Who was the man of the match? Ratings? (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
We've talked about this a while ago but the idea was never implented. So I took some time to setup this.

Like we talked about before, an unbiased jury (is there such a thing? ;)) would cast their vote on who they thought was man of the match, and the poll would be created together with the match report shortly after the game has ended. Only people selected for this jury will see the poll and are able to vote for their choice. The results could be presented say 24 hours after the poll was started (and ended).

Ideas? How about a complete rating system where each member of the jury can give ratings for each player? The problem with a full rating system is that polls can't be used (too many options - think 14 players each with a rating 1-10). I think the key here is to make this system as easy and automated as possible.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Actually Marty, originally the idea was not only MOM, but rating all the players in the usual 0-10 system. I don't know what is possible and what is not, but isn't it possible to have something like in questionannairs? In front of each player 10 radio buttons, with 0 on the left and 10 on the right. Or even do it manually in front of each player a space for a number....

OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    Rami said:
    Actually Marty, originally the idea was not only MOM, but rating all the players in the usual 0-10 system. I don't know what is possible and what is not, but isn't it possible to have something like in questionannairs? In front of each player 10 radio buttons, with 0 on the left and 10 on the right. Or even do it manually in front of each player a space for a number....
    Yeah I know, read the first post fully. :p

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    Rami said:
    I did and I was suggesting the mechanism, what I meant is maybe polls isnt the way to go...
    I hear ya. Yeah the polls thing isn't working at all for ratings, only if we do man of the match.

I have one idea for ratings that I'm working on right now, will let you know if it works out.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Marty --

I really like this idea. And we can always start out simple -- just a singular vote -- and as needed/time allows, move on to a more sophisticated rating system.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #17
    OK I've setup a survey kind of system where people can vote on each Juventus player who participated in the game. Once people have voted we can export the results and make a nice little graph of it, please note that the numbers here are completely random and noone's taken the survey yet (well I've already tested it of course and it works :p) and that the graph is no good. :p

Anyone with good Excel graphing skills who can make a nice template for us? :)

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #19
    Yeah could do that, would just have to keep all the stats in an excel book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)