Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Rabiot wasn't good enough for world cup, while Bentancur was. Enough said.
Bentancur played for Uruguay while Rabiot was called but he didnt want to sit on the bench
I cant believe we are even discussing it Rabiot is definitely better than Bentancur..

- - - Updated - - -

I bet you've never seen Rabiot play.
Naah.. If I dont see a player play I just say it like Ndombele and Aouar..

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Hilarious. You've £150m lying around spare?

On occasion. Modric to Real and not Chelsea was another.
No way he's gonna cost 150 million pounds on the last year of his contract. What's more, it's a perfect time for him to leave. Adding to his contractual situation, he's at a perfect age and wanted by top clubs. I'd say half of the price you mentioned is an absolute maximum you can hope for. Still I think he'll go for less over the summer.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
No way he's gonna cost 150 million pounds on the last year of his contract. What's more, it's a perfect time for him to leave. Adding to his contractual situation, he's at a perfect age and wanted by top clubs. I'd say half of the price you mentioned is an absolute maximum you can hope for. Still I think he'll go for less over the summer.

You're an idiot if you think Spurs or any other team would sell one of their best players in mid-season for anything other than a huge, huge markup. I'd say an offer of £150m 'might' get Levy to pick up the 'phone, and even then might say no. You're not dealing with a club in financial crisis here.

And the piece I have highlighted in bold (your words, not mine) are reasons for the price to be high, not low. My expectation, however, is that he'll sign a new contract anyway. Not that it means he'll stay with us for life, but if he does leave, it'll then be at a premium price.

It's the double standards here that are a little annoying. Some (certainly nowhere near all) are so quick to accuse PL fans of delusion and arrogance, and yet both of those themes run right through your post (and 90% of Nedved96's posting history).

Last edited:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
You're an idiot if you think Spurs or any other team would sell one of their best players in mid-season for anything other than a huge, huge markup. I'd say an offer of £150m 'might' get Levy to pick up the 'phone, and even then might say no. You're not dealing with a club in financial crisis here.

And the piece I have highlighted in bold (your words, not mine) are reasons for the price to be high, not low. My expectation, however, is that he'll sign a new contract anyway. Not that it means he'll stay with us for life, but if he does leave, it'll then be at a premium price.

It's the double standards here that are a little annoying. Some (certainly nowhere near all) are so quick to accuse PL fans of delusion and arrogance, and yet both of those themes run right through your post (and 90% of Nedved96's posting history).
First of all, I do not appreciate you calling me an idiot for no reason. I have clearly stated No way he's gonna cost 150 million pounds on the last year of his contract which clearly says I meant summer since now there's 18 months before his contract runs out. Plus, my last sentence was: Still I think he'll go for less over the summer. Maybe it's not the double standards here but the problems you have interpreting such a short paragraph the reason of your reputation?

I guess we shall see what the future holds for the Dane but the authorities from the football world are constantly saying that agents and players can do whatever they want these days. Therefore, taking the arguments I already mentioned into consideration, I don't think Tottenham is in a good position to dictate the terms.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
First of all, I do not appreciate you calling me an idiot for no reason. I have clearly stated No way he's gonna cost 150 million pounds on the last year of his contract which clearly says I meant summer since now there's 18 months before his contract runs out. Plus, my last sentence was: Still I think he'll go for less over the summer. Maybe it's not the double standards here but the problems you have interpreting such a short paragraph the reason of your reputation?

I guess we shall see what the future holds for the Dane but the authorities from the football world are constantly saying that agents and players can do whatever they want these days. Therefore, taking the arguments I already mentioned into consideration, I don't think Tottenham is in a good position to dictate the terms.
I appreciate English may not be your first language. What you think you had conveyed is not what you wrote. But there's no point in us debating grammar and syntax now. It'll take too long to teach you. If you're having to make this much effort to explain what you meant the first time, it means your writing lacks clarity, it is not my comprehension that is at fault.

And it is your delusions and arrogance on show here. Not mine. How deluded is it to think that a top 6 PL club, one of the richest in the world, is going to sell one of its best players for half of his market value. And how arrogant of you to think that clubs, other than the one the player is contracted to, get to dictate terms. Especially not your club who will not be in any place to trump the interest from Real or Barca, or to outbid them, if they were to come calling.

I apologise for calling you an idiot. What I should have written is that your post was idiotic.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
And it is your delusions and arrogance on show here. Not mine. How deluded is it to think that a top 6 PL club, one of the richest in the world, is going to sell one of its best players for half of his market value. And how arrogant of you to think that clubs, other than the one the player is contracted to, get to dictate terms. Especially not your club who will not be in any place to trump the interest from Real or Barca, or to outbid them, if they were to come calling.
Top 6 PL club - wow! What an achievement. You're not even in position to say you're a top 4 club because you know that one year you can be there and the other not so much. One of the richest clubs in the world, another great achievement. Tottenham is a flash in a pan. Today you're here, tomorrow you're back being mediocre. We've been relegated 10 years ago, play in outdated Serie A which we dominate (no competition like BPL), no tv money yet we are still far ahead of you, bringing CR7 (you think he'd consider Tottenham?), playing CL finals. Now you see what the difference between Juventus and Tottenham is? Sorry but you had to be shown your place.
Coming back to Ericksen, you really think his market value is 150? He'd be what, the most expansive player in BPL history. No club is paying that price even if he had still four years on his contract.
I do think that Tottenham is in a week negotiating position because of a few factors. First his age. It might be the last call the top clubs want him. He's already what, 27? Every club will choose a younger player having to pay a hefty fee and as you said, Tottenham won't let him cheap. Therefore, he definitely won't sign a new contract with you because he knows you could ask for more money then. Currently, the worst case scenario for him is leaving for free in 18 months when he'll be older, true, but with a card in his hand. He'll have plenty of suitors and could demand a higher salary and get a sign on fee coming for free.
And what choice Tottenham has? Let him go now or risk having him half motivated till his contract runs out and he leaves for free.
For a minute I did not consider him coming to Juve in January. I don't expect any major move from Juve during this winter, however, we now know that we don't know what to expect from this CR7 Juve. Still, I think Ericksen would be a good addition in the summer. We could use a midfielder and his contractual situation is making him an opportunity.

Last edited:

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
IF Eriksen doesn't renew, for how much is he going to be sold? What do you think? @Dantes

Let's bet and see who's closer :p
If he hasn't renewed by the end of this season then I'll take your bet on. Let's come back to it. What are the stakes? Shall we say the loser wears an I LOVE OZIL shirt in a public place?

@The Quazis I got bored a few sentences into your post. Use paragraphs if you want people to read your words. And learn to edit. Less is more. P.S. You demonstrate a comprehension of the complexities and human/commercial realities of football akin to a juvenile Facebook 'journalist'.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Eriksen?! Great player but no thanks
I see Eriksen as very similar to Pjanic (although they play different roles) and I think we need the Pogba type much more than the Eriksen type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)