Why do you even visit goal.com (1 Viewer)

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
The worst thing about goal.com are the editorials. That Garganese guy must be the most annoying mofo in the world. First he kept claiming that Sissoko is the worst transfer in history and then even months after Sissoko proved that he's great, the guy didn't want to admit mistake and kept looking for mistakes in Sissoko's game.
He easily labels our players flops and i already have my dose of pessimism and negativity by reading Andy's, Cron's and Vinman's posts so i stopped reading his shit months ago.

Gazzetta and the Italian sites are more than enough for serie A. As for those who don't know Italian, Channel4 might be few minutes late but at least they don't put on their site every shitty rumour out there. They make a quality selection usually.
i'm gooan try to learn italian over summer just for this reason once these exams are done.

downloaded th rosetta stone for italian levels 1-3. hopefully it teach well enough so i can read & comprehend

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The worst thing about goal.com are the editorials. That Garganese guy must be the most annoying mofo in the world. First he kept claiming that Sissoko is the worst transfer in history and then even months after Sissoko proved that he's great, the guy didn't want to admit mistake and kept looking for mistakes in Sissoko's game.
He easily labels our players flops and i already have my dose of pessimism and negativity by reading Andy's, Cron's and Vinman's posts so i stopped reading his shit months ago.

Gazzetta and the Italian sites are more than enough for serie A. As for those who don't know Italian, Channel4 might be few minutes late but at least they don't put on their site every shitty rumour out there. They make a quality selection usually.
Editorials? I don't even bother with those.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
For months he kept giving Sissoko the lowest rating of all our players. He was claiming that Sissoko is an awful transfer and he didn't want to admit his mistake later. Even when Momo did brilliant the guy was giving him 5.00 or 5.50.

Members here do the same with some players, but we are members on a fan forum while he's supposed to be a serious journalist whose articles are read by thousands of people.
He can soap it,because we know we have a fantastic player.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Almost all of the articles from ch4 are on goal.com as well. Goal.com is even faster at delivering the news. Might as well ban ch4 too..

Guardian is of no use to Italian news.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Channel4 might be few minutes late but at least they don't put on their site every shitty rumour out there. They make a quality selection usually.
that is only partly true ... for my taste channel4 take tuttosport as source a bit too often ... and tuttosport is perhaps as reliable as sportbild or goal.com, don't you agree ?

so you have to watch what the source is on every site...

For months he kept giving Sissoko the lowest rating of all our players. He was claiming that Sissoko is an awful transfer and he didn't want to admit his mistake later. Even when Momo did brilliant the guy was giving him 5.00 or 5.50.
he already found a new hate figure in poulsen who gets the worst ratings and always gets bashed as total failure (even greater failure then tiago !)

Geof

May 14, 2004
I only read Tuttosport. Impartial and accurate news.

In all seriousness, I visit La Stampa (pro-Juve but more serious than Tuttcrap); TuttoMercatoweb > Juventus ( not too bad and fairly quick on the news), and juventus-fr.com (the guy running the site collects info on italian sites and only posts serious and credible stuff, not the fastest one, but accurate) on a daily basis.

for the rest, I trust Mark. And Badass of course

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
that is only partly true ... for my taste channel4 take tuttosport as source a bit too often ... and tuttosport is perhaps as reliable as sportbild or goal.com, don't you agree ?

so you have to watch what the source is on every site...
Of course.
Channel4 don't make their own news and they take the news from Italian sources. It's true that lately they take a lot of news from Tuttosport and i also don't like it.

he already found a new hate figure in poulsen who gets the worst ratings and always gets bashed as total failure (even greater failure then tiago !)
Oh, great. Since Poulsen didn't make the same impact as Momo, i can imagine the bashing.

I think he's a Juve fan though. He writes about Juve with emotions. He criticizes Juve as only a fan could criticize, but he over-reacts all the time.

Edit: I think he used to say he's a Roma fan, or am i wrong? No way he's a Roma fan. Definitely a Juve fan.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So you read goal.com?
I read everything.
I think i'm experienced enough to know what's good news and what's rubish news. Every site has good and rubish news. Some have more, some have less.
I don't check the goal.com editorials or player ratings at all in the last 3-4-5 months though. I mostly check the non-serie A topics.
I have the luck to know Italian so i can get the serie A info from the Italian sites. :D

So, since i read everything, i can safely say that goal.com sucks.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I read everything.
I think i'm experienced enough to know what's good news and what's rubish news. Every site has good and rubish news. Some have more, some have less.
I don't check the goal.com editorials or player ratings at all in the last 3-4-5 months though. I mostly check the non-serie A topics.
I have the luck to know Italian so i can get the serie A info from the Italian sites. :D

So, since i read everything, i can safely say that goal.com sucks.
Facts:
1- You know goal.com sucks.
2- You understand Italian and you can get all the news from the more reliable sources.
3- You still read goal.com.

Result:
You are a masochist.

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)