Winter mercato thread 2016-17 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
Courtois just told Marca he wants to leave for Spain. He liked the culture there... :lol: He wants to negotiate again with Chelsea on the last year of his contract in 2018. You can say those sides surely disagree about his market value.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
There's this tall young french talent in Manchester, who seems unhappy. Maybe we have a shot?
I am not sure we need Martial with Pjaca and Cuadrado warming our bench already. Or maybe you mean Schneiderlin? Hardly a talent anymore. Just like you and I, he is not getting any better at anything.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Hernanes -> Fabregas
Asamoah -> Witsel
Its funny as no one will say Witsel is WC but he is definitely someone who can improve us - He is something we lack...
Same goes for Fabregas but in a different manner... Pjanic is our only creative spark in midfield and Fabregas could help while he isnt bad defensively either...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Let's get bellerin and scheinderlin
fuck bellend

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, somewhere post-Calciopoli together with Giovinco and De Ceglie. Life seemed so promising for the four of us, the sky was the limit, and look at us now.
Funny thing on the radio tonight they were talking about an upcoming match between Nottingham forrest vs arsenal. Forrest are expected to give a start to Armand traore and Niklas bendtner.... fml how far we've come!

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Its funny as no one will say Witsel is WC but he is definitely someone who can improve us - He is something we lack...
Same goes for Fabregas but in a different manner... Pjanic is our only creative spark in midfield and Fabregas could help while he isnt bad defensively either...
Can Witsel be creative?

From what I've learned (havent seen him play properly), he looks like a poor man's Khedira. I mean, what he could offer is already fully provided by the German. Not exactly creative, but intelligent movement off the ball.

Even considering Marchisio immediatly closes the gap we have at DM, I think we still need a creative/technical midfielder from the bench, with similar characteristics to Pjanic. Like that Dahoud guy or stg like that.

I'd like to see Cuadrado playing as a box-to-box RCM. I think he would be very good at it, and a good replacement for Khedira when he cant play. So Witsel would be unnecessary.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
Who's this Franck Kessie we're linked to?

Anyone seen him play? Is he worth the rumored 10m?
Was a starter in Serie B last season at 18, did well, now is a starter at Atalanta at 19 and so far has been a decisive player for them (scoring 5 goals in 5 games as a midfielder). Definitely a talented guy and worth a shot for ~10m. If we have some money to spar we should buy him in january and loan him back to Atalanta for 1 1/2 years.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
I said it before and got bashed... I completely agree he has the speed and could create some damage when going forward but its definitely not where he should mainly play...
Hes got the workrate, touch and to a degree tactical intelligence to pull it off, obviously he might struggle picking up runs into our box, but the offensive advantage especially how wide our b2b cms position when we have the ball, constant double team with Alves. Its definitely worth a try considering our cm and wing options this year.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Hes got the workrate, touch and to a degree tactical intelligence to pull it off, obviously he might struggle picking up runs into our box, but the offensive advantage especially how wide our b2b cms position when we have the ball, constant double team with Alves. Its definitely worth a try considering our cm and wing options this year.
It would ruin his best aspect which is attacking space and running with the ball at his feet. This is a terrible idea really...

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
It would ruin his best aspect which is attacking space and running with the ball at his feet. This is a terrible idea really...
Its about utilizing the squad, something Max been working on, he knows his strongest 11 but figuring out best combination to rotate them. If hes content with Alves and Licht on right wing and the freedom our two b2b have in this formation, then it's not that bad of an idea to try. Right now the only space johnny square can attack is his seat on the bench.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Can Witsel be creative?

From what I've learned (havent seen him play properly), he looks like a poor man's Khedira. I mean, what he could offer is already fully provided by the German. Not exactly creative, but intelligent movement off the ball.

Even considering Marchisio immediatly closes the gap we have at DM, I think we still need a creative/technical midfielder from the bench, with similar characteristics to Pjanic. Like that Dahoud guy or stg like that.

I'd like to see Cuadrado playing as a box-to-box RCM. I think he would be very good at it, and a good replacement for Khedira when he cant play. So Witsel would be unnecessary.
We should try playing chiellini there too. Chiellini >Witsel as RCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)