World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's even better when you consider the second Pep gets and plays a world class #9 his team looks fucking terrifying. Even Pep stopped Pepping around.
And all teams with false number 9's play horrendous football. It's not even nice to watch. Precisely because the skillful, fast players need a number 9 to play off of.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
And all teams with false number 9's play horrendous football. It's not even nice to watch.

Regardless of the build up play, every team that does it gets to the final 3rd and look exactly the same as each other. Just passing around until somebody gets fed up and crosses it into nobody because the entire front 3 are standing there like traffic cones.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Regardless of the build up play, every team that does it gets to the final 3rd and look exactly the same as each other. Just passing around until somebody gets fed up and crosses it into nobody because the entire front 3 are standing there like traffic cones.
Yup.

It's also an incredibly defensive way of looking at football. Even Pep himself has said that he wants his team to claim so much possession, because when you have the ball the other team can't score. Pep is absolutely not an offensive coach. He wants to build as much stability as possible and have his wingers and offensive midfielder make the difference because of their sheer quality. It's insanely boring football.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Bremer really not good enough to be playing in this team?
He is behind the pecking order in terms of seniority. You have Silva and Marquinhos who've been playing for years. And then there's Militao who won CL with Madrid.

After Silva retires, he'll get more chances

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yup.

It's also an incredibly defensive way of looking at football. Even Pep himself has said that he wants his team to claim so much possession, because when you have the ball the other team can't score. Pep is absolutely not an offensive coach. He wants to build as much stability as possible and have his wingers and offensive midfielder make the difference because of their sheer quality. It's insanely boring football.
Explains why he was so Messi dependant in the biggest games. 70 sideways passes until Messi back in the day went "Fuck it" and took it past 4 people and tucked it in.

Pep has, in fairness, changed a lot from his Barca days. His city teams over the years are infinitely more direct.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Explains why he was so Messi dependant in the biggest games. 70 sideways passes until Messi back in the day went "Fuck it" and took it past 4 people and tucked it in.

Pep has, in fairness, changed a lot from his Barca days. His city teams over the years are infinitely more direct.
That is exactly what they did, although sometimes Iniesta had some depth to his game. I remember the universal praise for Xavi from those days, but the sad reality was pretty much any footballer could have done what Xavi did. That team was all about Messi.

I agree that his teams have become more direct, but even now City are a predictable side. They are a good team with a lot of quality, but they are not very courageous at all. It's why they are being consistently caught out by the likes of Real Madrid. Take away KDB's end product and they're in a lot of trouble. Which is particularly bad, because KDB is not an unstoppable player by any means, but someone who very heavily relies on his team to get him in good positions.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
If they don't get him in the fold when Silva dies of old age they're stupid
Brazil have a lot of competition in the CB department. They're producing better defenders than Italy these days.

Guy would've been an undisputed starter for the next decade had he chosen Italy. His main competition going forward will be Militao I suppose. Both are too similar in style while Marquinhos will probably be the next Selecao captain.

Apr 12, 2004
At times I don't fully understand what you are trying to say, but I just nod and smile, like grandparents who don't hear very good anymore.
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/to-remember-and-never-forget-juventuz-moments.31766/#post-2802052

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and gotta say... the best part of supporting Canada in SF's Union Square yesterday was getting to chat with meteorologist Rosemary Orozco. She wore red and white because she has lots of Canadian friends.

As for me, I may need to get out of stalker retirement.

I was wondering when they would do a female joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)