Winter mercato thread 2016-17 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
Nedved in his prime was the best winger in Europe and won the balon dor with us. Depay simply isnt talented enough to anywhere near that level

- - - Updated - - -

nope but nice try
Again you are either trying to play dumb or you aren't playing.

Nedved was a late-bloomer. His 'prime' is minimum 6 years from now in Depay's life !!!

If you could tell me Nedved will win Ballon D'or when he was 22 in Czech Republic; or even that he would be a top player for Juventus - you would have been lauded a great footballing scout. And I would trust you about Depay too. Reality:You are not.
In fact if you could just tell me who will be contending about the Ballon D'or in 6 years that we haven't heard of now - that'd be great too. You'd be a star. Reality: You are not.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Again you are either trying to play dumb or you aren't playing.

Nedved was a late-bloomer. His 'prime' is minimum 6 years from now in Depay's life !!!

If you could tell me Nedved will win Ballon D'or when he was 22 in Czech Republic; or even that he would be a top player for Juventus - you would have been lauded a great footballing scout. And I would trust you about Depay too. You are not.
In fact if you could just tell me who will be contending about the Ballon D'or in 6 years that we haven't heard of now - that'd be great too. You'd be a star. You can not.
thats easy. Neymar, Dybala and perhaps Pogba.

and again, you are too focused on age. Depay had one good season in PSV based on which he was bought by United. currently hes behind guys like Lindgard, Rashford, Martial and even Young in the pecking order on the wings, Mata and Mkhitaryan too when they play there. he wasnt even on the bench in more than half the games this season hes a League cup player and even there he was subbed out in the 55th minute (probably because he had a monster game). isnt even in the NT anymore (though to be fair to him, he has incredible competition there with guys like Narsing and Berguis). if he was any good, he would atleast play more than 60 minutes in 9 games for United this season and get atleast to the bench of the Netherlands NT.

there is no denying he was at some point a very talented youngster that could have made a great career but so was Giovinco, Bojan and so many other (n)one season wonders, but he nowhere near justified the hype around him in United. Nedved on the other hand stayed just the right amount of time in his home country, he was a starter for an EURO finalist when he was leaving the biggest club in Czech Republic for Lazio. with Lazio won the scudetto, 2 coppas, Cup winners Cup, UEFA Super Cup, lost an UEFA Cup final all in 5 years. was one of the best players in the league during his days in Rome, as evidenced by the fact that we paid 40M for him. at Juve he improved even more and won the Balon dor while he lead his team to a CL final (would have been a title if not for that yellow) as well as 4 scudetti. for Depay to reach that kind of level he needs to improve by so much that claiming he can be as good as Pavel is just stupid

Apr 29, 2006
@zizinho
Yeah - no one has heard of those names you mentioned. :lol: United just spent 100m pounds on an unknown name just for branding purposes. Adidas No.6 "NO ONE" ...

Depay has character issues. Everyone knows that. No one said he is Nedved, I just said you must be mad to say he has 0 chance of becoming one. This is a fact.
Everything else is an opinion and most of the ones I despise the most are those without any logic/procedure of thinking behind them and few facts.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So you wrote the post and went out, leaving it like that? :D
yes, i do that sometimes. then i coome back read if i forgot to add something and post

- - - Updated - - -

@zizinho
Yeah - no one has heard of those names you mentioned. :lol: United just spent 100m pounds on an unknown name just for branding purposes. Adidas No.6 "NO ONE" ...

Depay has character issues. Everyone knows that. No one said he is Nedved, I just said you must be mad to say he has 0 chance of becoming one. This is a fact.
Everything else is an opinion and most of the ones I despise the most are those without any logic/procedure of thinking behind them and few facts.
it doesent matter, those are the guys that will most likely if not for serious injuries be top favorites for the balon dor once Messi and Ronaldo are gone.

he doesent have the talent to be a best player in the world caliber of player, thats also a fact. he will never be as good as prime Nedved, if you watched both play its very easy to conclude such thing

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Unless a player is as good as Messi was at 21, then there is a good chance that player will be as good as Nedved.

Cant believe being a nobody at 21 is a positive indicator for future greatness.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Unless a player is as good as Messi was at 21, then there is a good chance that player will be as good as Nedved.

