Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I remember watching United vs Wolves

Neves dispossessed Pogba in midfield and started the counter which lead to Wolves’ goal.

The best thing we can do is get Rabiot for 10-15M if PSG accepts it...
Neves seems like a very good player from this youtube although the last time I have seen him play he was wearing a Porto shirt.. but I have a good feeling about him so you can tell Paratici I approve ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
:agree:

He could play the Pogba role, not as physical but a similar threat going forward.

Would be a great deal. He only has 6 months left on his contract, but I think we will probably have to cough up at least 25m.
This is PSG so they might insist we pay more and risk losing him for free as they dont really care about money

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Report: Juve target 'new Kante' (FI)
Juventus are reportedly keeping tabs on Olympique Lyonnais midfielder Tanguy Ndombele, labelled ‘the new N’Golo Kante’.

According to Calciomercato.com, Juve general manager Fabio Paratici has been following Ndombele ‘for a long time’.

The Frenchman is described as a midfield player with ‘versatility, quality and huge tactical intelligence’ and already has four caps for France.

However, the website warns a deal is ‘complicated’ as Tottenham Hotspur are on ‘the front row’, while Manchester City and Barcelona have also made enquiries.

Furthermore, the Bianconeri will not rush to meet Lyon’s asking price of ’€40-50m’ or engage in a bidding war for the 21-year-old.

Nonetheless, CM expects the Old Lady to make their move next summer, ‘without falling into the trap’ of the French club’s owner Jean-Michel Aulas.

Someone here is going to be very happy.. @Nedved96

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Report: Juve target 'new Kante' (FI)
Juventus are reportedly keeping tabs on Olympique Lyonnais midfielder Tanguy Ndombele, labelled ‘the new N’Golo Kante’.

According to Calciomercato.com, Juve general manager Fabio Paratici has been following Ndombele ‘for a long time’.

The Frenchman is described as a midfield player with ‘versatility, quality and huge tactical intelligence’ and already has four caps for France.

However, the website warns a deal is ‘complicated’ as Tottenham Hotspur are on ‘the front row’, while Manchester City and Barcelona have also made enquiries.

Furthermore, the Bianconeri will not rush to meet Lyon’s asking price of ’€40-50m’ or engage in a bidding war for the 21-year-old.

Nonetheless, CM expects the Old Lady to make their move next summer, ‘without falling into the trap’ of the French club’s owner Jean-Michel Aulas.

Someone here is going to be very happy.. @Nedved96
We all know what that means. He ain't coming.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I'd much rather see us investing in a star midfielder than a star goalkeeper. At least one of Perin and Woj in the long term will turn out to be clearly above average and the improvement de Gea can offer in terms of points won will probably be like 1-2 points per season, is it really worth the money we'll invest? I read a stats article this summer on how many more points than the average goalie elite goalkeeper earn over a league campaign and in 17/18 de Gea apparently was around +4 points, very similar to our own Gigi.

https://www.economist.com/game-theory/2018/02/09/why-footballs-goalkeepers-are-cheap-and-unheralded

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I'd much rather see us investing in a star midfielder than a star goalkeeper. At least one of Perin and Woj in the long term will turn out to be clearly above average and the improvement de Gea can offer in terms of points won will probably be like 1-2 points per season, is it really worth the money we'll invest? I read a stats article this summer on how many more points than the average goalie elite goalkeeper earn over a league campaign and in 17/18 de Gea apparently was around +4 points, very similar to our own Gigi.

https://www.economist.com/game-theory/2018/02/09/why-footballs-goalkeepers-are-cheap-and-unheralded
But if it's for free? he is running out of contract unless he renew.
I would bring in De Gea and sell Perin and Szczesny and get a second old/experienced goal keeper

