World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (25 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
Yep. The approach was definitely wrong. And the odd thing about it is that everyone was warning the team to not be so casual about it.

Btw, Fellaini is an absolute beast when it comes to winning mentality. He's often laughed at, but it's no coincidence he scored the equalizer.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Both of the substitutes did very well. Fellaini and Chadli deserve to start on that showing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Yep. The approach was definitely wrong. And the odd thing about it is that everyone was warning the team to not be so casual about it.
I wouldn't beat yourself up about this or over analyse too much. Though I get the emotional investment.

The teams that do well. Whether that's Brazil, Real Madrid or Juventus. They don't concern themselves too much about how they get the results they need. Just that they did it.

Whatever criticisms get thrown at Belgium, a lack of character shouldn't be one of them. And that could be a deal breaker in other inevitably close games in the future.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Why was he blacklisted?
I personally love seeing national teams employing coaches from their respective nations, like Senegal and Japan for exemple, much more endearing then seeing some old washed up that was never good european coach that doesn't give a shit a la Zaccheroni
He hadn't coached a club for 3 years, which is not hugely unusual as there are only so many leading clubs in Japan, but he deserved another chance somewhere. He's one of the most successful Japanese coaches ever.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Hm. I would say that much of the Belgian attitude is misunderstood abroad though. Pretty much 90% of what people say here is only half serious. Belgians rarely say something without subtext.

The players are a lot like that too. Hazard definitely has that when he gives interviews, but so do many others. It makes us sound more arrogant than we are.

Two of Martinez's subs scored and both were players that would normally make you pull your hair. Are you starting to like Martinez?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Two of Martinez's subs scored and both were players that would normally make you pull your hair. Are you starting to like Martinez?
I've always liked Fellaini, because he delivers for the NT though. Chadli was a good choice from Martinez. I won't even like him if we win the whole thing tbh.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
As long as Neymar doesn't win this I will be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

fucking christ that was painful. This guy is a level beyond just the typical Japanese autism.

To be fair though, I can hardly fathom giving a television interview in a language I don't speak very well.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It doesn't. But people can be stupid when it comes to underdogs. You get people supporting Russia for example, while they offer nothing.You're getting things mixed up. Same with Italy-Sweden. The Italians were simply the better team.
I don't think you can say that Russia offers nothing, although they did concede a lot of possession and rarely crossed the halfway line, they defended almost perfectly if not for that own goal and Spain is not an easy team to do that against. the Spanish couldn't create a single chance for very long periods of game and then the Russians completely embarrassed someone who should be the the best goalie in the world, I see plenty of reason to support this Russia team. for the record, I personally hope Mandžukič puts 5 goals past them :D, but Russia is the Iceland of this World Cup

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I've always liked Fellaini, because he delivers for the NT though. Chadli was a good choice from Martinez. I won't even like him if we win the whole thing tbh.

The only places Fellaini is great are:
1. His spell with Everton
2. FM (cant remember the exact year but he was a beast in one of them)

Today England vs Colombia
Can you guys (and Maddy) help me with predicting this one (I have a WC bet with friends at work and I need the points due to the system which says exact score gives way more points..)
I dont think Colombia will win it in 90 minutes but I am undecided about England or draw (need an exact score)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
NAKAMURAAA SHAKAMURRAAAAAAAAAAA

LELGIUM @Seven :rofl: :rofl:

I didn't catch this before. Lol. 3-2. Must have hurt like a bitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway @Seven, it should be a match of epic proportions. May the best team win.
The fun part is both teams are inherently flawed. When you looked at Italy 2006 or Germany 2014, those were very solid teams overall. With Belgium and Brazil you get the feeling they might collapse at any given time.

I don't think you can say that Russia offers nothing, although they did concede a lot of possession and rarely crossed the halfway line, they defended almost perfectly if not for that own goal and Spain is not an easy team to do that against. the Spanish couldn't create a single chance for very long periods of game and then the Russians completely embarrassed someone who should be the the best goalie in the world, I see plenty of reason to support this Russia team. for the record, I hope Mandžukič puts 5 goals past them :D
No. Russia offer nothing. They were incredibly lucky Spain didn't push for more. If Spain had actually put some depth in their game, they'd easily have beaten an incredibly weak Russian side. Even their penalties were godawful. Fuck Russia, seriously. Horrible team.

The only thing I like about Russia is that they, somehow, with the grace of God, managed to eliminate Spain.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
No. Russia offer nothing. They were incredibly lucky Spain didn't push for more. If Spain had actually put some depth in their game, they'd easily have beaten an incredibly weak Russian side. Even their penalties were godawful. Fuck Russia, seriously. Horrible team.

The only thing I like about Russia is that they, somehow, with the grace of God, managed to eliminate Spain.
You're talking as if Spain dominated Russia the whole game, while in fact the only thing that they dominated was possession, they hardly had any serious chances over 120 minutes, should count themselves lucky Ignashevich gave them 1 goal.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You're talking as if Spain dominated Russia the whole game, while in fact the only thing that they dominated was possession, they hardly had any serious chances over 120 minutes.
No, Spain didn't dominate them. Spain played ridiculously bad. But Russia still didn't do anything. If Spain had actually tried to score instead of aimlessly passing the ball around, they'd have won. They didn't make it very difficult for Russia.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
No, Spain didn't dominate them. Spain played ridiculously bad. But Russia still didn't do anything. If Spain had actually tried to score instead of aimlessly passing the ball around, they'd have won. They didn't make it very difficult for Russia.
Dzyuba won 14 aerials (probably a record), mostly playing against Ramos who usually dominates everyone. Their defense didn't concede a single big chance to one of the most talented sides in the world, mostly not letting them get anywhere near their pen box. Yeah, Spain was shit, but Russia did a lot to drag this to PKs, it's just ignorant to say otherwise. Argument that Spain could've won if they wanted to is silly, obviously the hosts made it very difficult for them to find any space.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Dzyuba won 14 aerials (probably a record), mostly playing against Ramos who usually dominates everyone. Their defense didn't concede a single big chance to one of the most talented sides in the world, mostly not letting them get anywhere near their pen box. Yeah, Spain was shit, but Russia did a lot to drag this to PKs, it's just ignorant to say otherwise. Argument that Spain could've won if they wanted to is silly, obviously the hosts made it very difficult for them to find any space.
Look. You can like this Russia side all you want. If you think they're a fantastic team, so be it. I hope Croatia beats the living crap out of them though.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Look. You can like this Russia side all you want. If you think they're a fantastic team, so be it. I hope Croatia beats the living crap out of them though.
I hope so too, not a big fan of Russia in general, I just found your attitude towards their footie team unfair, Spain didn't just self-destruct, Russia had a hand in it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I hope so too, not a big fan of Russia in general, I just found your attitude towards their footie team unfair, Spain didn't just self-destruct, Russia had a hand in it.
I just thought they weren't adequately challenged by Spain. It was way too easy for Russia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)