts.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Morra10 said:
hey im not speaking from de rossi's point of view because what he did was wrong and i think he deserves 4 games but figo getting off clean is suspicious. if portugal beat england by some stupid ass call i will go nuts.
I am sure if figo did not get that yellow card, he was gonna get a much harder punishment, but if a ref has handeled an incident in a match, then fifa does not handel it again.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Maresca said:
I am sure if figo did not get that yellow card, he was gonna get a much harder punishment, but if a ref has handeled an incident in a match, then fifa does not handel it again.
eee, but ref gave red card to de rossi what means ref handeled situation as well. or not? :confused:

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Maresca said:

ya but then if fifa thinks the incident is bad they can hande it after the match, like they did de rossi.

the ref didnt handle figo's situation because if he did figo would of got a straight red and been sent off. the ref didnt see it, so i dont understand how fifa thinks a yellow card is fair justice after watching all the tapes. if you like figo great but dont stand up for him after he did that. after the netherlands game i have no respect for figo. i hope totti spits in his face :D

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Morra10 said:
ya but then if fifa thinks the incident is bad they can hande it after the match, like they did de rossi.

the ref didnt handle it because if he did handle it figo would of got a straight red and been sent off. the ref didnt see it, so i dont understand how fifa thinks a yellow card is fair justice after watching all the tapes. if you like figo great but dont stand up for him after he did that. after the netherlands game i have no respect for figo. i hope totti spits in his face :D
:howler:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sir Sebastian said:
Or, more to the point

"A Time To get Drunk and Burn the Village"
"...and Rape The Women... That Is, Assuming They Are Women. Well, After A Few Beers, They Kind of Look Like Women. And That's Good Enough For Me." ;)

But that's too long to fit on any of the posters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)