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
But if it's for free? he is running out of contract unless he renew.
I would bring in De Gea and sell Perin and Szczesny and get a second old/experienced goal keeper
nothing is ever for free, Can on a "free" commanded a salary that's above his level and a 16m signing bonus, in the end in terms of cost I think it's similar to Arsenal signing Lucas Torreira. Imagine what a guy like de Gea with a much higher profile can negotiate, I'm sure Alexis Sanchez can give him some pointers on this.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
nothing is ever for free, Can on a "free" commanded a salary that's above his level and a 16m signing bonus, in the end in terms of cost I think it's similar to Arsenal signing Lucas Torreira. Imagine what a guy like de Gea with a much higher profile can negotiate, I'm sure Alexis Sanchez can give him some pointers on this.
Dont get clever you know what free means..
Of course its not 100% free but compare it to a real expenditure and its "free"
Anyway De Gea is definitely an upgrade over Polak but to be honest I`d give him a season and a half to prove himself and if he doesnt prove to be a top GK then yeah I`d go for De Gea - I hope our management think the same regarding this issue

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Dont get clever you know what free means..
Of course its not 100% free but compare it to a real expenditure and its "free"
Anyway De Gea is definitely an upgrade over Polak but to be honest I`d give him a season and a half to prove himself and if he doesnt prove to be a top GK then yeah I`d go for De Gea - I hope our management think the same regarding this issue
https://talksport.com/football/423141/manchester-united-paid-alexis-sanchez-goal/

this is what a "free" transfer of a top player looks like. huge wage, big bonuses + signing fee. de Gea might not be as greedy as Sanchez, but he's won't give up money he can get, lately free transfers are pretty close to real expenditure and signing de Gea would be a big investment

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
https://talksport.com/football/423141/manchester-united-paid-alexis-sanchez-goal/

this is what a "free" transfer of a top player looks like. huge wage, big bonuses + signing fee. de Gea might not be as greedy as Sanchez, but he's won't give up money he can get, lately free transfers are pretty close to real expenditure and signing de Gea would be a big investment
nope that was not a free player.
They signed him in winter with 6months left and they had to pay Arsenal for him.
My idea was sign De Gea for free.
Give him 6-7m net/year which should be above of what he gets right now (10m pounds but it's gross so it's 5-5,5m net) and some signing bonus.
Sell both Szczesny and Perin and get 40m from the two.
You get a better keeper and some money to invest elsewhere

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
nope that was not a free player.
They signed him in winter with 6months left and they had to pay Arsenal for him.
My idea was sign De Gea for free.
Give him 6-7m net/year which should be above of what he gets right now (10m pounds but it's gross so it's 5-5,5m net) and some signing bonus.
Sell both Szczesny and Perin and get 40m from the two.
You get a better keeper and some money to invest elsewhere
You sell Woj and Perin and you still need a better player than Pinsoglio as your 2nd. Sanchez was essentially a free player, it was well known he'd not extend after those 6 months and he had been negotiating with many clubs including City and Bayern.

I think de Gea case it will be similar, clubs will go out of their way to get him for "free" because goalies like him cost ~80m, no way he signs for anything less than 10m net and bonuses and a pretty signing fee. the scenario you described doesnt fit a superstar goalie that is considered to be one of the top top goalies in the world

Last edited:

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
You sell Woj and Perin and you still need a better player. Sanchez was essentially a free player, it was well known he'd not extend after those 6 months and he had been negotiating with many clubs including City and Bayern.

I think de Gea case it will be similar, clubs will go out of their way to get him for "free" because goalies like him cost ~80m, no way he signs for anything less than 10m net and bonuses and a pretty signing fee. the scenario you described doesnt fit a superstar goalie that is considered to be one of the top top goalies in the world
Well Bayern has Neuer. Real just bought Curtois, Barcellona has Ter Stegen, PSg has Buffon, Atletico as Oblak,City has recently bought a keeper for 50m
Which other teams could sign him and are in need of a keeper?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Well Bayern has Neuer. Real just bought Curtois, Barcellona has Ter Stegen, PSg has Buffon, Atletico as Oblak,City has recently bought a keeper for 50m
Ter Stegen sucks and good ol' Gigi isn't going to be around forever. Real just signed Curtois, but still, i'm not 100% sure they'd let the opportunity slip to finally bring in DeGea.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Neuer is old, Curtois isnt that great and Real will see it until then.. Buffon - Im not even sure they consider him as first choice and of course he is old..
City wont go for him and the same can be said of Atletico and Barcelona but its not really the issue
The issue is De Gea for free would cost but the whole operation shouldnt cost more than double of what we paid for Can...
32M for De Gea - I`d say its a great deal... (taking the contract+agent fee+player fee+ etc..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)