World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think international football is more like that anyway, as the coaches don't get lots of time to create a unit that is as well drilled as club sides. Then in the WC in particular you have all the contrasting styles of teams and players, and the desire to win is so great the players go that extra mile and it creates a spectacle. There is little time to redeem yourself if you don't win games so the emphasis is on winning games.

I agree that at times it is very amateurish but it shouldn't be compared to club football anyway for the reasons above (never mind the tired Allegri shit). I've found it refreshing at the same time, the WC often has this naive and exciting feel to it in comparison to something like the Champions League which is such a high level tactically and in terms of quality.
I don't agree entirely. I think the extra passion adds something to the game. Especially because the players think more about winning the tournament with their respective countries instead of just playing for a bigger paycheck (Rabiot excluded of course). Tactically it might be less developed for the reasons you pointed out, but it is very competitive in a different way.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't agree entirely. I think the extra passion adds something to the game. Especially because the players think more about winning the tournament with their respective countries instead of just playing for a bigger paycheck (Rabiot excluded of course). Tactically it might be less developed for the reasons you pointed out, but it is very competitive in a different way.
That was one of my points though. The World Cup is something different and special and allows many players from all different club backgrounds to play for the biggest trophy in the sport.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I was trying to get some Nesta juice out of a Schweinsteiger last night and I heard a scream from the next room.

It was Richard Lisan getting his Panucci absolutely blasted by Marcus Thuram with a bust of Messi.
At times I don't fully understand what you are trying to say, but I just nod and smile, like grandparents who don't hear very good anymore.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Oh, and gotta say... the best part of supporting Canada in SF's Union Square yesterday was getting to chat with meteorologist Rosemary Orozco. She wore red and white because she has lots of Canadian friends.

As for me, I may need to get out of stalker retirement.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That was one of my points though. The World Cup is something different and special and allows many players from all different club backgrounds to play for the biggest trophy in the sport.
Yes, but I don't agree with it being amateurish. I think it's very tough in a different way.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Oh, and gotta say... the best part of supporting Canada in SF's Union Square yesterday was getting to chat with meteorologist Rosemary Orozco. She wore red and white because she has lots of Canadian friends.

As for me, I may need to get out of stalker retirement.

Rosemary Orozcos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)