Winter mercato thread 2016-17 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2015
i have no idea who's this guy, i've never seen him play, but one thing is sure: he's fast.

He was really impressive 4 years ago for Groningen. Ajax bought and got a loan to Willem II, but he never did well after his transfer and he got's a lot of trouble with his coach by Ajax and especially his Netherlands U-21 coach. structurally too late on training et cetera. Don't buy!

He has the potential tho

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm surprised a Premier League team haven't tried to buy him just based on that video.

But yeah, he was a wonderkid on many games when he was about 17 :D

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Looks like Yaya Toure could be leaving in January

wat do
Take him thats what. Tell his agent to rescind their contract and then we can sign him now.

He would add the beast mode back in the midfield, that mode we were so dehydrated of against Inter and Sevila.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't sacrifice Marchisio tbh, guy's such a Juve symbol :heart:
:agree:

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
Agree with everything. Lemina is developing in front of our eyes. Box to box is clearly the best fit for him, but at the moment he's also the best DM we have.
We still need a technical player who can create goal opportunities for the bench, when Pjanic can't play. I dont think Witsel fits the mold, from what you've said. And we need a DM to rotate/compete with Marchisio, freeing Lemina to play at his best position.
So sell Asa, Hernanes, Sturaro, buy vice-Pjanic and vice-Marchisio. Lemina become vice-Khedira.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
So sell Asa, Hernanes, Sturaro, buy vice-Pjanic and vice-Marchisio. Lemina become vice-Khedira.
Exactly.

In all likelihood, Witsel will be the vice-Pjanic (not exactly the technical-creative-offense minded young CM I wanted).

Mandragora will have a shot as vice-Marchisio, they are gambling heavily on this kid.

And Betancour is probably going to be signed next year. I'd say it's very likely he will be loaned out, but let's see.

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
Exactly.

In all likelihood, Witsel will be the vice-Pjanic (not exactly the technical-creative-offense minded young CM I wanted).

Mandragora will have a shot as vice-Marchisio, they are gambling heavily on this kid.

And Betancour is probably going to be signed next year. I'd say it's very likely he will be loaned out, but let's see.
Witsel as creative force is unacceptable

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Wouldn't sacrifice Marchisio tbh, guy's such a Juve symbol :heart:
i can understand where you are coming from, but objectively we would be not only as good as with a healthy marchisio, but just even one level above. we are talking about pirlo'esque long and through balls. alves, sandro and lichtsteiner could get 10 goals each this season, if we had verratti instead of claudio. remember the pirlo - lichtsteiner combination which yielded many goals and assists ? now we just got even better wing backs that probably would even score more. this would allow dybala to play closer to the goal as well, because we would not struggle to get the ball to the forwards, but i guess you already know that.

thinking that nobody is bigger than the club i would swap marchisio with verratti in a heartbeat.

Apr 29, 2006
Memphis Depay on the way out... even Milan a possible destination. [Loan+option]

I would love to see him in our shirt. I know we have Pjaca and we are planning for 2 forwards attack, but I'd love to go for some wingers instead of only having a wing-back. Obviously not our strategy though.

Pjaca - Higuain - Dybala vs Memphis - Mandzukic - Berardi OMG!!! :nico:

Apr 29, 2006
Apparently that is quite a popular opinion, but I do not share it completely. Memphis could be as good as Nedved was, especially with the man himself to guide him mentally. Memphis is not shy about training; physically and technically he has all the checks.

PS: Mentally he is not a midget as well! It's not like he lacks the level - he can't channel it properly! Growth would certainly cure it and in Italy(esp. Juve) he has the chance to do that in spades. Life in general and football.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Apparently that is quite a popular opinion, but I do not share it completely. Memphis could be as good as Nedved was, especially with the man himself to guide him mentally. Memphis is not shy about training; physically and technically he has all the checks.

PS: Mentally he is not a midget as well! It's not like he lacks the level - he can't channel it properly! Growth would certainly cure it and in Italy(esp. Juve) he has the chance to do that in spades. Life in general and football.
lolwat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)