Winter Mercato 2023 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We had no chance with Haaland. Raiola told Haaland not to come to Juve because they don’t trust young players and we would have expected him to graduate through the u23 team.

This is the reputation we’ve created
That was Raiola being facetious. Dortmund was obviously a great move for him as the first step, rather than joining Juve or any other big team.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
That was Raiola being facetious. Dortmund was obviously a great move for him as the first step, rather than joining Juve or any other big team.
Agreed but in all honesty I think it’s probably true. There’s no chance we would trust a young player without top league experience. Such a shame… You see these kind of players play for our opponents and hit the ground running (Kvaratskhelia, De Ketelaere, Kim, Lautaro etc) yet I can’t remember the last time we identified a jewel..

Even Kaio looked pretty promising but was restricted to 3 minutes a game until our butchers got hold of him a snapped his knee in half.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Agreed but in all honesty I think it’s probably true. There’s no chance we would trust a young player without top league experience. Such a shame… You see these kind of players play for our opponents and hit the ground running (Kvaratskhelia, De Ketelaere, Kim, Lautaro etc) yet I can’t remember the last time we identified a jewel..

Even Kaio looked pretty promising but was restricted to 3 minutes a game until our butchers got hold of him a snapped his knee in half.
So Pjaca, Bentancur, Dybala, Kean, Miretti, Rugani, Morata were all top league experience/veterans when they started playing here?

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
So Pjaca, Bentancur, Dybala, Kean, Miretti, Rugani, Morata were all top league experience/veterans when they started playing here?
How many turn out to be good/ great players when playing here and become immediate starter?
Only Dybala and Morata belong to that category.

The rest were not immediate starter like what Napoli does to Kvara. If Pogba didn't get injured, Miretti won't get any minutes

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
ummm how many of those were successful??

Pjaca was about the biggest failure we could have ever hoped for and to top it off we extended him… Bentancur was very average, Dybala had 3 years of experience in Italy 2 of which were in serie A… Kean was/is a failure, (and only got an extended run after he’d played for Everton and PSG), Miretti had to graduate through our u23s like I mentioned… Rugani is shit and had 2 years of Italian experience before we signed him, Morata had 2 solid years in La Liga prior to coming here and had come through the Real academy the 2 years before.

You’ve completely misinterpreted my post. None of those players are Jewels that came from outside of the top 4 leagues. Sandro is possibly the most recent example I can think of and he was great for the first few years.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
ummm how many of those were successful??

Pjaca was about the biggest failure we could have ever hoped for and to top it off we extended him… Bentancur was very average, Dybala had 3 years of experience in Italy 2 of which were in serie A… Kean was/is a failure, (and only got an extended run after he’d played for Everton and PSG), Miretti had to graduate through our u23s like I mentioned… Rugani is shit and had 2 years of Italian experience before we signed him, Morata had 2 solid years in La Liga prior to coming here and had come through the Real academy the 2 years before.

You’ve completely misinterpreted my post. None of those players are Jewels that came from outside of the top 4 leagues. Sandro is possibly the most recent example I can think of and he was great for the first few years.
Pjaca was only a failure because he got injured. He was excellent before that.

Dybala and Pogba turned out to be jewels. Morata's career could've ended up different if he stayed instead of going back to RM etc. Point is we've had plenty of young promising players here, especially when you consider they played for veteran teams, perennial winners, not talent developers like Napoli etc.

I don't know why a player has to be outside of top 4 leagues or outside of Serie A. Dybala was just as much of a risk as Lautaro was for example, he turned out great. Juventus needs to win year by year and our fans are the first to have zero patience for the young players they so dearly desire. If Leao and Lautaro were playing here the way they were first couple seasons for Inter and Milan no chance they succeed because they were not very good and pressure would've killed them, from fans first and foremost.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Pjaca was excellent when? 30 minute sub appearance vs Spain in euro 2016?

I fail to see when he was ever excellent? Or you mean the Porto goal?
In the limited time he played because of injuries he always impressed me. I remember Milan and Porto games in particular.

And he was just starting to get more and more minutes before the injury with Croatia

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont think his issue was injuries. It didn't help with us, but he played many seasons out on loan fully healthy without ever being good enough for relegation level teams.

He is the complete opposite of excellent or stand out, except for that euros 2016 sub cameo, we took a gamble and were burned hard, like many before who sign players who look nice in NT tournaments instead of properly scout them. Fools gold settings.

Honestly he is a big candidate for one of our worst signings in general, because he has been with us for 8 years, 2 of them prolonged due plusvalenza scheme, and truly, can you think of a Juve player more useless to the organisation at that time with that longevity?

He is so pointless past decade I am ashamed of myself for writing 3 paragraphs about him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

It's not true that we would put him in the U23, that was just one of his silly soundbites, but it's true that he would have started behind Higuain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)