Winter Mercato 2023 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
[
oh shit he's already 24. new Modric they said fuck that lol

Do you remember Modric at 24? He just left Dinamo and was struggling to find his way in Spurs. He was heavily questionned (physique issues and partly they were playing him as AM or winger lol) and only his resilience and work ethic made it work, until he joined Real at 27 and became the player he is.

I only seen Majer once, so cant say anything about the player, but he is heavily compared to Modric for a reason, besides sharing the same playstyle, former club (left dinamo a year ago), impressing in new club so big clubs come calling (Real were closely rumoured to him for past year). So I wouldnt certainly hold the age against him. For Modric comparison, he is right on schedule.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Do you remember Modric at 24? He just left Dinamo and was struggling to find his way in Spurs. He was heavily questionned (physique issues and partly they were playing him as AM or winger lol) and only his resilience and work ethic made it work, until he joined Real at 27 and became the player he is.

I only seen Majer once, so cant say anything about the player, but he is heavily compared to Modric for a reason, besides sharing the same playstyle, former club (left dinamo a year ago), impressing in new club so big clubs come calling (Real were closely rumoured to him for past year). So I wouldnt certainly hold the age against him. For Modric comparison, he is right on schedule.
Thanks for the insight. I never follow Modric's career so didn't know that he's late bloomer.
This guy might turn out great but for that price it's risky and I think we need more proven player like SMS with that kind of money

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I get you, I didnt even check the rumoured price, I doubt the player will go for that much. Unless he has headline stealing season this season, usually players in midtable ligue 1 teams don't go for that much. Only oligarch teams sell for that much.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

anyone know this kid?
oh shit he's already 24. new Modric they said fuck that lol
Im just reminding that we already have the "next Modric" but he isnt getting many minutes here..

- - - Updated - - -

Asensio, Pulisic, Raspadori,... There are dozens of names our fanbase didn't or doesn't want that would be (big) upgrades right now.
Just wondering Raspadori is a big upgrade over who?
Raspadori would play like shit here as the whole team dont function.
When you are being dominated by Monza you understand there is a serious issue of tactics and motivation.
Quality wise we are ok for Italy

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Im just reminding that we already have the "next Modric" but he isnt getting many minutes here..

- - - Updated - - -

Just wondering Raspadori is a big upgrade over who?
Raspadori would play like shit here as the whole team dont function.
When you are being dominated by Monza you understand there is a serious issue of tactics and motivation.
Quality wise we are ok for Italy
When you are dominated by Monza, you understand it's that AND much more than that.

He'd be an upgrade over the non-existent left winger in our team. And yes, I know he ain't a pure LW himself.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
When you are dominated by Monza, you understand it's that AND much more than that.

He'd be an upgrade over the non-existent left winger in our team. And yes, I know he ain't a pure LW himself.
So quality wise you think Monza have a better 11? In which spot exactly do they have a better player? Even Rovella their best player is not better than what we have although its a shame we sent him away..
Quality is there and its not about it. Another coach can do wonders with such a team.
Our team got owned by Monza and the loss wasnt just a fluke.

Now it feels the team is broken and we need someone to place the pieces as needed. Players will make us a bit stronger but a coach will make us much stronger.
Also when the team finally play (probably post Allegri) you will see the players are actually not that bad.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
So quality wise you think Monza have a better 11? In which spot exactly do they have a better player? Even Rovella their best player is not better than what we have although its a shame we sent him away..
Quality is there and its not about it. Another coach can do wonders with such a team.
Our team got owned by Monza and the loss wasnt just a fluke.

Now it feels the team is broken and we need someone to place the pieces as needed. Players will make us a bit stronger but a coach will make us much stronger.
Also when the team finally play (probably post Allegri) you will see the players are actually not that bad.
No and I didn't say that. I'd prefer you not putting words in my mouth.

The team is also half broken without Pogba, Chiesa and Di Maria. Who exactly should provide some creativity, dribbling and/or a final ball?

