Status
Not open for further replies.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Meh. We'd need at least 250 million to sign Mbappe. There's no way PSG would want to end up in a loss with that deal.

I think papers are going crazy now because we bought Ronaldo. In this case we don't turn this into a very successful season I highly doubt we'll do some crazy move again. But still, even if we do make a crazy move, I doubt that's going to be Mbappe. Sadly. I'd totally love to see him here lol.
Honestly - would rather pass on Mbappe. He is good but not worth the price tag. He is a striker, and will never impact a team like Messi or Ronaldo. If you're going to buy the next Cristiano, you should wait for the next Cristiano. And this isn't to say that he won't be a fantastic striker...but he will never be even as good as Hazard for example IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Honestly - would rather pass on Mbappe. He is good but not worth the price tag. He is a striker, and will never impact a team like Messi or Ronaldo. If you're going to buy the next Cristiano, you should wait for the next Cristiano. And this isn't to say that he won't be a fantastic striker...but he will never be even as good as Hazard for example IMO.
There won't be next Ronaldo and Messi for a long time. Mbappe is gonna be the best player that football has for the next 10 years or so. He's incredible and the only striker that has appeared and that resembles the old Brazilian Ronaldo. The power in him is amazing, just watch when he gets the ball and his first 2-5 seconds with the ball. It feels like he's going to murder everything in front of him and score.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
You're crazy bro!! Mbappe is the best thing since sliced bread, I'd give away the ENTIRE squad just to acquire him. He's the type of player you build several teams around, throughout 10 years +

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Announce both mbappe and pogba
Would you like an Oblak with your order?!

- - - Updated - - -

Mbappe is not overrated - he is just that damn good!
I agree Mbappe is not Ronaldo or Messi and will probably not be in their level in the future but that doesnt mean he isnt a fantastic player..
Mbappe could be as great as Henry was and that`s something we would all like in our team..
As for your Hazard comparison - Mbappe>Hazard IMO

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Would you like an Oblak with your order?!

- - - Updated - - -

Mbappe is not overrated - he is just that damn good!
I agree Mbappe is not Ronaldo or Messi and will probably not be in their level in the future but that doesnt mean he isnt a fantastic player..
Mbappe could be as great as Henry was and that`s something we would all like in our team..
As for your Hazard comparison - Mbappe>Hazard IMO
He is a great striker. He is a great player. He has a great future.

I'm just saying not worth the price tag of >$250MM. Would I pay him for $120M? $130M? Probably. Given age, inflation, its worth it.
People will say: "well he plays wing for PSG". He isn't really a winger in a true sense. He is a wide striker. He is a Raumdeuter with almost no defensive responsibility. This was his role with France as well. This can be seen by his team leading 1.8 offsides per game, his team leading 4 shots per game. 82% of his shots are inside the box, with Neymar at 48% and Cavani at 82%.
What he is:
He is a technically sound
Physically mature player
Great positional sense
Low center of gravity, strong balance, and strength
Elite speed and acceleration
Great finishing ability.
What he isn't:
He isn't a creator. His key passes (1.4) are lower than Neymar (2.6), Verratti (3.2) and Draxler (2.3)
He isn't two footed. While Neymar split his goals between his two feet, Mbappe is a right footed player.
He isn't a world class dribbler. He doesn't have the on the ball ability of Neymar, Ronaldo de Lima. He completes about 1/2 his dribbles despite attempting the highest # on the team, compared Neymar at ~60%.
He plays in a lower level league where all of PSG's strikers have more goals than games played.
He isn't a distance threat. Almost all of his goals are inside the box.
He isn't a complete player.

The only argument for paying 200MM is that you will have him for such a long period of time that it will be worth it. But I just could never justify paying 200MM+ for a pure striker.

Also its important to note that just because a player is physically mature and shows maturity at a young age, doesn't mean they will remain that way. He relies on his speed a lot, and will need to reinvent himself. You can't always base career trajectories based off entering the league young. Players like Gilardino, Donnarumma show this. People were fooled by Pogba as well - physically dominant, appear mature at a young age, and people were calling him future Balon D'Or.

People need to take a breath with these comparisons and appreciate the player for what he is. He will be a great#9, but I don't believe he will ever win the Balon D'Or. If he wins the Balon D'Or I will enjoy people rubbing it in my face. After all Michael Owen did, and I think his potential is more like Michael Owen that Brazilian Ronaldo, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
He is a great striker. He is a great player. He has a great future.

