World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (18 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
You're asking why a country that has never won a world cup is arrogant, when the paragraph before you speak of superior quality. Every country that would have our team would be arrogant, dude. That's just how it is.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Well I think that's where our views differ then. As I see no need for arrogance when you're actually talented. Healthy self-believe without the priggish attitude is different of course.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I find it insane that we somehow didn't deserve to win. Japan played brilliantly, were very well organized and scored two good goals.

But tbh I think our two last goals were absolute quality, we didn't lose faith and we did have more chances.

That non-existent Asian Football almost sent your team packing.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well I think that's where our views differ then. As I see no need for arrogance when you're actually talented. Healthy self-believe without the priggish attitude is different of course.
Hm. I would say that much of the Belgian attitude is misunderstood abroad though. Pretty much 90% of what people say here is only half serious. Belgians rarely say something without subtext.

The players are a lot like that too. Hazard definitely has that when he gives interviews, but so do many others. It makes us sound more arrogant than we are.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
They had more chances bro. And did you see how long it took Honda to take that free kick in the final minutes?
Oh. You don't think players think about such stuff. Okay. I didn't realise you haven't been following the game that long.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Oh. You don't think players think about such stuff. Okay. I didn't realise you haven't been following the game that long.

I don't mind the aorrogance part. It's who you are and that's fine for me. We're simply not agreeing on the term deserve as it's very subjective especially in football. With your definition, I wouldn't say Juve deserved to win against Spurs (hah, motherfucker), however I also wouldn't say Spurs undeservedly lost.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't mind the aorrogance part. It's who you are and that's fine for me. We're simply not agreeing on the term deserve as it's very subjective especially in football. With your definition, I wouldn't say Juve deserved to win against Spurs (hah, motherfucker), however I also wouldn't say Spurs undeservedly lost.
Yes. And that would be a completely correct statement to make.

It's not about arrogance btw. This Belgian team has fundamental flaws. Everyone can see that.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Yes. And that would be a completely correct statement to make.

It's not about arrogance btw. This Belgian team has fundamental flaws. Everyone can see that.

Btw, you sound very serious tonight. Had a good day?

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Brazil played well today. And France played well against Argentina. It's probably between you guys.

They played ok, there were glimpses of improvement. Brazil was a much better team before the WC/with a pre-injury Neymar and with Marcelo/Alves. It's a world of difference when you don't have the two best fullbacks in the world in the team.

Regarding France, I said it from the beginning... I didn't want to face them at all. If it comes to that I'll be shitting bricks.

Jun 6, 2015
Hm. I would say that much of the Belgian attitude is misunderstood abroad though. Pretty much 90% of what people say here is only half serious. Belgians rarely say something without subtext.

The players are a lot like that too. Hazard definitely has that when he gives interviews, but so do many others. It makes us sound more arrogant than we are.

Got you. I'm not really even that bothered about what the footballers say when interviewed.

I just thought that their mentality was completely off for this match. They approached the game like it was a friendly. Once they added some urgency and physicality to their play their talent shone through. Talent without the right attitude rarely counts for much. This might have been a good wakeup call though because they certainly have the talent to go far.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Got you. I'm not really even that bothered about what the footballers say when interviewed.

I just thought that their mentality was completely off for this match. They approached the game like it was a friendly. Once they added some urgency and physicality to their play their talent shone through. Talent without the right attitude rarely counts for much. This might have been a good wakeup call though because they certainly have the talent to go far.
Yep. The approach was definitely wrong. And the odd thing about it is that everyone was warning the team to not be so casual about it.

Btw, Fellaini is an absolute beast when it comes to winning mentality. He's often laughed at, but it's no coincidence he scored the equalizer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)