Wojciech Szczęsny (122 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
My eye test agreed with it last year, it doesn’t agree with it this year. That’s pretty simple, dude. Donnarumma in the matches I watched was nothing special. That’s fine if you and that award disagree. I suppose your eye test about last year was wrong if you think Woj wasn’t that good but won it lol

As I said, agree to disagree. Don’t be boring. We don’t have to agree on this. You think Donnarumma > Szczesny, I don’t. Simple.
Personally I think Donnarumma is as good a GK as Tek, and will only get better. That said, I don’t like his attitude, and his demands are way too expensive. I don’t mind us keeping Tek. I hope the management focuses on improving the midfield significantly instead of trying to marginally improve a position that doesn’t make such a huge difference any way.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Personally I think Donnarumma is as good a GK as Tek, and will only get better. That said, I don’t like his attitude, and his demands are way too expensive. I don’t mind us keeping Tek. I hope the management focuses on improving the midfield significantly instead of trying to marginally improve a position that doesn’t make such a huge difference any way.
Exactly. I think they are similar level and Donnarumma being younger obviously will likely be better at some point. But nowhere near “better enough” to warrant increasing wage on keeper from 6 mil net to paying over 10 mil net. Get me one of the best keepers in the world for that kind of wage. Not error prone Donnarumma. Buffon as a teenager was allowing 17 goals in 27 matches at Parma almost taking them to a Serie a title. And then leading them to the UEFA cup and Coppa glory. That’s the type of goalie worth making one of your highest wage earners, not this clown.

Last edited:

rainhard

May 5, 2004
People literally forgetting that Tek had the highest save % in Serie A just a year ago, when Sarrismo was letting him be peppered with shots.

79.6% save percentage last year, and highest clean sheet percentage in the league too at 37.9%. One bad year apparently erases all that. Lol
That is because that one bad year is literally is show that he is on decline
So you want another bad bad year ?

compare both Tek and Donnaruma stats to Maignan
And look who get the laugh in the end

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I can’t see how the first goal is his fault.
once the ball reached the post, it was some unlucky deflections, still, he could have saved that shot and it should have never reached the post. a low shot like that, from that angle should never be a goal.

can't blame him for the 2nd goal at all. that shot should have been blocked by the defenders.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
He's staying guys. Let's just hope he can overcome his psychological problems and return to being the consistent, solid keeper he was before last season. If he does that, I'm sure we'll all happily see him stay regardless of whether we rate him as top5 or TOP20 in the world, if he doesn't surely he gets replaced next summer.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Guys i understand that he was under pressure last month, but this goal is completely on him. there was no other option to shoot than at the near post - thus he has to protect it completely and he failed here. Im starting to hate this guy, even though im already in peace with us not signing dollarumma.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Guys i understand that he was under pressure last month, but this goal is completely on him. there was no other option to shoot than at the near post - thus he has to protect it completely and he failed here. Im starting to hate this guy, even though im already in peace with us not signing dollarumma.
:agree:

Fanboys still in denial.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
He's staying guys. Let's just hope he can overcome his psychological problems and return to being the consistent, solid keeper he was before last season. If he does that, I'm sure we'll all happily see him stay regardless of whether we rate him as top5 or TOP20 in the world, if he doesn't surely he gets replaced next summer.
He was great until about late January/early February this year.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Ironically, Poland's goal was worse goal keeping from Dubravka than the Szczesny 'own goal'.

Anyone who thinks it's straightforward to save that close range double deflected shot has clearly never touched a ball in real life. But hey if you are a Szczesny hater, you got to jump on the slightest of misfortunes to prove your point.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
He was great until about late January/early February this year.
I'd say he was okayish 1st half, magnificent around turn of the year and then lost his mojo and confidence around february and turned into a liability. Imo last season he peaked in both directions, the good and the bad :D

But for a position such as goalie were half mistakes costs you goals, points and next round in CL of course the overall season is rated as poor if you have a half season as bad as Woj did.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I'd say he was okayish 1st half, magnificent around turn of the year and then lost his mojo and confidence around february and turned into a liability. Imo last season he peaked in both directions, the good and the bad :D
Hopefully once Max fixes the defence, he should be back to his best. Which will give us enough time to bring in a young prospect who doesn't ask for 10m in the next couple of years.

Tomas Vaclik had a great game for the Czechs yesterday. Wonder if he's good enough to be the backup keeper, he's out of contract this month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)