World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (68 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Look. You can like this Russia side all you want. If you think they're a fantastic team, so be it. I hope Croatia beats the living crap out of them though.
Croatia will beat them for sure..
Russia look like the mighty hulk when playing against Saudia Arabia and Egypt but when they faced a good side they lost 3-0...
Russia vs Spain was like this - Spain got the lead 1-0 and then stopped playing and start passing the ball without any purpose.
Russia took advantage of it and scored.
Spain thought about doing something but were very hesitant when even thinking about trying to do anything near the Russia 16 yard line so they pussied out and just passed it without purpose until they lost the ball

Its not true to say Russia did nothing but the truth is Spain sucked more than Russia being great...
Croatia are not as hesitant as Spain and will have no problem attacking the Russians.. In fact Croatia will have a much easier game than vs Denmark who are way more solid...
Croatia to ease through the semi final and IMO they`ll meet Sweden who might not play the most beautiful football but are very dangerous on the counter and they get their results..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Croatia will beat them for sure..
Russia look like the mighty hulk when playing against Saudia Arabia and Egypt but when they faced a good side they lost 3-0...
Russia vs Spain was like this - Spain got the lead 1-0 and then stopped playing and start passing the ball without any purpose.
I'm not sure if we should give such importance to Russia's defeat against Uruguay. They did rest lots of important players (Golovin, Fernandes, Zhirkov) and I suspect that they preferred not to win their group. They correctly predicted that France, Brasil and Belgium will win their groups, and only with a defeat to Uruguay, Russia would have avoided these teams. Also, there was a real possibility that Germany would end 2nd in their group, and by losing to Uruguay the Germans would have also been avoided. The Russians knew that their opponent in the first knock-out round would have been one of Spain/Portugal, and I guess it didn't change much who they were gonna get. But avoiding Brasil, France, Germany and Belgium was vital.

So far things are working well for Russia, and probably, as predicted. They are a big favorite to make the final, as hilarious as it might sound to some of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)