Winter Mercato 2023 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
It's not true that we would put him in the U23, that was just one of his silly soundbites, but it's true that he would have started behind Higuain.
Poor kid… imagine where he’d be now if Higuain would have benched him through his key development years

- - - Updated - - -

Pjaca was only a failure because he got injured. He was excellent before that.

Dybala and Pogba turned out to be jewels. Morata's career could've ended up different if he stayed instead of going back to RM etc. Point is we've had plenty of young promising players here, especially when you consider they played for veteran teams, perennial winners, not talent developers like Napoli etc.

I don't know why a player has to be outside of top 4 leagues or outside of Serie A. Dybala was just as much of a risk as Lautaro was for example, he turned out great. Juventus needs to win year by year and our fans are the first to have zero patience for the young players they so dearly desire. If Leao and Lautaro were playing here the way they were first couple seasons for Inter and Milan no chance they succeed because they were not very good and pressure would've killed them, from fans first and foremost.
Pjaca did absolutely nothing for us. He was never anything close to excellent.

A player doesn’t have to be from outside the top 4 leagues… but for a team like us who can’t compete financially signing known talents we need to be fishing in that pond a whole lot more.

Signing from outside of the mainstream leagues also implies we have a scouting network, which we clearly don’t… That is my point.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Pjaca did absolutely nothing for us. He was never anything close to excellent.

A player doesn’t have to be from outside the top 4 leagues… but for a team like us who can’t compete financially signing known talents we need to be fishing in that pond a whole lot more.

Signing from outside of the mainstream leagues also implies we have a scouting network, which we clearly don’t… That is my point.
The Kvara and Haalands of this world were scouted years ago by Paratici and co. So yeah, we clearly do. The problem lies elsewhere.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Why would he come here? We should go for Singo from Toro. He's a free agent too.

None of that BS about he's not experienced enough, or he's too attacking for Failegri - that expensive mistake won't be here come summer anyway thank fuck.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
The Kvara and Haalands of this world were scouted years ago by Paratici and co. So yeah, we clearly do. The problem lies elsewhere.
Haaland wasn’t exactly scouted, there was hype about him for a long time. The problem may lie elsewhere but then the reality is if we are scouting these players we don’t trust our scouts, either way we are not seeing the right level of talent brought in from our scouting department

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Scouted and assessed as what? I imagine scouts go through a million players but there is a big difference between running into a player along the way once and following closely, assessing them as highest level of potential, giving a strong recommendation to sign then etc..

That’s why a lot of clubs come out years later and say they were close to Ronaldo or Ibra or said no to so and so

Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Scouted and assessed as what? I imagine scouts go through a million players but there is a big difference between running into a player along the way once and following closely, assessing them as highest level of potential, giving a strong recommendation to sign then etc..

That’s why a lot of clubs come out years later and say they were close to Ronaldo or Ibra or said no to so and so
Kvara had an agreement with the club and Haaland visited our facilities before choosing RB. How serious do you want it?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
yeah, it's not funny, it's tragic as we do not seem to have any attacking game plan and tend to park the bus against minnows

i honestly feel we couldn't properly expoit a winger like kvara at the moment
The lack of those type of players is exactly why we're in this situation. The manager is their to create other solutions in which Allegri has shown to be inept and failed miserably. But a Chiesa and Pogba would instantly make this team a fucking much more dangerous side.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The lack of those type of players is exactly why we're in this situation. The manager is their to create other solutions in which Allegri has shown to be inept and failed miserably. But a Chiesa and Pogba would instantly make this team a fucking much more dangerous side.
it would, but in a vacuum a signing like this doesn't make sense. we signed two attack minded wide players (kostic, di maria) and milik who basically replaced berna and dybala, and our attacks are dryer than ever. allegri also said that kostic's crosses can and must be a weapon, so we need more bodies in the penalty area to exploit those balls - and then nothing happened. i'd hate to bring up kulu, so i'm just saying that if an attacker does well elsewhere, he's not guaranteed to have the same impact at juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)