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

The team is broken without Pogba, Chiesa and Di Maria. Who exactly should provide some creativity, dribbling and/or a final ball?
di maria played against monza and he had a stinker. also, miretti is pretty good in providing key passes and forward balls. kostic was a top10 (maybe even top5? not sure) assist provider in the top5 leagues over the last few seasons. etc

unfortunately we clearly don't have an attacking game, not even something similar to last season (which was already borderline unacceptable), regardless of the players on the pitch. either we accidentally hit a head with crosses/corners or vlahovic scores from a free kick, and that's all. pogba and chiesa would of course help, but they won't function properly without a system.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

The team is also half broken without Pogba, Chiesa and Di Maria. Who exactly should provide some creativity, dribbling and/or a final ball?
While I can understand losing to PSG even with these players, I even accept the draw against Roma but that loss to Monza wasnt about players not being able to put a final ball. I mean we were dominated by Monza and there is no single person to disagree about it. Is not just about losing to Monza as losing to small teams can happen here and there but its the way it happened with them looking like Juventus and we look like little Monza. While we understand the players we have are much better than Monza`s we understand the problem is not just about quality.
Final ball? Should we be in more final ball chances some players would be able to put a final ball in but the problem is none are actually looking to take responsibility and the funniest part is that we had one player that actually asked for the ball when others didnt and we sent him away and like a charm that player was the star of the show against us.

The problems are both mental and fitness as I think its illogical that players can play 90 minutes but then come to Juve to not be able to complete a game without getting injured or subbed early due to tiredness. Its illogical that rule only applies to Juve. Something is rotten in the coaching and fitness routines.

Someone like Conte could change much of it (injuries will still be a problem though)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
di maria played against monza and he had a stinker. also, miretti is pretty good in providing key passes and forward balls. kostic was a top10 (maybe even top5? not sure) assist provider in the top5 leagues over the last few seasons. etc

unfortunately we clearly don't have an attacking game, not even something similar to last season (which was already borderline unacceptable), regardless of the players on the pitch. either we accidentally hit a head with crosses/corners or vlahovic scores from a free kick, and that's all. pogba and chiesa would of course help, but they won't function properly without a system.
Di Maria, yeah. He got red carded, remember? Missed over half of the game...

Miretti is 19 years old. He shouldn't be relied upon to be our source of creativity and he ain't it either. Same goes for Kostic, he ain't creative at all, all he does is tap the ball forward and cross which he does well but he doesn't function in a team void of creativity and other threats around the box. But I welcome more stats to highlight our flaming sources of creativity :D

- - - Updated - - -

While I can understand losing to PSG even with these players, I even accept the draw against Roma but that loss to Monza wasnt about players not being able to put a final ball. I mean we were dominated by Monza and there is no single person to disagree about it. Is not just about losing to Monza as losing to small teams can happen here and there but its the way it happened with them looking like Juventus and we look like little Monza. While we understand the players we have are much better than Monza`s we understand the problem is not just about quality.
Final ball? Should we be in more final ball chances some players would be able to put a final ball in but the problem is none are actually looking to take responsibility and the funniest part is that we had one player that actually asked for the ball when others didnt and we sent him away and like a charm that player was the star of the show against us.

The problems are both mental and fitness as I think its illogical that players can play 90 minutes but then come to Juve to not be able to complete a game without getting injured or subbed early due to tiredness. Its illogical that rule only applies to Juve. Something is rotten in the coaching and fitness routines.

Someone like Conte could change much of it (injuries will still be a problem though)
Exactly and even a talented and balanced team without a coach would do better. So yeah, it's obviously not the only thing.

Exactly, taking responsibility is a task of the player. So why blame the coach for it 100% ?

I agree we need to switch and Allegri is awful right now but everyone excusing the players is either blinded, stupid or just ignoring it.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Di Maria, yeah. He got red carded, remember? Missed over half of the game...

Miretti is 19 years old. He shouldn't be relied upon to be our source of creativity and he ain't it either. Same goes for Kostic, he ain't creative at all, all he does is tap the ball forward and cross which he does well but he doesn't function in a team void of creativity and other threats around the box. But I welcome more stats to highlight our flaming sources of creativity :D

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly and even a talented and balanced team without a coach would do better. So yeah, it's obviously not the only thing.

Exactly, taking responsibility is a task of the player. So why blame the coach for it 100% ?

I agree we need to switch and Allegri is awful right now but everyone excusing the players is either blinded, stupid or just ignoring it.
point is that players are badly coached, so we don't see their true potential. i've been saying for years that the quality of our team is below par, so you don't need to convince me about our lack of quality, i'm just saying that at this point, our lack of system and physical endurance is a bigger issue than our lack of quality. you said that we missed di maria - i meant that even when we had di maria on the pitch, we missed him as he was playing like shit and got himself sent off. he's a good player, a creative one, still useless at the moment.

it's about priorities too at this moment. we need a system first, then we can think about the players. getting pulisic or asensio for the sake of it? why? just random shots in the dark. let's get a coach first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)