Which character are you? (1 Viewer)

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
This obsession with insisting on being powerful could exactly stem from insecurity and weakness imo, which reminds me of little kids who insist on wearing their clothes themselves to tell us they are not kids anymore.

We were talking about solving problems with your fists first of all hence why all of this came up. If a guy helps me out in a gentlemanly fashion I would never say no. I don't see what all of this has to do with insecurity however. In fact I think that's a very narrowed minded point of view and I think you missed the point all together. I am very accustomed to taking care of myself. It's always the way that I have always been because it is the way I was brought up. I don't shout it from the rooftops neither do I have an obsession with being powerful. It's just different cultures and differences in the way we were brought up. I could look at women of the East as weaklings because they seem to need a man to do everything for them but I don't. I also never said I would never need a man's help because that would be a lie. However what I was saying is that there are times we can handle ourselves. The bar scene would have been one of those times and in such a case the entire fist fight might have been avoided on the whole had she just stood up for herself or just got up and walked away.

Apr 15, 2006
We were talking about solving problems with your fists first of all hence why all of this came up. If a guy helps me out in a gentlemanly fashion I would never say no. I don't see what all of this has to do with insecurity however. In fact I think that's a very narrowed minded point of view and I think you missed the point all together. I am very accustomed to taking care of myself. It's always the way that I have always been because it is the way I was brought up. I don't shout it from the rooftops neither do I have an obsession with being powerful. It's just different cultures and differences in the way we were brought up. I could look at women of the East as weaklings because they seem to need a man to do everything for them but I don't. I also never said I would never need a man's help because that would be a lie. However what I was saying is that there are times we can handle ourselves. The bar scene would have been one of those times and in such a case the entire fist fight might have been avoided on the whole had she just stood up for herself or just got up and walked away.
So what you're suggesting is that walking away from the problem altogether is preferable to doing what is necessary, even if the necessary act happens to be a mildly violent one?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Risa would probably blame her guy if he won't help her in a bar fight and the other guy she's fighting with ruins her makeup. :p

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
So what you're suggesting is that walking away from the problem altogether is preferable to doing what is necessary, even if the necessary act happens to be a mildly violent one?
Yes. And it's unnecessary in my opinion.

Risa would probably blame her guy if he won't help her in a bar fight and the other guy she's fighting with ruins her makeup. :p
I have yet to get into a bar fight and I deal with morons all the time. Maybe I am just better at handling things than some people...

Additionally I have to ask, for those times that the bfs aren't around or for those girls without bf...what do you expect us to do? Call daddy every time a man is not around?

For her it is. For someone else, it may be different.
Thank you. :smile:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I used to joke that any artificial intelligence developed in a research lab would have to be male, because a female version would make no friggin' sense and would be impossible to emulate. :p :devil:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Can't remember it. Mind recapping?
They're all different, sometimes the individuals differ minute to minute. So assuming generalizations based on your own beliefs is pointless. You'll just go blue in the face. You just have to accept their opinions and move on.

---------- Post added 21.02.2012 at 14:14 ----------

I used to joke that any artificial intelligence developed in a research lab would have to be male, because a female version would make no friggin' sense and would be impossible to emulate. :p :devil:
So true though.:D

Apr 15, 2006
Each individual is different in the way he/she handles things so let us just agree to disagree on our choices. :D
They're all different, sometimes the individuals differ minute to minute. So assuming generalizations based on your own beliefs is pointless. You'll just go blue in the face. You just have to accept their opinions and move on.
I can agree with that,
:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)