World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (60 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Based on what? These are even mid level teams, but we defend better. They have midget Shaqiri, but despite the huff and puff he isn't better then Forsberg.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
They also have Xhaka, Lichtsteiner (who unfortunately was suspended) and Behrami who I all rate more highly than their opponents. They were also impressive against Brazil and Serbia. Switzerland is probably one of those teams who can rise to the level of their opponents, but are not good enough to break down the wall when they're expected to.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
The biggest reason I support pretty much any team that plays England is the Premier League tbh. That league is so overrated it isn't funny anymore.
Well, I can understand that.

We went through a period of pure tedium with that league when Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea always finished top 4. And their fans became intolerable. Plus our NT players ran in their top 4 cliques, and thought they were rock stars and god's gift. There's a bit more humility about most of our younger players these days.

I'm feeling a slight seed change.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
The biggest reason I support pretty much any team that plays England is the Premier League tbh. That league is so overrated it isn't funny anymore.
I've got older reasons than that. I hated England fans way before the English league got a revamp and heavy money invested in it, and i hated exactly that: the fans. They treat their national team like it's one of the big boys. When in fact it isn't.

So every time they lose (and that's been happening for decades) they act like it wasn't expected, with such a huge disappointment and surprise. No sense of reality really. It's ridiculous.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Oh Dantes here...

...probably Jethro joining soon.
lol!

Look it's not as if I don't know what I'm getting into coming here. I don't have to log in. But I like the diversity of opinion. As soon as I get to the Pub it'll be all "England are gonna win the World Cup." This place helps with the balance.

So. Feel free to come at me. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)