World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (48 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
In terms of quality this is not the best World Cup. There have been a number of exciting games, but I'm not convinced by the level of the teams.
I was just saying this to a friend of mine a few days ago and what I was trying to say with my post last week(?). Yes, the unpredictability is great, and the small teams causing upsets is great to watch especially if you hate the big team losing, but at some point you're going to lose out in quality. As much as I hate Spain and their style of play, Ekdal is not all of a sudden going to be able to dribble through the opposition midfield and rocket the ball into the top right corner like Isco can. We won't get that machine-like precision and directness from Russia like we know is possible from Germany. People can say what they will, but it's difficult to take seriously someone that says this Sweden would be more entertaining to watch than a front three of Insigne - Balotelli - Bernardeschi under Mancini.

We just have to take it for what it is now I guess.

Goddamn, can we please get Isco?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Insane. Switzerland completely squandered the best chance they ever had to a World Cup final and lost to fucking Sweden.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)