I'm just saying not worth the price tag of >$250MM. Would I pay him for $120M? $130M? Probably. Given age, inflation, its worth it.
People will say: "well he plays wing for PSG". He isn't really a winger in a true sense. He is a wide striker. He is a Raumdeuter with almost no defensive responsibility. This was his role with France as well. This can be seen by his team leading 1.8 offsides per game, his team leading 4 shots per game. 82% of his shots are inside the box, with Neymar at 48% and Cavani at 82%.
What he is:
He is a technically sound
Physically mature player
Great positional sense
Low center of gravity, strong balance, and strength
Elite speed and acceleration
Great finishing ability.
What he isn't:
He isn't a creator. His key passes (1.4) are lower than Neymar (2.6), Verratti (3.2) and Draxler (2.3)
He isn't two footed. While Neymar split his goals between his two feet, Mbappe is a right footed player.
He isn't a world class dribbler. He doesn't have the on the ball ability of Neymar, Ronaldo de Lima. He completes about 1/2 his dribbles despite attempting the highest # on the team, compared Neymar at ~60%.
He plays in a lower level league where all of PSG's strikers have more goals than games played.
He isn't a distance threat. Almost all of his goals are inside the box.
He isn't a complete player.

The only argument for paying 200MM is that you will have him for such a long period of time that it will be worth it. But I just could never justify paying 200MM+ for a pure striker.

Also its important to note that just because a player is physically mature and shows maturity at a young age, doesn't mean they will remain that way. He relies on his speed a lot, and will need to reinvent himself. You can't always base career trajectories based off entering the league young. Players like Gilardino, Donnarumma show this. People were fooled by Pogba as well - physically dominant, appear mature at a young age, and people were calling him future Balon D'Or.

People need to take a breath with these comparisons and appreciate the player for what he is. He will be a great#9, but I don't believe he will ever win the Balon D'Or. If he wins the Balon D'Or I will enjoy people rubbing it in my face. After all Michael Owen did, and I think his potential is more like Michael Owen that Brazilian Ronaldo, which wouldn't be a bad thing.
You have some valid points but football today requires few things in order to be really great. On top of all the things needed there is the most important part of today`s football - Speed!
of course there are other things that are important but speed is on top of them all
Mbappe is a forward - They type of forward needs to be discussed here as a central forward (striker or striker like) - He has everything that is needed and he doesnt has to be a great creator
segunda punta/winger forward - He needs dribbling skills and needs to create as well - Its true he isnt Neymar when it comes to dribbling but he is:
1. Very very young and will definitely improve
2. His speed allows him to go past players even if he is not a master dribbler

Ronaldo on one side Bernardeschi/D.Costa on the other and Mbappe on the center is better than what we have right now + Ronaldo is 33 so wouldnt last forever
D.Costa is definitely better than Bernardeschi but Bernardeschi really improved and he seems on the way to become a really great player
Mandzukic is old so he wouldnt be here for too long
Dybala is the only one remaining - Dybala is a big question mark as sometimes he plays and does nothing and sometimes he is great - Dybala at the start of last season was only 2nd to Messi while he later played like the other version so the question about him is his consistency

Another option is to play a playmaker behind 2 forwards and in this case we can have Dybala/Bernardeschi/D.Costa behind Ronaldo Mbappe
and of course there is the 4-2-3-1 formation..

In any case I see Mbappe able to play any role as a forward with him more suited to a central role currently but could easily be a winger forward type and when he improves his dribbling he will be the best French forward since Henry

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
if we get a 23 year old Mbappe on a free in 2022, it will be the single greatest transfer in football history. forza Presidente, i believe in you

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Honestly - would rather pass on Mbappe. He is good but not worth the price tag. He is a striker, and will never impact a team like Messi or Ronaldo.
Mbappe is a phenomenal player, and his record at his age is better than both Messi and Ronaldo. Will he have a better career? Probably not, it would be difficult to. But if he's not one of the best two players in the next 15 years of football I'll be hugely surprised.

Apr 29, 2006
I am a huge Mbappe fan, but the older I get the more certain I am that comparing any new star to R9, especially his pre-injury days, is an exercise in disappointment.

R9 now would cost whatever the limit is for a player. No one (even Messi and CR7) comes close to him, especially when we talk about 'special' players. In fact CR7 with half the god given talent R9 had and the fenomenal work ethic would be a 10 times ballon D'or winner.

That doesn't diminish the future french superstar - he would be a great player, in fact he is already very, very good. But not R9 level.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I am a huge Mbappe fan, but the older I get the more certain I am that comparing any new star to R9, especially his pre-injury days, is an exercise in disappointment.

R9 now would cost whatever the limit is for a player. No one (even Messi and CR7) comes close to him, especially when we talk about 'special' players. In fact CR7 with half the god given talent R9 had and the fenomenal work ethic would be a 10 times ballon D'or winner.

That doesn't diminish the future french superstar - he would be a great player, in fact he is already very, very good. But not R9 level.
Fun fact: Mbappe needs 2 more CL-goals and he already has as much as R9.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Messi and CR7 have surpassed fat Ronaldo by now. Don't let nostalgia cloud your judgement.

- - - Updated - - -

unleash the hate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)