Wojciech Szczęsny (13 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I don’t think anyone would be opposed to upgrading on Tek. But Donnarumma based on his last few years is just treading water at best, and a downgrade based on actual performances. He obviously has room to improve, and become better, but giving him ~12mil/year or thereabouts and making him our highest paid player (aside from Ronaldo) just because he’s a young keeper on the hope that he will actually improve would be pretty stupid in my book. In that case I’d rather wait for another keeper to upgrade.
Imo it's really that simple. Wait for 1 or 2 years until a very good opportunity pops up to upgrade GK. It's pretty clear we will upgrade on the GK soon but he's still far from the disaster compared to other positions.

If we sell him and go the Milan route, get a young GK with potential on low wages, I'm all for it but what are the options? Would be interested to know.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It looks like, as time passes he is reverting to his Arsenal form, banter era.
We shall see if that continues with Max back at the helm. He was fantastic for us under Max, and then had to go through two seasons under coaches who progressively destroyed any semblance of defensive organization and solidity. Doesn’t excuse his poor form this year, but I’ll be curious to watch him and see if gains some confidence back when the team isn’t allowing so much pressure at the back.

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
We shall see if that continues with Max back at the helm. He was fantastic for us under Max, and then had to go through two seasons under coaches who progressively destroyed any semblance of defensive organization and solidity. Doesn’t excuse his poor form this year, but I’ll be curious to watch him and see if gains some confidence back when the team isn’t allowing so much pressure at the back.
Fingers crossed. Let's hope confidence is to blame for his poor form.
Also all this talk about leaving probably took a toll on him.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I don’t think anyone would be opposed to upgrading on Tek. But Donnarumma based on his last few years is just treading water at best, and a downgrade based on actual performances. He obviously has room to improve, and become better, but giving him ~12mil/year or thereabouts and making him our highest paid player (aside from Ronaldo) just because he’s a young keeper on the hope that he will actually improve would be pretty stupid in my book. In that case I’d rather wait for another keeper to upgrade.
That might be true if you compare Donnarumma from few years ago, but currently he's better than Woj. And he has massive room for improvement.

15M (or how much ever it was in the end) is too much though. Let's see who it is we get, but I don't trust Woj as a starter anymore

- - - Updated - - -

That's how bad Cherubini is. Ridiculous the gulf in quality and in such a short period.

At least Nedved is still here doing something
We had Locatelli, De Paul and one of Pogba/Sergej in the bag as well, now watch us get bums like Pjanic, Calhanoglu and Cristante

- - - Updated - - -

I wanna know if there is someone we follow now that Dolla is gone.

Maybe we can get Keylor Navas :diculo:

Last edited:

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
That might be true if you compare Donnarumma from few years ago, but currently he's better than Woj. And he has massive room for improvement.

15M (or how much ever it was in the end) is too much though. Let's see who it is we get, but I don't trust Woj as a starter anymore

- - - Updated - - -

We had Locatelli, De Paul and one of Pogba/Sergej in the bag as well, now watch us get bums like Pjanic, Calhanoglu and Cristante

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, Keylor Navas is a very good goal keeper.

- - - Updated - - -

So Tek scored a header.
So did Allison!!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree entirely. No he wasn’t better. Donnarumma was awful this year. And our team, under Pirlo, was defensively worse than this Milan, yet somehow conceded less goals.

Now maybe you could make the argument that Donnarumma underperformed as he didn’t give a shit because he was just running down his contract to leave, but if that’s the case I absolutely don’t want a turd who would behave like that here.

Donnarumma’s save % was 71.2 this year, Tek’s was 70.5. Both saved 33.3% of penalties taken against. Yeah. Nearly identical. And this was Tek’s worst year here by far.

Last edited:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Donnarumma fanboys act as if the own goal today was a blunder. It was from a close range, deflected off Glik first then hit the post and the back of him.

It's not like he's doing this shit consistently over the past 4 years like this dumb giraffe:

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
Donnarumma is young and has improved year after year, he is on the upwards.

Woj has declined year from year and is in clear decline.

Gigio > Woj is an absolute no-brainer.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
People literally forgetting that Tek had the highest save % in Serie A just a year ago, when Sarrismo was letting him be peppered with shots.

79.6% save percentage last year, and highest clean sheet percentage in the league too at 37.9%. One bad year apparently erases all that. Lol
Not only that, some thought he's #3 in the world as recent as 6 months ago, two months later they started hating on him after a couple 50/50 mistakes in a disjointed team :howler:

You only need to go back and search this thread before March 2021 and enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)