Cant believe being a nobody at 21 is a positive indicator for future greatness.
Yep, cuz there are so many players on Nedveds level these days, atleast 50

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Fuck me if we keep playing like this Dybala will be pulling a Pjanic and covering part of his own release clause.

No technically gifted player is going to be jumping at the chance to park the bus against Palermo.

Mike C

Jul 28, 2016
We need to have a car boot sale and sort our bench out. The likes of Asamoah are absolutely 100% finished. I'm confident our primavera has superior players.
:tup: It's always been disappointing to not develop our own players, I can't see the reasoning behind it. midfield depth is definitely a weak point, it will be better in a month when Claudio gets back though. Idk who's available at winter, but I hope beppe is looking to see what's out there for us

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I think we need to buy 2 complete midfielders in the winter break to really help our troubling midfield. Asa doesn't exist anymore. Pjanic needs a workhorse next to him to produce. Khedira is intelligent but not very strong. Marchisio, we'll see how he returns. Witsel and someone else. Go for them.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Ok so
Depay is definitely talented but he isnt half of Nedved and will never be - Nedved even before his "prime" has that work ethic that I have never seen with any other player!
Nedved 6 years before he came to Juve - Yes I can tell you I always rated him way before his move!
He is also quite right about Neymar future winner of best player as its too obvious...
Pogba is a monster in midfield and to be honest even if we got a great price on him Id definitely rather have him than the money!

Back to what we need now - We are lacking two things:
1. Creativity and a fierce shooter in midfield Pog`s style/Nedved style
2. Strong player who can add some physicality

1. A player like this I can easily mention however cost will be accordingly...
James Rodriguez - Creative Great strong shots, the only thing he lacks is the strong work ethic
Sanchez - Less creative than the former but is also a leader - He isnt a midfielder but we could play 4-3-3 with him and given the fact that Dybala is a player that drops back we will be covered in the link up as well

2. This is more problematic as physical players usually lack something - Witsel is good but isnt really wc.. Yaya Toure was good but he is near finished now.. Pogba is amazing but I guess its a ship that already sailed... like I said this is definitely more problematic... Vidal (ship sailed) Nainngolan - will take Khedira`s spot so we should still lack something and anyway he despise Juve..

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
we can only hope that emery will continue to misuse verratti so that we have a shot at getting him next summer. this winter would be fiction (if psg was to be still in CL by winter).
i understand people writing that they prefered pogba to stay, but if you just put it into pure effect, we basically swapped a midfielder who would (in his best season yet) score now and then against somebody who is basically a goal guarantee as striker. would you rather still have pogba and need to rely on frigging mandzukic to score the chances ? as many already wrote, we went from a world class midfield and mediocre strikers to world class strikers and mediocre midfield. of course i am exaggerating the "mediocre" part.

in theory having world class strikers should be more effective, since there are tactics to bridge or even skip playing through the midfield alltogether. you could basically play long balls and let the midfield cope with defensive duties mainly. you would probably score more than having a great midfield that in the end needs to pass to some scrubby forward that will sky the ball most of the times.

the world class midfield allows you to have more possession but it will be useless possession (apart from that being in possession means the other side can't score) since you do not make the most of it which we saw when we still had pogba, vidal, pirlo and marchisio.

we basically switched from one unbalanced system to another. the occasional good pass our midfield produce will result in a higher scoring chance since we got higuain while before we needed to hold our breath that mandzukic had his occasional good performance and score one of the many chances. if you look back, even with that world class midfield we often struggled and complained about not having good enough wing backs and lichtsteiner not properly feeding mario mandzukic.

i think we can cope with thise unbalanced system and a mediocre midfield better than others, since we have a luxury basically very few other teams have and that is a defensive player in bonucci that can play the long balls that will lead to scoring chances.

lets hope sturaro finds his form fast and can be the working horse we need to make up the numbers and free our other creative midfielders of their defensive duties.

our squad right now reads like a blueprint with a whole in the middle. getting back marchisio would makes as a very good team, filling that void with verratti would make us a force to be feared even by bayern or barca.
just imagine having three players that can open up play and give the deadly pass in pjanic, bonucci and verratti and dybala would not need to fall back that often so he would be a bigger danger as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)